How many PICKS do we have in the draft now?

We were all guessing what we would have before Smith was traded, but now it's official I just wanted to know where we're at now? Here is what I've seen thus far.

1st round= 0

2nd round= 1

3rd round= 2

4th round= 1 (could be two because of compo from Poe?)

5th round= 0

6th round= 1 (could get another one due to Foles leaving)

7th round= 0 (we traded it away for Acker but could get one back from Zona as part of the Cooper deal)

So without any compensation or trade stuff, we'd only have five picks to play with. But IF everything falls into place then it would look like this....

1st round= 0

2nd round= 1

3rd round= 2

4th round= 2 

5th round= 0

6th round= 2 

7th round= 0 

IF we do manage to have five picks in the first four rounds then it should give us more than enough to bring in some decent talent imo. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's another 7th coming from TEN for the David King trade.  I'd be shocked if we got a 4th for Poe, more like a 5th? 

2nd

3rd, 3rd

4th

5th (Poe)

6th, 6th (Foles)

7th, 7th

People were saying last year in FA that Foles would net KC a 6th just due to his contract with PHI. 

Now with playing time and potential super bowl awards, that could get up to a 5th.

Are you sure? I saw that argument on this forum a few weeks ago and someone suggested that this isn't the case?

Some times it is but there are times they award one even if you gain another. The formula is so weird and no one knows what it is for sure

Similar deals, playing time and stats. No chance.

Not always true. They also look at it overall as did they lose more free agency than they gained? If so you could see it still. Broncos signed talib was it and lost a guy that year which looked to be a wash, but they still got a comp pick. I believe that was in the forum that was mentioned here a few weeks ago.

Not always true. They also look at it overall as did they lose more free agency than they gained? If so you could see it still. Broncos signed talib was it and lost a guy that year which looked to be a wash, but they still got a comp pick. I believe that was in the forum that was mentioned here a few weeks ago.

Yeah sure, but the only other qualifying FA they lost besides Poe and Foles was Knile Davis and that move was a gigantic wet queef on the grand scale.

Hmmmmm

“Rules and Formula. Compensatory picks are based on the salary, playing time and postseason honors of the free agents each team lost during the previous offseason”

Foles signed a 5 year $27.5M deal with Philly

BUT he had a $5M incentive for this year in his contract...not sure what it was but Super Bowl MVP seems like he might get that extra lol.

So this year he cost them about $7M + $5M = $12M. I’d say $12M+Super bowl MVP gets us a 3rd in my book lol

Hmmmmm

“Rules and Formula. Compensatory picks are based on the salary, playing time and postseason honors of the free agents each team lost during the previous offseason”

Foles signed a 5 year $27.5M deal with Philly

BUT he had a $5M incentive for this year in his contract...not sure what it was but Super Bowl MVP seems like he might get that extra lol.

So this year he cost them about $7M + $5M = $12M. I’d say $12M+Super bowl MVP gets us a 3rd in my book lol

At this point I'm pretty sure we get a 3rd for Foles as the salary is decided at the end of the year with incentives. With the SB making the difference I think the first compensatory pick of the draft is very likely.

Yep.

I'm being pessimistic, but I'd say Super Bowl MVP award will rocket his worth for tge formula.

Depends what they mean by post season honors in the formula.  If it's All Pro type stuff, no.   If it's playing in the postseason, and winning the Super Bowl MVP, then we should get the highest comp pick possible.  

So this Foles situation should be interesting to see. There's no way in hell they could justify giving us a 6th round pick. So imo the least we could get is a 4th or a 5th. And the most could be a 2nd or 3rd perhaps? 

So we could potentially have..

2nd= 1

3rd= 3 (Foles)

4th= 1

5th= 1 (Poe)

6th= 1

7th= 2

That would be incredible for us considering where we started from In this draft.

So this Foles situation should be interesting to see. There's no way in hell they could justify giving us a 6th round pick. So imo the least we could get is a 4th or a 5th. And the most could be a 2nd or 3rd perhaps?

So we could potentially have..

2nd= 1

3rd= 3 (Foles)

4th= 1

5th= 1 (Poe)

6th= 1

7th= 2

That would be incredible for us considering where we started from In this draft.

The highest comp pick a team can receive is 3rd round, they don't award 2nd round any more.

Archived