We MUST give Pat a big WR to work with

Smith didn't repel Jeremy Maclin. Free agents will go for the money especially if they also have a chance to play for a winning team.

The Andy Reid relationship is probably what brought Maclin in, along with the ridiculous contract relative to his production. And outside his first year in KC, Maclin has been a bust outside Philly. Including this year in Baltimore where he was nothing special and even less effective.

Smith didn't repel Jeremy Maclin. Free agents will go for the money especially if they also have a chance to play for a winning team.

Alex devalues the bigger WRs who don’t get much separation because of his conservative nature. I think Dorsey and Andy knew this and stayed largely away with exception of Conley. And he’s been a complete non factor in the red zone. Heck pedestrian receiving numbers too.

But I would think this type of physical win the 50-50 jump ball type of WR will now become a big part of how we scout the position again.

Our red zone WR group was very weak because of this and is a HUGE need in my opinion. Alex Smith completed only 46 percent of his passes in the red zone which was bottkm 5 of the league and the 13 TDs was bottom.ten in the league.

Archived