CURSE of the KINGDOM: Rise of Mahomes

Did anyone ever hear Jimmy Johnson’s comments on why he cut Elloitt? He basically said Elliott went up to him after a rough game and expressed his uncertainty on ability to make kicks at that moment. Johnson cut him the next day, saying once the kicker is mentally defeated their career and reliability is shot.

Bono was garbage. But it is unfortunate that Elloitt probably lost the mental fortitude to be a kicker before we signed him.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Did anyone ever hear Jimmy Johnson’s comments on why he cut Elloitt? He basically said Elliott went up to him after a rough game and expressed his uncertainty on ability to make kicks at that moment. Johnson cut him the next day, saying once the kicker is mentally defeated their career and reliability is shot.

Bono was garbage. But it is unfortunate that Elloitt probably lost the mental fortitude to be a kicker before we signed him.

Elliot had been solid throughout the first three months of the season. But in December he went to crap and missed several easy FGs and extra points if my memory serves me correctly. I remember for sure that Carl Peterson was considering making a move. On point with JJs comment about his mental state, it was painfully obvious from the sidelines that day that this was a guy who did not want to take that last kick. And it was a horrendous attempt too. Kickers have to have a short memory or they will never last. Helps to  have a big leg too which Elliott did not. 

Chiefs playoff woes are legendary amongst my friends who are fans of other teams. I have to just eat the jabs because they are right. Until the Chiefs actually prove it on the field during the playoffs they are seen as nothing more than little kids wanting to sit at the big boys table but not tall enough to get in the chair.

15 hours ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs playoff woes are legendary amongst my friends who are fans of other teams. I have to just eat the jabs because they are right. Until the Chiefs actually prove it on the field during the playoffs they are seen as nothing more than little kids wanting to sit at the big boys table but not tall enough to get in the chair.

Agreed. I take so much shit from a Broncos fan and all I can point to is the last 3 years and we have done shit with them even then. That and cap space cheating for their first 2 SBs.....which I would gladly take as a Chiefs fan if they had done it.

Archived