It would be STUPID to neglect our Offense this offseason!!!

I hear a lot of my fellow Chiefs fans saying, "we don't need any new additions to the offense, it must be all about the defense", and while agree that the defense does need plenty of attention, I don't think some folks understand how close we are to having the best damn offense in the entire country!!!. Now, obviously much will depend on PM15 living up to his potential, but when we look at the other areas and see Hunt, Kelce and Hill, and look at the solid O-line we have apart from the left-guard position, then I think it would be crazy to waste this opportunity. 

1. Bar Hill and Kelce, which other receivers on the roster do you trust to score TD's regularly?

2. We have the core of our O-line in place in Schwartz, LDT, Morse and Fisher, so why on earth wouldn't we complete the line and add a stud left-guard to take the line to another level?

3. We saw how badly we were affected when Kelce went out of the game, so clearly another TE is needed.

Towards the end of the season I actually think Robinson showed glimpses of his potential and I think there's a chance he could step up, but I don't have much faith in Conley or Chesson tbh. And Wilson is a limited player too when it comes to his routes and catching the ball over his shoulder. 

So with this in mind, I think we need a left-guard, one or two receivers and a Tight-end. IF I could only pick one WR then I think I might be inclined to pick a slot receiver as I think a quality one could cause all sorts of problems in Reid's system. 

Can't do everything in one offseason. The defense is such a mess that the offense is on the backburner. No doubt those are needs but not as great as defensive needs. 2nd te and 3rd pass catcher are luxuries when you need dline, ilb and pass rushers in a bad way.

The Chiefs were still a top 5 offense last year even with all the issues you described. Ehinger will have an off-season to get his leg back to full strength and can solidify that LG spot. We get Conley back and Mahomes has more chemistry with the WRs we need to develop, which will help out the recieving corps. We also have Ware coming back, which will open up the offense even more. The age of our offense is also much younger, with virtually everyone either being on their first contract or very early into their second. Schwartz is the oldest guy around at 28.

The Chiefs were basically a bottom 5 defense, And while the secondary will be vastly improved with Berry and Fuller, I think we can all agree that 90% of the issue with the defense came from the front seven, be it no pass rush, poor run defense, or short yardage mis-tackling. It is made up of 30+ veterans that are passing their prime.

Nobody argues that we couldn’t improve the offense, but most probably believe that between what could be a cash-strapped year in free agency and missing our 1st rounder in the draft, it would make the most sense to put much more emphasis on the defense in order to be successful both short term as well as long term. But look at the draft and free agency for both guards and you aren’t going to see anything that will really immediately upgrade what we have already. TE has some free agents I wouldn’t mind at the right price but the WRs are filled with a bunch of names that were drafted high but never amounted to much. There is much more need and much more value in investing in defense this offseason. We are also on a much shorter timeline on getting our aging vets replaced on defense.

All that being said, I’d really love to go for a TE in free agency. There are four or five out there that I think would be a great compliment/backup to Kelce and a serious upgrade to what we already have. Outside that, I just done see that much of an effort made to the offense this offseason unless we shed a lot more salary cap than expected or offload a player or two in trade(Ware/West Im looking at you).

Can't do everything in one offseason. The defense is such a mess that the offense is on the backburner. No doubt those are needs but not as great as defensive needs. 2nd te and 3rd pass catcher are luxuries when you need dline, ilb and pass rushers in a bad way.

The one thing to remember is the Chiefs don't have to fix it all in one year to be competitive.  Even middle of the pack D puts them in the hunt.

The one thing to remember is the Chiefs don't have to fix it all in one year to be competitive. Even middle of the pack D puts them in the hunt.

Plus with season 1 of a rookie QB we don't have to force any issues out of desperation this offseason. I hope PM can get us to the playoffs, but I don't think that kind of expectation is fair. Year 2 is when we need our ducks in a row...if he's legit.

Plus with season 1 of a rookie QB we don't have to force any issues out of desperation this offseason. I hope PM can get us to the playoffs, but I don't think that kind of expectation is fair. Year 2 is when we need our ducks in a row...if he's legit.

I think we can expect playoffs. If anything Reid plays it safe at times to get the win if it means simple dump passes, rpo, etc. Same thing is did with Smith which I think PM2 can do.

Alex was not good in the red zone completing a putrid 46 Percent of his passes which was nearly last among starters and his 13 TD passes was bottom ten. Much of this has to do with his conservative nature and lack of red zone WR threats. It’s a really big immediate need in my opinion.

That is why FA is gonna be so important because it can dictate how well we address sides of the ball. If we get Andrew Norwell, Sheldon Richardson and Kyle Fuller for example then that would be a great boost.

That is why FA is gonna be so important because it can dictate how well we address sides of the ball. If we get Andrew Norwell, Sheldon Richardson and Kyle Fuller for example then that would be a great boost.

I just don't see them handing out 3 contracts like that. If you had to pick 1 who would it be. I'd say richardson for sure IMO.

I just don't see receiver as a priority for this offense and here is why...Patrick Mahomes. When he was in college one of his strengths was that he spread the ball around. Unlike Alex he doesn't have to have 1 or 2 "go to" guys to be successful. In his short time in preseason and week 17 he did more with Robinson and Wilson than AS ever did. Also I thought Conley was way underutilized for his skill set. Anyone remember Conley's combine numbers? The guy is amazingly athletic. He has size, speed and great leaping ability which for the most part has been wasted up until now. Let Mahomes have a crack at him.

Definitely agree about upgrading the TE #2 spot. As far as LG....my concern is that KC has already poured a ton of money into the Oline. Who could we get that is good that we wouldn't have to pay a lot for?

I don't see us upgrading LG or TE #2.

I think Reid likes Harris and has put a lot of time and effort into him. I would upgrade it, but I don't think we do.

I think with the full off-season to strengthen his legs Ehinger will be the guy. I like him. I thought he looked good against Denver too. I think Witzmann sticks around and is our swing backup guard. I would be ok with this. I also wouldn't mind drafting a guard like Wyatt Teller out of Virginia tech in the 3rd round. I just don't see us doing it

I just don't see receiver as a priority for this offense and here is why...Patrick Mahomes. When he was in college one of his strengths was that he spread the ball around. Unlike Alex he doesn't have to have 1 or 2 "go to" guys to be successful. In his short time in preseason and week 17 he did more with Robinson and Wilson than AS ever did. Also I thought Conley was way underutilized for his skill set. Anyone remember Conley's combine numbers? The guy is amazingly athletic. He has size, speed and great leaping ability which for the most part has been wasted up until now. Let Mahomes have a crack at him.

Definitely agree about upgrading the TE #2 spot. As far as LG....my concern is that KC has already poured a ton of money into the Oline. Who could we get that is good that we wouldn't have to pay a lot for?

He had to do more with Robinson and Wilson because those were his starters. We will see what is does with Hunt, Kelce and Hill in there.

I don't see us upgrading LG or TE #2.

I think Reid likes Harris and has put a lot of time and effort into him. I would upgrade it, but I don't think we do.

I think with the full off-season to strengthen his legs Ehinger will be the guy. I like him. I thought he looked good against Denver too. I think Witzmann sticks around and is our swing backup guard. I would be ok with this. I also wouldn't mind drafting a guard like Wyatt Teller out of Virginia tech in the 3rd round. I just don't see us doing it

Teller can probably be had much later and doesn't fit the profile of guards Andy wants. If you can't pull and play in space you won't do well as a guard in our system.

Teller can probably be had much later and doesn't fit the profile of guards Andy wants. If you can't pull and play in space you won't do well as a guard in our system.

Wyatt has the height and length that Andy lines in his lineman.

As a highly recruited defensive end he has very good feet and athleticism. He does fit or system but brings a nastiness that we need

http://draftutopia.com/guardrankings.html

http://www.draftblaster.com/2018-nfl-draft/nfl-mock-draft/wyatt-teller-og-virginia-tech/

Archived