What does LB Eligwe need to get better at to be a good starter?

Idk that we will find out what he is made of until there is an injury to Rags or whoever starts next to him. Would be nice to see him develop into something but I cant see them going into next year with a question mark at that position. DJs inconsistency killed us at that spot and I inagine it will get prioritized.

Tough to say since we have seen very little of him. Definitely has nice speed but never showed to be the solid tackler we need at ILB. The sample size is very small and it was his rookie year so don't know how he turns out by camp but I definitely want to get to the season with a definite answer next to Ragland. If that guy is Eligwe that's great but if not I think it's about time we actually invest at ILB.

It seems like we get a little weird about our bench players. He played in 14 games with 3 tackles. He couldn't get playing time on a team that put Sorensen in the box and had some of the worst linebacker play I've ever seen.

He was projected to be a 6th or 7th rounder that should be able to make a practice squad with an outside chance to make an NFL roster, and was dismissed for multiple violations of team rules in college.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ukeme-eligwe?id=2558097

And we think he's a great compliment to Ragland and think he's a top prospect at LB.

It's been the same thing every year with Bray. I hope Bray gets a shot, he's so flipping awesome. No, Bray sucks too.

It seems like we get a little weird about our bench players. He played in 14 games with 3 tackles. He couldn't get playing time on a team that put Sorensen in the box and had some of the worst linebacker play I've ever seen.

He was projected to be a 6th or 7th rounder that should be able to make a practice squad with an outside chance to make an NFL roster, and was dismissed for multiple violations of team rules in college.

And we think he's a great compliment to Ragland and think he's a top prospect at LB.

It's been the same thing every year with Bray. I hope Bray gets a shot, he's so flipping awesome. No, Bray sucks too.

It was definitely concerning (telling?) that Tanoh and Eligwe got so little time on D outside of the Denver game.  Not a good sign that neither had built enough trust with the coaches to be out there.

That was totally different from Ragland, who was allowed to play through a few rough starts before he emerged as a force.

The thing about most youngsters is that they show a lot of promise in different ways. That gets the hopes up and as we focus on the good aspects makes us think that they can be starters. NFL is full of such players that turn out to be a bust or become the real deal but overall we don't have enough about most of the youngsters to really know what to expect from them.

Archived