What do yall expect from Robinson next season?

This is the question I have In my mind when it comes to us getting another WR this offseason. What about Robinson? I don't know what it is but there's a nagging feeling In the back of my mind that this kid is gonna be something special for the Chiefs. 

1. He seems to be quite brilliant at getting separation by using his quick feet, elusiveness and hand techniques to shove off defenders. His first start against Pitt was full of several incidents where he left his defender for dead but wasn't seen by Alex.

2. Though he dropped a couple of catches off Pat at Denver, his catching been simply spectacular at times. I mean the three he made against Tenn in preseason? The catch In the two-minute drive at Denver? 

3. His route running is very interesting in that, if his initial run isn't targeted, he's able to improvise in order to give his QB another option. 

4. He's a decent blocker aswell

And lastly, I think most would agree that his best game thus far was against Tenn when he got four catches for 50 odd yards and a TD. In the two minute drive to end the first half, he caught three catches. One in the centre of the field, the second one on the right, and lastly the third one on the left where he shoved off a jam by the safety, caught the ball and jinked inside the defender to score the TD. To me, that was top class stuff from D-rob. 

So the question is what do you expect from him next season? Is he a sure starter and does he have the talent to be a number one receiver? 

That was a great bounce back game for him after Denver. I am still pretty high on him. He didn’t do much in the regular season, but probably because he was the 3rd or 4th read.

Chesson is also intriguing. I less there is a stud available, I think we are pretty good at WR. Another #3 or #4 WR doesn’t do much for us.

That was a great bounce back game for him after Denver. I am still pretty high on him. He didn’t do much in the regular season, but probably because he was the 3rd or 4th read.

Chesson is also intriguing. I less there is a stud available, I think we are pretty good at WR. Another #3 or #4 WR doesn’t do much for us.

But some are saying we need a tall Wr for Pat to improve our ability in the redzone? If Robinson is to be a starter next season (and tbh I think he will be after the Tenn game and spending a year in Reids system) then I think at the very least we need a quality slot receiver. I think that would help the offense a lot.

Maybe. Conley is 6’3”. Chesson is 6’3”. Kemp is 6’4”. Robinson is 6’1”.

We have some height. I don’t know how tall folks are looking for, but I am more concerned with quickness and separation. Wouldn’t say no to a taller guy that can get free. Just think if we can protect Mahomes, he can make these guys look pretty good.

I just don’t want to be saying, wow Pat really stood in there and took a shot to deliver that ball. The Denver game made me think we have a good shot at getting Mahomes hurt. He was delivering under some heavy pressure. That is a good pass rush, but still. Don’t want to teach him to have happy feet.

Maybe. Conley is 6’3”. Chesson is 6’3”. Kemp is 6’4”. Robinson is 6’1”.

We have some height. I don’t know how tall folks are looking for, but I am more concerned with quickness and separation. Wouldn’t say no to a taller guy that can get free. Just think if we can protect Mahomes, he can make these guys look pretty good.

I just don’t want to be saying, wow Pat really stood in there and took a shot to deliver that ball. The Denver game made me think we have a good shot at getting Mahomes hurt. He was delivering under some heavy pressure. That is a good pass rush, but still. Don’t want to teach him to have happy feet.

Jaleel Scott 6'6 and Aurden Tate 6'5 in the draft :D 

Hes currently our number 2 WR. You think he may go from that to not even making the roster?

No I think he will be on the team but I could see Reid adding another WR and then its a battle for the other spots.  If Robinson has a bad camp who knows.

Just saying I do not expect much more from this year to next

No I think he will be on the team but I could see Reid adding another WR and then its a battle for the other spots.  If Robinson has a bad camp who knows.

Just saying I do not expect much more from this year to next

I think Reid is most likely to add a slot WR tbh than a guy who would directly challenge D-Rob. I actually think the Tenn game could prove to be a vital performance for him because he stepped up on the biggest stage that day when others disappointed.

Do you think he has the ability to be a number one WR? Maybe I'm way off but when I see Rob he reminds me a little of Michael Thomas at NO who is quite brilliant tbh.

Going to have to see him full time with a qb who targets everyone. Reminds me more of slot type guy. Welker, sanders etc.

Going to have to see him full time with a qb who targets everyone. Reminds me more of slot type guy. Welker, sanders etc.

Did Robinson play in the slot at all last season? If so then I guess that could be an option for next season. Although from what I've seen he seemed to be popping up and catching balls on the left, right and central. He was moving all over the place really. 

IMO, if Robinson was going to be special, we'd know now.

What did Antonio Brown do In his first season? And who was Adam Thielan a year ago? Robinson has all the tools to be a top-class player imo. Speed, The ability to get separation, Elusiveness and good hands are all in his make-up. Receivers also need targets which Robinson barely got with Alex. The one time Alex actually showed him some trust (against Tenn) Demarcus had his best performance. 

How tall was the receivers for Mahomes in college? I know it is not the NFL but if he can make smaller receivers look good with his throws, then I think we are just fine in the size department as those mentioned above are all over 6'1". I would go with another 6'6" type TE.

I think all of our WR have the chance to look a lot better as PM will be much more willing to throw it into tight places unlike Alex. I think we all have to take a step back and look at our passing game with fresh eyes now that a gun slinger is at the helm. WR that seemed average may look a lot better as long as they can catch the ball

How tall was the receivers for Mahomes in college? I know it is not the NFL but if he can make smaller receivers look good with his throws, then I think we are just fine in the size department as those mentioned above are all over 6'1". I would go with another 6'6" type TE.

Leading wr was 5’7 with everyone else 6 or under.

Archived