Dez Bryant

Not sure if I want a WR that expensive who's more of a head case than he's a star. He sure is good but a lower profile guy might be better and spending picks on a trade doesn't make much sense now unless it's a very late one. This year might be the best FA class for WRs in recent history.

Not sure if I want a WR that expensive who's more of a head case than he's a star. He sure is good but a lower profile guy might be better and spending picks on a trade doesn't make much sense now unless it's a very late one. This year might be the best FA class for WRs in recent history.

When was the last time he did anything remotely disruptive?

When was the last time he did anything remotely disruptive?

Pretty much the entire talk on him is being a diva. Most pundits have articles about it and even Dez Bryant himself gave an interview to the NFL about the issue. He's not a bad influence distraction like Gordon but a diva who's basically focused on himself.

Our offense would become one of the most dangerous in the league immediately though and in essence we would have traded Alex Smith for Kendall Fuller and Dez Bryant lol. I just don't think he would be good for chemistry so still no

Weren't we p3retty much around a top 5 offense in the league this past year? That's not considered dangerous? Without the mid season swoon we would have been top 3 for sure. Bryant just doesn't seem like a fit at all to me.

Weren't we p3retty much around a top 5 offense in the league this past year? That's not considered dangerous? Without the mid season swoon we would have been top 3 for sure. Bryant just doesn't seem like a fit at all to me.

Not that I’m advocating for Bryant, because I’m not, but our offense was dogshit in the red zone. We need a receiver that can grab jump balls in the end zone and score tds in congested areas. That was one of a couple of things that kept our offense from being balanced and truly dangerous.

Not that I’m advocating for Bryant, because I’m not, but our offense was dogshit in the red zone. We need a receiver that can grab jump balls in the end zone and score tds in congested areas. That was one of a couple of things that kept our offense from being balanced and truly dangerous.

This will change with PM2. He can fit it in a tight window where Smith usually would avoid. I just don't think we see the 2 yard dump off and hope for the YAC to get a td much more.

Years ago, a bunch of fans posted here they wanted Terrell Owens, Bryant is of the same pedigree,

selfish, loud and vexatious to the spirit, why invite that if you don't have to

Not even close to Owens. He’s never in the media. Blowing this out of proportion imo

Wouldn’t pay him big numbers anyway

Not even close to Owens. He’s never in the media. Blowing this out of proportion imo

Wouldn’t pay him big numbers anyway

An article from The Sports Fan Journal:

Terrell Owens. Randy Moss. Two of the greatest wide receivers to ever step foot on the gridiron. Over 15 seasons, T.O. compiled 1,078 receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdowns. Randy Moss managed 982 receptions for 15,292 yards and 156 touchdowns over 14 seasons, and even added two passing touchdowns and a kick-return touchdown. Both have amassed team and league records. Along the way, there were spectacular catches and clutch catches and hilarious celebrations. And yet these two incredible athletes are known as much for their sideline/off-the-field antics as they are for their fantastic achievements on it.

Watch any Dallas Cowboys game this season and you will see another incredibly talented wide receiver who seems to be cut from the same cloth as Owens and Moss. That receiver is Dez Bryant. Watch the Cowboys play and the chances are you will see Dez Bryant rack up somewhere around 100 yards receiving and probably a touchdown or two (he has 61 receptions for 851 yards and eight touchdowns through 11 games this season). You will see him make a spectacular catch, or a clutch catch, or a spectacular clutch catch, and you will most likely marvel at his ability and wish he was on your team.

But you will also see him look around with arms spread and palms up after every pass his way that goes incomplete. You may hear references to a checkered past, the details of which I won’t repeat here. And you may see a sideline implosion, with Dez ranting and raving and seemingly screaming at his teammates (NFL Films audio released the day after an incident this year seemed to indicate that the rant had a much more positive message than the video conveyed). Regardless of the message, the video can’t help but bring back memories of T.O. pacing the sidelines screaming at everyone in sight or of Randy Moss walking off the field in frustration before the final seconds had ticked off the clock.

Completely agree, and not just in the red zone but a big possession guy on 3rd down and especially a second option besides Kelce.

Maybe just maybe that had more to do with the quarterback than the receivers. We shall see.

We have a guy that plays that slot in Hill.

We need quick guys that run routes with hands.

Don't know how he'll progress but Hill doesn't look like he'll work out in the slot with questionable route running. He has great speed which helps on the outside and I think that's where he'll remain. 

Yep. Alex was under 50 percent completions in the red zone where WRs just don't get much separation. Too many undersized speed types and absolutely no WR we can count on to win those 50-50 balls. It's a HUGE priority in my opinion. Dez Bryant however will be 30 next season and hasn't done anything in 3 seasons to warrant a big investment. He's the Andre Rison type you sign too a prove it one year deal.  

Archived