Who's next (other than Tamba, of course)?

Parker has no dead money from what I understand. 

This shows all the players' dead money cap hits:  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/

Hali $1.7m  saves $7.7m

Bailey $2.0m  saves $5.9m

Parker $2.0m  saves $5.0m

Sorenson would cost the Chiefs $1.8m to cut this year.

The savings total for the other 3 is roughly $18.6 after the dead money is figured in.

The worst stretch of the season (buffalo, Giants, Jets) were with LDT and Morse. I believe they returned in week 9 and we went on a 4 games losing streak. Not putting that all on them by any means, just pointing out that they better do more than be healthy.

I think our tackles are slightly above average. Everyone else are below. LDT and Morse are ok when healthy. Neither have blown me away or shown me potential for a Pro Bowl.

Witz and Ehinger seem like they can hold their own at times in pass protection, but very little running the ball. I think they both get pushed around a little and have missed some assignments. Maybe that is just being young and they grow out of it.

Fulton played well at center, I thought. I few miscues on the snap, but blocked well.

Erving can develop into a swing tackle I think. Definitely a project.

I like the idea of a stud LG being added, but that doesn’t get us where we need to be IMO. I need to see that LDT and Morse can stay healthy and show improvement.

I agree with most of this but when healthy Morse has played at a very high level and graded out that way. He’s just rarely been healthy. LDT has shown clear improvement but still has away to go.

Fulton graded our below Morse when both healthy, he’s not under contract and he’s an awful guard. Not seeing his value unless we dump more talented Morse because of injuries.

This shows all the players' dead money cap hits: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/

Hali $1.7m saves $7.7m

Bailey $2.0m saves $5.9m

Parker $2.0m saves $5.0m

Sorenson would cost the Chiefs $1.8m to cut this year.

The savings total for the other 3 is roughly $18.6 after the dead money is figured in.

Does Sorenson anything more than a good backup? That’s my question. Or better said does he do anything well? Love to see a breakdown. We know Parker has 4.4 speed and can cover ground to major ground to make up for his tackling. But perhaps with age he’s lost that. Just seems like we may have a huge need at safety in a scheme which requires 3 diverse guys.

Does Sorenson anything more than a good backup? That’s my question. Or better said does he do anything well? Love to see a breakdown. We know Parker has 4.4 speed and can cover ground to major ground to make up for his tackling. But perhaps with age he’s lost that. Just seems like we may have a huge need at safety in a scheme which requires 3 diverse guys.

It doesn't make sense financially to cut Sorenson this year so he will be back.  Cut Parker and sign a FA or find S in the draft.  They can use Sorenson on special teams or in other packages that don't require him to start and play every down.

That will leave:

Berry

Sorenson

McQuay

Murray

FA/Draft pick:  Ideally, this would be the new starter.

I could've sworn Murray was a S but some depth charts I'm seeing have him listed as CB.

It doesn't make sense financially to cut Sorenson this year so he will be back. Cut Parker and sign a FA or find S in the draft. They can use Sorenson on special teams or in other packages that don't require him to start and play every down.

That will leave:

Berry

Sorenson

McQuay

Murray

FA/Draft pick: Ideally, this would be the new starter.

I could've sworn Murray was a S but some depth charts I'm seeing have him listed as CB.

June 1st cut would be $3.8 million in our pockets with $1 million dead money.

Get rid of him

June 1st cut would be $3.8 million in our pockets with $1 million dead money.

Get rid of him

This is true, but I think each team is only allowed 1-2 cuts per year designated as "post june cuts" before June 1.

They could always wait until June 1 as well.

Sorensen isn't total garbage, he can provide help in a back up role.  He's just not good enough to start.

I would be more inclined to cut D. Harris(200k dead $ hit), $2.0m in savings.  Zombo would save $1m.

Source:  https://overthecap.com/player/daniel-sorensen/3424

Hali, Bailey, and Parker's contract were structured to be very cuttable this year.  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/

I'd love to cut Sorenson, but doubt they will consider it.  

I don't see how the Chiefs can cut 2 safeties in the same offseason without having even worse issues at safety for 2018. Cut 1 of them this season and the other the following season. Chiefs are not going to be able to fill every position in 1 offseason. It's got to be done in stages otherwise you bring in too many new faces that are learning a new defense. I say keep Parker for this year cause he at least played well enough alongside Berry. Take the cap hit on Sorenson. I know that is against clearing for cap room but I think it will be easier to replace Sorenson then Parker. Who knows, Sorenson's replacement could end up being Parkers replacement next year. Just my thoughts anyways.

I don't see how the Chiefs can cut 2 safeties in the same offseason without having even worse issues at safety for 2018. Cut 1 of them this season and the other the following season. Chiefs are not going to be able to fill every position in 1 offseason. It's got to be done in stages otherwise you bring in too many new faces that are learning a new defense. I say keep Parker for this year cause he at least played well enough alongside Berry. Take the cap hit on Sorenson. I know that is against clearing for cap room but I think it will be easier to replace Sorenson then Parker. Who knows, Sorenson's replacement could end up being Parkers replacement next year. Just my thoughts anyways.

PARKER CANNOT TACKLE!!!..it seems this is lost on some folks. He's also old and will cost us nothing to get rid of. Did yall see his efforts trying to stop Henry in the playoff game? Just pathetic. I'd rather go all new and be average for a season than stay the same and see the same old mistakes. Let's partner Berry with a young stud rather then saddle him with someone he has to babysit. 

It doesn't make sense financially to cut Sorenson this year so he will be back.  Cut Parker and sign a FA or find S in the draft.  They can use Sorenson on special teams or in other packages that don't require him to start and play every down.

That will leave:

Berry

Sorenson

McQuay

Murray

FA/Draft pick:  Ideally, this would be the new starter.

I think we replace one safety at a time and agree Sorenson stays while Parker is likely a CAP casualty. Murray is a safety. 

PARKER CANNOT TACKLE!!!..it seems this is lost on some folks. He's also old and will cost us nothing to get rid of. Did yall see his efforts trying to stop Henry in the playoff game? Just pathetic. I'd rather go all new and be average for a season than stay the same and see the same old mistakes. Let's partner Berry with a young stud rather then saddle him with someone he has to babysit. 

I considered Parker the most underrated player on the entire roster until last season despite tackling liabilities. PFF grade reflected that. Did he just hit a wall with this athleticism or did Sutton just use him in out of his skill set with the absence of Berry. We should know this in the next few weeks based on if he's cut or not. I do expect him to be a CAP casualty though. 

I considered Parker the most underrated player on the entire roster until last season despite tackling liabilities. PFF grade reflected that. Did he just hit a wall with this athleticism or did Sutton just use him in out of his skill set with the absence of Berry. We should know this in the next few weeks based on if he's cut or not. I do expect him to be a CAP casualty though. 

Well I consider him to be a CRAP casualty, a casualty for being CRAP!! :D

I think Parker was pretty much the same throughout his Chiefs career. Back when Berry went down with cancer Parker was still missing tackles all over the field but he was better in coverage than he was this year. That being said I always thought he played better at NB than Safety.

With Veach going young and not even entertaining the idea of bringing DJ back, I would be worried if was Parker. I think we can find a better player with the money we saved. After seeing how Veach handled DJ they might be gutting all the older guys and taking Pats first year as a mini reset. I'm ok with it.

With Veach going young and not even entertaining the idea of bringing DJ back, I would be worried if was Parker. I think we can find a better player with the money we saved. After seeing how Veach handled DJ they might be gutting all the older guys and taking Pats first year as a mini reset. I'm ok with it.

kinda almost expected that. & i'm good with that as well

kinda almost expected that. & i'm good with that as well

I can't ever say I'm ok with setbacks no matter how small we think they might be.

KC went from losing the division title in 71 to not smelling the playoffs for 15 years.

Cleveland went from losing a wild card game to not making the playoffs for 15 years.

Philly went from winning a championship to not making the playoffs for the next 17 years.

Even NE went from losing a championship to not making the playoffs for 12 years.

These instances and many more is why I don't like the idea of being ok with setbacks. Even the littlest setback could start multi year slide.

I read the book The War Room about how they built that dynasty and the thing that stood out after they won Super Bowl is that they knew they would never win it again without a ton of changes. This is the type of true self evaluation I think this organization has lacked for decades.

Our old guard group wasn’t good enough and were regressing. Easy thing to do would have been to band aid weak spots and hope for one good run where injuries and other stuff went our way.

But that’s not a real plan and never ultimately worked. There is absolutely risk to what we are doing. But at least we are truly anteimg up to the big boys table for the first time in four decades.

Archived