KC to possibly hold draft

I think KC will get a draft.   Clark has been such a good soldier for the NFL, always willing to play in an International game.   I think he'll get rewarded for it.  I hope it's a year where we are fully loaded with draft picks.  Since KC will never get a Superbowl without a roof, it'll have to be a consolation prize.  

I think so to. Pretty good ownership for the NFL. I am still stinging from the terrible officiating in the playoffs. Giving that guy us as a going away present really sucks.

The tampering penalty for Maclin. I don’t remember anyone getting slapped that bad. And over a mid level WR and had a relationship with the coach that wanted him.

It know we laid an egg, but damn. DJ had a clear sack/forced fumble going the other way for a TD. Another clear turn over over looked. Mariota looked well across the LOS on the batted pass TD. We played like crap and didn’t deserve the win, but any of those 3 called correctly and we are playing Brady.

So how many bogus suspensions must we not appeal, international games we have to play ahead of time, and draft picks that we need to surrender on stupid technicalities that no one else gets in trouble for to earn us hosting the draft? I hope it is less this time because the Super Bowl is a bigger prize.

Goodell is ruining the draft, turning it into a P.R. Event.

I don’t need having fan of the year, former players, or whoever the hell else goodell runs up there announcing the picks slowing down the draft.

I don’t need the what you didn’t know about this player documentaries shown ( im sorry i dont care that this player went to 5 different high schools in 4 years and was barely offered a college scholarship)

I want the analyst telling me pros and cons of the pick, their predictions of if the pick will work out, or who they would have selected instead.

They really need to separate the espn and nfl network broadcast making one for those who like theatrics (former players, fan stuff, stories about players not football related)

And one for nfl draft nerds which announces picks when they are made in real time and gives only football related analysis

I don’t need having fan of the year, former players, or whoever the hell else goodell runs up there announcing the picks slowing down the draft.

I don’t need the what you didn’t know about this player documentaries shown ( im sorry i dont care that this player went to 5 different high schools in 4 years and was barely offered a college scholarship)

I want the analyst telling me pros and cons of the pick, their predictions of if the pick will work out, or who they would have selected instead.

They really need to separate the espn and nfl network broadcast making one for those who like theatrics (former players, fan stuff, stories about players not football related)

And one for nfl draft nerds which announces picks when they are made in real time and gives only football related analysis

Which one makes the most money for the NFL? That's what your gonna get.

I like the draft and even how they have turned it into an event. I hope we get to host it but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree.  The draft is probably my favorite event of the year, although if we ever get to the Superbowl, I might change that.  

It's Become a big moneymaker for the NFL also, so much so that for the 1st time, it's going to be broadcast on Network TV this year, as Fox will pick up the NFL Network Feed(IMO, the best one), as part of their new Thurs Night TV package.  

I agree. The draft is probably my favorite event of the year, although if we ever get to the Superbowl, I might change that.

It's Become a big moneymaker for the NFL also, so much so that for the 1st time, it's going to be broadcast on Network TV this year, as Fox will pick up the NFL Network Feed(IMO, the best one), as part of their new Thurs Night TV package.

It's my favorite too. I also agree Fox does it better. I'm a big Mike Mayock fan. I find mcshay and kiper to be less accurate and less believable. Might just be me. Gonna suck this year because we don't have a 1st but Friday night will be awesome.

Never Happen......nobody wants to visit KC. Not in the top 500 tourist travel destinations.

What a silly comment...

Hipster-friendly. Musically groovy. KC makes best small cities in the U.S list

BY JOYCE SMITH

jsmith@kcstar.com

January 19, 2018 08:48 AM

National Geographic Traveler has named Kansas City as one of “The Best Small Cities in the U.S.”

It partnered with Resonance Consultancy, a global destination branding adviser, to select the top 30 “cities on the rise” based on what it describes as unconventional metrics.

It looked at the number of galleries and art supply stores, how dog friendly the cities were (based on pet sitting services, pet stores and dog friendly restaurants), the number of green spaces, breweries, music venues, the number of bookstores and college degrees for the most literate, Instagrammable moments, the most hipster friendly based on number of coffee shops, tattoo parlors, record shops and vintage stores.

It also looked at social media mentions on culture, restaurant s and nightlife.

When the draft used to be on Tuesday’s my buddy and I skipped school several times to watch it and even had our parents permission. Move to the weekend made sense though. It’s a big broken up sideshow now that’s extremely hard to plan around.

But it’s such a massive ratings hit and cash cow for the NFL that it’s hard to argue with.

Likewise the drafts in Chicago and Philly have both been huge successes and drove a lot of revenue into the local economies. Again hard to argue against.

But I totally understand your point. From a football purist standpoint it’s become more like a circus.

I could be wrong but I don't consider the Draft to be in the same hemisphere as the Super Bowl in respect to people from out of town flying into a city. You will of course get some hardcore fans from other cities that want to go but I would suspect 90-95% of the fans who attend the draft are local. It's not like you have to have a bunch of hotels built or activities planned around a Draft. The NFL knows that KC has a vocal and rabid fan base so I don't see why the city wouldn't get serious consideration. If Chicago can get it, there's not reason KC can't.

Archived