Marcus Peters trade?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i see Peters as a very similar to Dale Carter. We held him together as long as we could and then let him walk before the likely implosion. He signed the biggest CB contract in NFL History in Denver and sure enough he imploded and a year later he was suspended for the entire year. And while that was drug related the immaturity issues were similar as are the talent level. These are probably the best two corners this franchise has had since at least the early 90s.

Point is if we see him as a ticking time bomb emotionally, then he could be traded at some point. And that’s probably was this purely speculative rumor is likeky all about. Just stating the obvious.

We don’t need to make this decision until next year though .

I've learned over the years that when Florio posts something, there is at least something to base it on.   He's not making stuff up out of thin air.  When he posted about the Josh stuff on Super Bowl Sunday, he was ridiculed by the "legit" Football media.   2 days later, it happened,   So I think "something" is there.   Whether it happens who knows, but as Ted Dibiase said, Everybody's got a price.  It would take an awful lot to get Marcus.  I'd want Franchise tag payment, at least 2 1's.  

I've learned over the years that when Florio posts something, there is at least something to base it on. He's not making stuff up out of thin air. When he posted about the Josh stuff on Super Bowl Sunday, he was ridiculed by the "legit" Football media. 2 days later, it happened, So I think "something" is there. Whether it happens who knows, but as Ted Dibiase said, Everybody's got a price. It would take an awful lot to get Marcus. I'd want Franchise tag payment, at least 2 1's.

Yeah I have to agree. Mike is usually well connected on these types of deals. However, listening offers is different than actively seeking offers. Someone might have asked what it would take and that might have led to this but if e is a cancer (which I've not heard) them yeah you try to get what you can. I'm with you though, you can't replace him with one pick. It's gotta be 2 1sts or a1st and a starting caliber player.

I've learned over the years that when Florio posts something, there is at least something to base it on. He's not making stuff up out of thin air. When he posted about the Josh stuff on Super Bowl Sunday, he was ridiculed by the "legit" Football media. 2 days later, it happened, So I think "something" is there. Whether it happens who knows, but as Ted Dibiase said, Everybody's got a price. It would take an awful lot to get Marcus. I'd want Franchise tag payment, at least 2 1's.

My house is always for sale if somone offers me enough. But perhaps Veach did float some rumors out there just to gage what his value might be. And maybe Clark Hunt has been openly apprehensive about paying him which led to Veach floating rumors. That does make sense.

To me I don’t see the value in trading him this year minus something silly in return. He missed that Oakland game and returned to play lights out. He almost saved season by stripping Henry as well. We can give him a year to prove he’s matured and then pay or trade him.

If someone offered a 1st and a 3rd I’d be interested. We could be aggressive in free agency, get back into the 1st round to add an impact player and ice it with depth in the 3rd. Right now we’re about building for 19 and beyond. I have no problem with keeping Peters because of his talent, but I don’t think he’ll be here beyond his rookie contract, so if we can pull a good return I’d be on board.

I think the Amerson signing has more to do with Mitchell and Gaines being free agents than it does the front office putting Peters on the block.../shrug

BUT if Peters must be traded I’d also what a early pick and a player.

Maybe:

Packers get:

Peters

Chiefs get:

Jordy Nelson

Or

Seahawks get:

Peters

Chiefs get:

Sherman

If someone offered a 1st and a 3rd I’d be interested. We could be aggressive in free agency, get back into the 1st round to add an impact player and ice it with depth in the 3rd. Right now we’re about building for 19 and beyond. I have no problem with keeping Peters because of his talent, but I don’t think he’ll be here beyond his rookie contract, so if we can pull a good return I’d be on board.

I feel he won’t wanna resign regardless what we offer. Just seems like a guy that what’s to be a Raider or in as big of a market as he can get.

I feel he won’t wanna resign regardless what we offer. Just seems like a guy that what’s to be a Raider or in as big of a market as he can get.

If the Raiders were staying in Oakland I'd agree, but now that they are Vegas bound his roots to the city aren't in play. But I agree, I think he'd be happier in a bigger market.

I think the Amerson signing has more to do with Mitchell and Gaines being free agents than it does the front office putting Peters on the block.../shrug

BUT if Peters must be traded I’d also what a early pick and a player.

Maybe:

Packers get:

Peters

Chiefs get:

Jordy Nelson

Or

Seahawks get:

Peters

Chiefs get:

Sherman

The last one is more likely and I could live with that.

If the Raiders were staying in Oakland I'd agree, but now that they are Vegas bound his roots to the city aren't in play. But I agree, I think he'd be happier in a bigger market.

I don't think he takes the risk of ending up with a loser franchise. Unless Mahomes turns out to be a bust I think he stays as long as Chiefs want to keep him. 

First, the signing of Amerson is a three-fold move of the Chiefs(IMO).  One, it allows Fuller to excel at Slot CB while transitioning and growing as an outside CB.  Second, we just signed a guy for peanuts on a "prove-it" deal after having two great seasons followed by one poor season.  He's just a one year in KC guy most likely.  Third, not that we are gonna be sad, but Aker, Gaines, and Mitchell are all FA.  And at this point, Amerson on his worse day is still a better option at CB than Murray, Nelson, and Lampkin.  This is a depth move that could produce an outside starter depending on Amerson's health. 

I've learned over the years that when Florio posts something, there is at least something to base it on.   He's not making stuff up out of thin air.  When he posted about the Josh stuff on Super Bowl Sunday, he was ridiculed by the "legit" Football media.   2 days later, it happened,   So I think "something" is there.   Whether it happens who knows, but as Ted Dibiase said, Everybody's got a price.  It would take an awful lot to get Marcus.  I'd want Franchise tag payment, at least 2 1's.  

"You think something is there?" ER all the guy said is "OTHER TEAMS" are wondering If Peters Is available, so what has that got to do with KC? Absolutely nothing. If he'd said that KC were secretly shopping Marcus around then I'd be worried, but that's not what he said. 

First, the signing of Amerson is a three-fold move of the Chiefs(IMO). One, it allows Fuller to excel at Slot CB while transitioning and growing as an outside CB. Second, we just signed a guy for peanuts on a "prove-it" deal after having two great seasons followed by one poor season. He's just a one year in KC guy most likely. Third, not that we are gonna be sad, but Aker, Gaines, and Mitchell are all FA. And at this point, Amerson on his worse day is still a better option at CB than Murray, Nelson, and Lampkin. This is a depth move that could produce an outside starter depending on Amerson's health.

We need a big corner missing since Sean Smith left. Our defense hasn't been the same since. Ironically he’s almost certain to be released as well. That said we need to draft the long term replacement in this draft as well. Also I think you really underrate Nelson. We were clearly a better secondary with him back and healthy and he can actually tackle too.

I would make a trade only if a team is willing to give up enough. I would look at Cleveland who had assets and picks. Remember peters is an all pro corner.

Cleveland gets:

Marcus peters

Allen Bailey

Chiefs get:

Pick number 4 in 1st round

5th round pick

Deshon Kiser to develop for later trade and quality backup

Corey coleman a slot receiver

With that 1st pick I would take Minkah Fitzpatrick to play corner

I would make a trade only if a team is willing to give up enough. I would look at Cleveland who had assets and picks. Remember peters is an all pro corner.

Cleveland gets:

Marcus peters

Allen Bailey

Chiefs get:

5th round pick

I would do this in a heartbeat. Too bad the Browns aren’t this stupid, are they?

Cleveland gets:

Marcus peters

Allen Bailey

Chiefs get:

5th round pick

If you're going to dream why not dream big.????

Cleveland gets:

Marcus peters

Allen Bailey

Chiefs get:

5th round pick

Would yall take that for Kelce too? And what about Hill?

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora "continues to hear" that LCB Marcus Peters "may not be long" for Kansas City.

La Canfora is not the first to mention a potential Peters trade, and he expects that chatter to "intensify" at the NFL Combine. The Chiefs were left in horrible salary-cap condition by fired GM John Dorsey and may not believe they can fit a forthcoming Peters extension onto their books. For 2018, however, Peters is signed for just $1.74 million. Ideally, the Chiefs would keep Peters for at least one more year, and perhaps revisit a trade next offseason.

Read somewhere KC has 85 million in cap space in 2019? So not sure why the press keeps pointing to CAP Hell?

Archived