Marcus Peters trade?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Didn't read the article. Don't need to. First off the Chiefs used a 1st round draft pick on the guy. He's been one of the top CB up to this point in his career. Unless he's being traded for a 1st round pick and some more draft picks, he isn't going anywhere. Secondly, the Chiefs own his ass. He doesn't want to resign with the Chiefs...they franchise tag him when it gets to that point. Once he gets the tag, then and ONLY then do you trade away a top tier CB talent. You don't trade him when he is on a rookie contract. Not when he's performing as one of the best.

1000% this.

Unless it's an absolute Kings ransom there's no way you trade him.

Some of you are acting like Peters is untouchable - he’s not. I’ll trust the judgement of Veach and Reid regardless of what happens, but if we can get a decent 1st rounder for Peters I wouldn’t be pissed.

Makes no sense to trade him just for a decent first rounder. We can get the option next year and tags are available after that. That is a lot of control to give away for just a first rounder to hope and see if ths t pick works out and if we spent it on CB just to replace him, we really will not upgrade if at all, but could down grade a lot.

To quote a great song's first line: 

These things don't get planted by accident.  My own theory, just trying to logic it out, as to why it's suddenly appearing, and gaining steam.   They started negotiations on a long term contract for Peters.   He either is not interested, or they are so far apart, that one side or the other think it's an impossible bridge to overcome, and is putting the trade possibility out there.     

I think the Amerson signing has more to do with Mitchell and Gaines being free agents than it does the front office putting Peters on the block.../shrug

BUT if Peters must be traded I’d also what a early pick and a player.

Maybe:

Packers get:

Peters

Chiefs get:

Jordy Nelson

Or

Seahawks get:

Peters

Chiefs get:

Sherman

Both of those guys may be hitting the street. Hawks tried to trade sherman last year with no takers. Neither one have been the same player they were earlier in their careers.

If this was a player and a pick trade I'd want a much younger player preferably one on a nice contract.

To quote a great song's first line:

These things don't get planted by accident. My own theory, just trying to logic it out, as to why it's suddenly appearing, and gaining steam. They started negotiations on a long term contract for Peters. He either is not interested, or they are so far apart, that one side or the other think it's an impossible bridge to overcome, and is putting the trade possibility out there.

I agree with you. Like politics, when something is leaked in the NFL you can bet it wasn’t by accident. Regardless of the circumstances, it would seem the Chiefs may have leaked this as a “feeler out” type inquiry to see if there are any nibblers. We do know that Veach isn’t afraid to make bold moves if nothing else.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora "continues to hear" that LCB Marcus Peters "may not be long" for Kansas City.

La Canfora is not the first to mention a potential Peters trade, and he expects that chatter to "intensify" at the NFL Combine. The Chiefs were left in horrible salary-cap condition by fired GM John Dorsey and may not believe they can fit a forthcoming Peters extension onto their books. For 2018, however, Peters is signed for just $1.74 million. Ideally, the Chiefs would keep Peters for at least one more year, and perhaps revisit a trade next offseason.

Read somewhere KC has 85 million in cap space in 2019? So not sure why the press keeps pointing to CAP Hell?

Can't think of anyone more wrong than LaConfora on a consistent basis. 

How about this....

Cardinals are retooling and some are saying that Tyrann Mathieu will need to restructure or might get cut.....also Patrick Peterson has stated he doesn’t want to be around for another rebuild.

Cards get:

Peters, young top CB that fits the new HC style

Chiefs get:

Honey Badger, age 25

2018 cost $11M

2019 cost $11M

Can be cut after 2019 without much cap hit

2020 cost $11M

2012 cost $9.5M

Patrick Peterson, age 27

2018 cost $11.25M

2019 cost $11.25M

2020 cost $12.55M

YES that’s over $20M in cap we just took on BUT we have the room so why not?

Your new secondary:

Peterson, Fuller, Amerson

Berry, Mathieu

Can you imagine Berry and Honey Badger as our safeties? Lolololol. WOW

Would yall take that for Kelce too? And what about Hill?

I would probably take that for either guy. A TE or WR is a lot more easy to replace than a solid CB and even the 4th overall is intruding enough for one of them, let alone a decent slot WR prospect. I wouldn't consider it for Peters though, unless he wants out immediately. 

Some of you are acting like Peters is untouchable - he’s not. I’ll trust the judgement of Veach and Reid regardless of what happens, but if we can get a decent 1st rounder for Peters I wouldn’t be pissed.

I would be.  The chances of getting a player as good as Peters is very small. 

It literally makes 0 sense to trade him, so I fully expect the dumbass Chiefs to do it.

I would be.  The chances of getting a player as good as Peters is very small. 

It literally makes 0 sense to trade him, so I fully expect the dumbass Chiefs to do it.

If they are shopping him theres a reason. I still find it unlikely to happen now. But if there is truth to it, there is various reasons. Its not just because they dont think they can resign him.

He may be more of a problem in the locker room than we realize. I certainly hope that if he is moved, they get a haul back. Maybe they could talk Cleveland out of that number 4 pick and draft Minkah with it.

If they are shopping him theres a reason. I still find it unlikely to happen now. But if there is truth to it, there is various reasons. Its not just because they dont think they can resign him.

He may be more of a problem in the locker room than we realize. I certainly hope that if he is moved, they get a haul back. Maybe they could talk Cleveland out of that number 4 pick and draft Minkah with it.

I said it earlier, it would need to be an absolute King's Ransom in return.

Good article. Like I said, whatever happens, I’ll trust the judgement of Reid and Veach. Also, what we don’t know is if Marcus wants out of KC.

You trust Andy Reid now?  I find that hard to believe.

I sure AF don't. 

Veach hasn't had a full off-season to judge him yet.  I have liked some of the moves he's made in season and now.

Everybody is ok with trading away Alex Smith and now M. Peters until we go 5-11 next year.

chiefsp trusting Andy Reid...LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Archived