Marcus Peters trade?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a personal relationship with peters? You seem to be very defensive of him

Nope, I just know that people have agendas against the guy, so are prepared to cut off their nose to spite their face. It's frivolous to me. You don't trade one of the best players in the league for some little "1st rounder"...that's plain stupid. IMO it would have to be a kings ransom to even consider such a move.

Nope, I just know that people have agendas against the guy, so are prepared to cut off their nose to spite their face. It's frivolous to me. You don't trade one of the best players in the league for some little "1st rounder"...that's plain stupid. IMO it would have to be a kings ransom to even consider such a move.

I think most agree. So why attack others for even talk about it

You trust Andy Reid now? I find that hard to believe.

I sure AF don't.

Veach hasn't had a full off-season to judge him yet. I have liked some of the moves he's made in season and now.

Everybody is ok with trading away Alex Smith and now M. Peters until we go 5-11 next year.

chiefsp trusting Andy Reid...LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I trust his front office judgement, not his game management.

If your last name is not Mahomes and you play in KC, you are available for the right price.

Peters is far from untouchable for any number of reasons. 

The guy is a great playmaker and it would take a very early 1st round pick to get him IMO.

w

This story is starting to gather steam. My guess is that what DBG said is correct.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/20/more-talk-emerges-of-a-potential-marcus-peters-trade/

The media is lazy, someone puts out a story that isn't boring and they all jump on it without further investigation.

My brothers wifes cousin works in the airport and said he saw Peters with his agent taking flights to ...

I trust his front office judgement, not his game management.

don't the 2 go hand in hand?

and if not, then what does his FO mgt matter if he can't do anything in the game?  Which he cannot I think we both agree there.

If they are shopping him theres a reason. I still find it unlikely to happen now. But if there is truth to it, there is various reasons. Its not just because they dont think they can resign him.

He may be more of a problem in the locker room than we realize. I certainly hope that if he is moved, they get a haul back. Maybe they could talk Cleveland out of that number 4 pick and draft Minkah with it.

Needs to be more.   You're trading a sure thing for an unknown at the same position.   IF Minkah develops, will he be better than Peters?    As Good?   If yes, all you gained is 3 years of contract flexibility.   But if not, you've lost one of the best playmakers in the NFL for someone not as good.   I'd need more, and the likelihood is Cleve wouldn't give up the #4. 

If Marcus is available, as appears likely, there's a reason, and we probably won't get his worth to us.   If we don't, I'd ride out the next 3 years with him, and all the ups and downs that'll bring, but we do control him for 3 years.   

Needs to be more. You're trading a sure thing for an unknown at the same position. IF Minkah develops, will he be better than Peters? As Good? If yes, all you gained is 3 years of contract flexibility. But if not, you've lost one of the best playmakers in the NFL for someone not as good. I'd need more, and the likelihood is Cleve wouldn't give up the #4.

If Marcus is available, as appears likely, there's a reason, and we probably won't get his worth to us. If we don't, I'd ride out the next 3 years with him, and all the ups and downs that'll bring, but we do control him for 3 years.

What I have been saying and agree with

This article suggests a first round pick in return for Peters would be unlikely.

https://fansided.com/2018/02/20/marcus-peters-chiefs-trade-rumors-news/

The problem with Fuller's rating is it's all in the slot.  His ability to play on the outside as a #1 CB is hardly a sure thing.   If we can't get at least a #1 + for Peters, no reason to consider trading him.  

Pete Sweeney suggest a big reason for the Chiefs shopping Peters is that Hunt doesn't like him sitting or kneeling, or whatever he's doing, during a song.  IF that's ANY part of the reason this is happening, I will lose the remaining little respect I have for Clark Hunt after the Dorsey debacle.    

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/2/20/17029928/why-the-chiefs-could-feasibly-trade-marcus-peters-they-shouldnt

Needs to be more.   You're trading a sure thing for an unknown at the same position.   IF Minkah develops, will he be better than Peters?    As Good?   If yes, all you gained is 3 years of contract flexibility.   But if not, you've lost one of the best playmakers in the NFL for someone not as good.   I'd need more, and the likelihood is Cleve wouldn't give up the #4. 

If Marcus is available, as appears likely, there's a reason, and we probably won't get his worth to us.   If we don't, I'd ride out the next 3 years with him, and all the ups and downs that'll bring, but we do control him for 3 years.   

Why does it appear likely? Has Terez Paylor, Sam Mellinger etc said so? Or are people still taking that speculative, rubbish article on the first page seriously? :D

And he's on his ROOKIE contract.

It makes zero sense to trade him in 2018. It is horrible business decision to invest a 1st round pick and 3 years of development to trade him away for just a 1st rounder, when that guy is one of the top CB's in the league. Purely from a business stand point it makes no sense. Get rid of all the garbage about the protests or his passion for the game. Just look at it from a business stand point and it makes zero sense to trade him in 2018.

UNLESS you are getting a kings ransom.

So realistically what team can afford to give up a kings ransom to get better and younger at CB that already has a QB in place? You ain't trading the kings ransom for a CB if you don't have a QB. In my opinion that is.

Pete Sweeney suggest a big reason for the Chiefs shopping Peters is that Hunt doesn't like him sitting or kneeling, or whatever he's doing, during a song.  IF that's ANY part of the reason this is happening, I will lose the remaining little respect I have for Clark Hunt after the Dorsey debacle.    

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/2/20/17029928/why-the-chiefs-could-feasibly-trade-marcus-peters-they-shouldnt

You keep talking as if this is a fact, why? All it does is give a lazy rumor validation.

And he's on his ROOKIE contract.

It makes zero sense to trade him in 2018. It is horrible business decision to invest a 1st round pick and 3 years of development to trade him away for just a 1st rounder, when that guy is one of the top CB's in the league. Purely from a business stand point it makes no sense. Get rid of all the garbage about the protests or his passion for the game. Just look at it from a business stand point and it makes zero sense to trade him in 2018.

UNLESS you are getting a kings ransom.

So realistically what team can afford to give up a kings ransom to get better and younger at CB that already has a QB in place? You ain't trading the kings ransom for a CB if you don't have a QB. In my opinion that is.

This is for those who want him traded...

Between INT's (19) and forced fumbles (6), Peters has created 25 turnovers (or turnover opportunities) in 3 years. He is the best turnover creator in the NFL, and it's not particularly close.

Just incredible, and if the Chiefs ever trade this man then we should ALL be worried about the future of the franchise imo. That's how stupid a decision it would be.

I won't lose respect for a guy making a decision like that, but I wouldn't like the result. Meaning, I work for a non-profit in an "at will state". I can post something on facebook and if my company does not like what I post, I can be fired because they do not like what I post. If I misrepresent my employer at any time, talk about a topic that they have strong connections to, I can lose my employment at any time. I accept this and I live my life accordingly. I see no reason it should be any different for Peters when he is a face of a franchise making millions-to billions of dollars for profit.

That said, as noted I disagree with letting him go because I think it is poor business and poor for football in KC. I can care less about the politics, the bureaucracy, etc... 

Why does it appear likely? Has Terez Paylor, Sam Mellinger etc said so? Or are people still taking that speculative, rubbish article on the first page seriously? :D

Florio said so.  He's credible, and posts things that are actually out there.  He doesn't make stuff up out of thin air.  More have followed, and when Sweeney, who at least was a true Chiefs insider, picks it up, there's "something" there.  To think there's nothing there is a bit naive, IMO.  

I won't lose respect for a guy making a decision like that, but I wouldn't like the result. Meaning, I work for a non-profit in an "at will state". I can post something on facebook and if my company does not like what I post, I can be fired because they do not like what I post. If I misrepresent my employer at any time, talk about a topic that they have strong connections to, I can lose my employment at any time. I accept this and I live my life accordingly. I see no reason it should be any different for Peters when he is a face of a franchise making millions-to billions of dollars for profit.

That said, as noted I disagree with letting him go because I think it is poor business and poor for football in KC. I can care less about the politics, the bureaucracy, etc... 

I agree.   Peters could come out tomorrow in support of Fascism, or slavery, or the overthrow of our gov't, or whatever else.   Could care less.   As long as he's not violating the law, and subject to suspension, no off the field stuff matters, and it shouldn't matter to the hierarchy of a team trying to win Superbowls.   If it does, then that hierarchy needs to be examined.  

Florio said so.  He's credible, and posts things that are actually out there.  He doesn't make stuff up out of thin air.  More have followed, and when Sweeney, who at least was a true Chiefs insider, picks it up, there's "something" there.  To think there's nothing there is a bit naive, IMO.  

But Florio didn't say the Chiefs are "shopping" Peters, did he? He said OTHER TEAMS are wondering "IF" Peters is available due to us bringing in two Cb's, so your point doesn't make sense. And no, Sweeny is not a KC insider either. 

I disagree.   See Josh McDaniels.  I HOPE it's not true in any form, but it very likely is out there.   

The Mcdaniels story was simmering for ages, and he had a good reason to stay If he has indeed been promised the Pats HC job. What has that got to do with KC and Peters? How do KC benefit from giving away one of the league's best players?

Archived