Marcus Peters trade?

The Mcdaniels story was simmering for ages, and he had a good reason to stay If he has indeed been promised the Pats HC job. What has that got to do with KC and Peters? How do KC benefit from giving away one of the league's best players?

Not true.  McDaniels to the Colts was a done deal for a few weeks.   Then Florio brought up the "chatter" on Superbowl Sunday.   He was ridiculed for it.  He was right.   My point goes to the cred of Florio, and he's earned my respect for those type of things he throws out there.  He doesn't make them up.   If he says there's chatter about a Marcus Peters trade, I believe him.  

KC doesn't benefit IMO, but that's not the point, unfortunately. 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with Fuller's rating is it's all in the slot.  His ability to play on the outside as a #1 CB is hardly a sure thing.   If we can't get at least a #1 + for Peters, no reason to consider trading him.  

Nope.

The Mcdaniels story was simmering for ages, and he had a good reason to stay If he has indeed been promised the Pats HC job. What has that got to do with KC and Peters? How do KC benefit from giving away one of the league's best players?

No it wasn't, it was Super Bowl weekend.  The Pats panicked and met with him one last time to promise him the keys to the castle once the hoodie was done.

Not true.  McDaniels to the Colts was a done deal for a few weeks.   Then Florio brought up the "chatter" on Superbowl Sunday.   He was ridiculed for it.  He was right.   My point goes to the cred of Florio, and he's earned my respect for those type of things he throws out there.  He doesn't make them up.   If he says there's chatter about a Marcus Peters trade, I believe him.  

KC doesn't benefit IMO, but that's not the point, unfortunately. 

But again Florio has NOT said that KC are shopping Peters around, so why do you keep talking like that is a fact?

But again Florio has NOT said that KC are shopping Peters around, so why do you keep talking like that is a fact?

Shopping, not necessarily, available, probably.  Where do you think Florio got the info from?   Do you think he made it up from thin air and just posted it, or do you think he heard something, from somewhere, and posted it?  

sure wished you guys heard Petro and Grunny today.. said this is the perfect time to shop  any interest in Peters..next year his value will go down due to it being his last year of his contract. They suggested Peters with 40+ Mil in Guaranteed $$ is a real crap shoot considering his maturity. A low 2nd round is probably realistic as long as its not in the AFC and last but not least  YOU DONT EMBARRASS THE HUNTS so Clark may have some real reservations  about him and when it all comes down to brass tax. Clark makes the call cuz he's signing the checks.

Shopping, not necessarily, available, probably.  Where do you think Florio got the info from?   Do you think he made it up from thin air and just posted it, or do you think he heard something, from somewhere, and posted it?  

But you can't seem to fathom what the guy said though, so let me tell you what he said. He said "Teams are wondering if Peters is available", so where in that sentence does it suggest that Peters is "likely" to be available? Has he heard that other teams are interested? I don't know. But nothing in his statement said that Peters IS available or that KC are shopping him around. So folks need to stop acting like that's what the guy said.

This is for those who want him traded...

Seth KeysorVerified account @RealMNchiefsfan 17h17 hours ago

More

Between INT's (19) and forced fumbles (6), Peters has created 25 turnovers (or turnover opportunities) in 3 years. He is the best turnover creator in the NFL, and it's not particularly close.

Just incredible, and if the Chiefs ever trade this man then we should ALL be worried about the future of the franchise imo. That's how stupid a decision it would be.

What if Marcus doesn’t want to be with the Chiefs?

Shopping, not necessarily, available, probably. Where do you think Florio got the info from? Do you think he made it up from thin air and just posted it, or do you think he heard something, from somewhere, and posted it?

It was leaked from somewhere. Florio is as connected as anyone who covers the NFL.

sure wished you guys heard Petro and Grunny today.. said this is the perfect time to shop  any interest in Peters..next year his value will go down due to it being his last year of his contract. They suggested Peters with 40+ Mil in Guaranteed $$ is a real crap shoot considering his maturity. A low 2nd round is probably realistic as long as its not in the AFC and last but not least  YOU DONT EMBARRASS THE HUNTS so Clark may have some real reservations  about him and when it all comes down to brass tax. Clark makes the call cuz he's signing the checks.

If they trade him for a late round 2nd round pick for those reasons I'll be furious.

If they trade him for a late round 2nd round pick for those reasons I'll be furious.

If we trade Peters, I think it would show us just how much trouble Marcus Peters character is. I mean, Andy Reid is the guy for handling troubled players. Tyreek Hill, Desean Jackson, TO, Travis Kelce.

If we trade him, it would tell us that Peters is an enormous red flag that is not worth dealing with on any team.

FTR I wouldn’t pay him big money. No way would I seriously invest in him

If we trade Peters, I think it would show us just how much trouble Marcus Peters character is. I mean, Andy Reid is the guy for handling troubled players. Tyreek Hill, Desean Jackson, TO, Travis Kelce.

If we trade him, it would tell us that Peters is an enormous red flag that is not worth dealing with on any team.

What "trouble" has Marcus got into other than the few incidents on game day? He's not been In any trouble off the field and his teammates all back him. Reid had no hesitation bringing him back after the suspension aswell. So I would certainly feel inclined to pay him as long as his performance levels remain consistent.

But you can't seem to fathom what the guy said though, so let me tell you what he said. He said "Teams are wondering if Peters is available", so where in that sentence does it suggest that Peters is "likely" to be available? Has he heard that other teams are interested? I don't know. But nothing in his statement said that Peters IS available or that KC are shopping him around. So folks need to stop acting like that's what the guy said.

I fathom it fine.  And the same can be said for EVERY player in the NFL.   But Florio doesn't write stories about every player, he writes about what he hears.   And he hears "something" is up with Marcus Peters, enough to write about it.  

why?  He's a way safer investment than somebody with Tyreek Hill's background.  Peters has never been in trouble with the law.  He's just a me-guy malcontent but he's only 25.

What 25 year old male with that kind of money wouldn't be?

Marcus Peters has never said anything of the sort that he doesn't want to be with the Chiefs.

Please pass whatever you're smoking my way, it's been a long day...

You are correct, but why would he? The better way to handle it would be for either the Chiefs or Peters to leak something to see where’s there’s potential interest. Then, you go from there depending on the feedback from potential suitors.

why? He's a way safer investment than somebody with Tyreek Hill's background. Peters has never been in trouble with the law. He's just a me-guy malcontent but he's only 25.

What 25 year old male with that kind of money wouldn't be?

Tyreek Hill has not done one thing wrong since being drafted.

Peters has been suspended, yelled at fans, yelled at coaches, been a huge headcase.

Not comparable at all

Archived