Marcus Peters trade?

Marcus Peters has never said anything of the sort that he doesn't want to be with the Chiefs.

Please pass whatever you're smoking my way, it's been a long day...

In public...but none of us work with the guy everyday. Just because he's not put it on twitter doesn't mean maybe he hasn't given off that vibe to coaches and teammates. Not saying he has or hasn't, but not a damn one of us knows what's going on behind the scenes.

No team just decides to consider trading a probowl corner without a damn good reason. This isn't some emotional decision to trade an asset, there's a cost benefit analysis they have completed to get to thus point if true.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'd like to see him say for no other reason then that he was the only one who made any kind of statement against racial discrimination, for  black lives matter and against police brutality. The subject ain't going away so you might as well get ready for more silent protest which should be the right of every American. That said dude can flat out play some ball. Don't hate..

So even the "NFL insiders" have said they've heard nothing? Cheers :D .

That’s disengenous to say. He clearly states he hasn’t heard anything definitive about it, but also mentions he’s heard nothing to debunk it, which makes me seriously wonder even more. If the Chiefs have zero interest in trading Marcus Peters, they can publicly squash the entire thing by stating as much. So far - silence.

That’s disengenous to say. He clearly states he hasn’t heard anything definitive about it, but also mentions he’s heard nothing to debunk it, which makes me seriously wonder even more. If the Chiefs have zero interest in trading Marcus Peters, they can publicly squash the entire thing by stating as much. So far - silence.

It's just the media's way of stirring the pot. IF the Chiefs want to trade the guy why not let their intentions be known like they did with Smith? Why would they need to be silent? 

It's just the media's way of stirring the pot. IF the Chiefs want to trade the guy why not let their intentions be known like they did with Smith? Why would they need to be silent?

I don’t know the answer to that, but keep in mind that there was nothing tying Alex Smith to the Redskins before he was traded to them. Nobody heard a peep before it happened. If this entire thing is nonsense, we should know once the Combine starts, when Andy Reid will surely be interviewed.

Peters might get traded. Chiefs are trying to avoid paying him and get a 1st rounder in return. Not sure I agree. Trust the process.

I hate the value placed on the draft, and draft picks. Always have. There are no guarantees. Id trade picks all day for established players.

Trading peters would be an absolute joke.

I don’t know the answer to that, but keep in mind that there was nothing tying Alex Smith to the Redskins before he was traded to them. Nobody heard a peep before it happened. If this entire thing is nonsense, we should know once the Combine starts, when Andy Reid will surely be interviewed.

Yes but they clearly leaked to the media that they wanted to trade Smith. In fact, didn't it break before the Titans game? So again why would they stay silent IF they want to trade Peters? It doesn't make sense and it's not consistent with how they operated just a month ago. 

I hate the value placed on the draft, and draft picks. Always have. There are no guarantees. Id trade picks all day for established players.

Trading peters would be an absolute joke.

It's would be up there with one of the worst trades in the history of the franchise imo when you consider the quality of the player, his cheap contract for the next two years and us already having issues at cornerback. 

They never publicly said Smith was available.  We all assumed it, rightly.    

You seem hung up on what the Chiefs are saying, or not saying in public.  Teams don't typically make it known in public that someone is available.   But in league circles, it gets known.  And that's what Florio, and others, are hearing, and reporting.  

I don't understand why you are so resistant to the fact that there's "something" out there.  

They never publicly said Smith was available. We all assumed it, rightly.

You seem hung up on what the Chiefs are saying, or not saying in public. Teams don't typically make it known in public that someone is available. But in league circles, it gets known. And that's what Florio, and others, are hearing, and reporting.

I don't understand why you are so resistant to the fact that there's "something" out there.

This.

Two firsts is the only thing that makes sense and no one is going to pull the trigger on that deal. Peters is a superstar in the league and a trade like that would be talked about for years. It won’t happen this year, if it does it would be before next year, the last year of his contract. If I had to guess

They never publicly said Smith was available.  We all assumed it, rightly.    

You seem hung up on what the Chiefs are saying, or not saying in public.  Teams don't typically make it known in public that someone is available.   But in league circles, it gets known.  And that's what Florio, and others, are hearing, and reporting.  

Erm they clearly LEAKED their intention to trade Smith this offseason, hence the news broke the morning of our playoff game. Why haven't they leaked anything about Peters? 

And also you ran from my last post so I'll ask you again. Why can't you fathom Florio's statement? He never said KC are shopping Peters around, therefore your notion that there is "something out there" is absolute BS. 

Two firsts is the only thing that makes sense and no one is going to pull the trigger on that deal. Peters is a superstar in the league and a trade like that would be talked about for years. It won’t happen this year, if it does it would be before next year, the last year of his contract. If I had to guess

His value goes down if you trade him in the last year of his contract. Teams aren’t going to give a haul for a guy that they don’t have assurances that he’ll resign with them , and as such that puts Peters in the drivers seat on any potential deal because it would grant him what amounts to veto power. Multiple remaining years are as valuable as his talent.

Also, I’ve seen some crazy proposals in this thread. A corner isn’t as valuable as a QB, so don’t expect a return exceeding what we got for smith. Ideas like a first and a second have about as much chance of happening as me getting drafted.

Trades aren’t about this year, it’s about next year and years beyond. If the franchise feels that they aren’t committed to peters beyond his current contract or vice versa , then they are more than justified in moving him.

Erm they clearly LEAKED their intention to trade Smith this offseason, hence the news broke the morning of our playoff game. Why haven't they leaked anything about Peters? 

And also you ran from my last post so I'll ask you again. Why can't you fathom Florio's statement? He never said KC are shopping Peters around, therefore your notion that there is "something out there" is absolute BS. 

Maybe they did "leak" something about Peters, just like they "leaked" something about Alex.  And that's what Florio heard and posted.  

Sigh.  I have attempted to answer you multiple times.  I'll try again.  Florio posted something he has heard.   From somewhere.   The Chiefs?   Peters people?   Another team?   I don't know.   But there is something.  

Answer me.  Did Florio make this up out of thin air?   Did he wake up last week and say hey, I think I'll make something up about an NFL player today.   Who should I choose?  How about Marcus Peters?  

There absolutely is "something" out there.  Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  

Maybe they did "leak" something about Peters, just like they "leaked" something about Alex.  And that's what Florio heard and posted.  

Sigh.  I have attempted to answer you multiple times.  I'll try again.  Florio posted something he has heard.   From somewhere.   The Chiefs?   Peters people?   Another team?   I don't know.   But there is something.  

Answer me.  Did Florio make this up out of thin air?   Did he wake up last week and say hey, I think I'll make something up about an NFL player today.   Who should I choose?  How about Marcus Peters?  

There absolutely is "something" out there.  Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  

SIGH, you really don't get it do you? Firstly you're speculating again by saying "maybe", "maybe" doesn't mean FACT. Secondly, you appear to be still struggling with what Florio said, so I'll say it again in bold, big letters. 

"TEAMS ARE WONDERING IF PETERS IS AVAILABLE DUE TO THE CHIEFS BRINGING IN TWO CB'S"

So what on earth is "out there"? Please enlighten me because apparently I'm missing the part where Florio said the Chiefs are shopping Peters around and want to trade him. 

SIGH, you really don't get it do you? Firstly you're speculating again by saying "maybe", "maybe" doesn't mean FACT. Secondly, you appear to be still struggling with what Florio said, so I'll say it again in bold, big letters. 

"TEAMS ARE WONDERING IF PETERS IS AVAILABLE DUE TO THE CHIEFS BRINGING IN TWO CB'S"

So what on earth is "out there"? Please enlighten me because apparently I'm missing the part where Florio said the Chiefs are shopping Peters around and want to trade him. 

SIGH.   Why did he chose Marcus Peters, of the 1500 some odd players on NFL rosters?   I know what he said.  I get it perfectly.  It's you who is in deny, deny, deny mode.   You don't like it, so you cover your ears, pretend it doesn't exist.  

There is "something" out there about Marcus Peters.   Just like there was "something" out there about Josh.  Chatter.   Sometimes chatter pans out, sometimes it doesn't, but chatter exists.  And Florio posts what he hears.  

SIGH.   Why did he chose Marcus Peters, of the 1500 some odd players on NFL rosters?   I know what he said.  I get it perfectly.  It's you who is in deny, deny, deny mode.   You don't like it, so you cover your ears, pretend it doesn't exist.  

There is "something" out there about Marcus Peters.   Just like there was "something" out there about Josh.  Chatter.   Sometimes chatter pans out, sometimes it doesn't, but chatter exists.  And Florio posts what he hears.  

LOL you clearly haven't comprehended what he said though because if you did you wouldn't be running around like a child claiming that the Chiefs are "shopping" Peters around. Secondly, Sam Mellinger today said "there's nothing in the rumors and If anyone would know then it's my boy Terez". So I wonder WHO we should believe? Local reporters or random folks stirring the pot? Hmmm, tough one. 

LOL you clearly haven't comprehended what he said though because if you did you wouldn't be running around like a child claiming that the Chiefs are "shopping" Peters around. Secondly, Sam Mellinger today said "there's nothing in the rumors and If anyone would know then it's my boy Terez". So I wonder WHO we should believe? Local reporters or random folks stirring the pot? Hmmm, tough one. 

Where have I said the Chiefs are "shopping" Marcus Peters around?   Point to the post(s).   If I said it, I'll retract it.  If I didn't say it, maybe you'll stop making things up, and retract your insistence that I said it?  I think I've been pretty consistent in saying there's "something" to this, coming from somewhere.   And that somewhere is other than a fabrication that Florio made up.  That's it.  

The basis of what Terez would post as a story, and what Florio would post as something he's heard, are not the same.  

His value goes down if you trade him in the last year of his contract. Teams aren’t going to give a haul for a guy that they don’t have assurances that he’ll resign with them , and as such that puts Peters in the drivers seat on any potential deal because it would grant him what amounts to veto power. Multiple remaining years are as valuable as his talent.

Also, I’ve seen some crazy proposals in this thread. A corner isn’t as valuable as a QB, so don’t expect a return exceeding what we got for smith. Ideas like a first and a second have about as much chance of happening as me getting drafted.

Trades aren’t about this year, it’s about next year and years beyond. If the franchise feels that they aren’t committed to peters beyond his current contract or vice versa , then they are more than justified in moving him.

Total nonsense. Teams have more cap space than they know what to do with.

That's not the issue at all. The issue is the Chiefs would be selling low if they were to trade Peters now. It'd be completely stupid.

Total nonsense. Teams have more cap space than they know what to do with.

That's not the issue at all. The issue is the Chiefs would be selling low if they were to trade Peters now. It'd be completely stupid.

For many reasons it’s fucking stupid.

Archived