Marcus Peters trade?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree about his value. He is one a rookie contract and is a bonafide stat. He's worth every bit of Clevelands 4th. Most mocks have Fitzpatrick in that area and I'd rather have Peters who is prove and cheaper than Minkah. I'd also want a starting caliber player as well. He is toysll worth that.

I disagree about his value. He is one a rookie contract and is a bonafide stat. He's worth every bit of Clevelands 4th. Most mocks have Fitzpatrick in that area and I'd rather have Peters who is prove and cheaper than Minkah. I'd also want a starting caliber player as well. He is toysll worth that.

You can think that, but John Dorsey would not agree.

If you think you're getting the 4th overall pick and a player, well good luck.

You can think that, but John Dorsey would not agree.

If you think you're getting the 4th overall pick and a player, well good luck.

Precisely why it's extremely doubtful Peters is traded.   He's worth more than that to us, and he's not worth that to any team that would trade for him.   

I guess I should clarify. His value to us is much higher than most any other team.

With that said, is Dorsey all that stupid to trade #4 and say Corey Coleman for Peters? He saves money and gets the best player.

I personally hope we keep him. We have the makings of a dominant secondary.

With that said, is Dorsey all that stupid to trade #4 and say Corey Coleman for Peters?

Yes, he sure would be. They have the #1 overall pick for a reason, and I don't believe Peters would have any interest in doing a longterm deal with a shit franchise, on the opposite side of the country from where he wants to go.

What "trouble" has Marcus got into other than the few incidents on game day? He's not been In any trouble off the field and his teammates all back him. Reid had no hesitation bringing him back after the suspension aswell. So I would certainly feel inclined to pay him as long as his performance levels remain consistent.

My issue with him is he won't tackle!

I'm not in favor of trading him, but if he's out there HE NEEDS TO TACKLE !

My issue with him is he won't tackle!

I'm not in favor of trading him, but if he's out there HE NEEDS TO TACKLE !

I have and always will be critical of players on the defense that can't tackle. However, everyone likes to talk about how great Deion Sanders was but he averaged 35 tackles, 3 ints and .7 pass deflections per year. Peters is averaging 43 tackles, 6 ints and 18 pass deflations per year.

I know, I hate the attitude also but do you really get rid of guy with this kind of talent?

Radio 810 = " No one can get through to him" -Even owner Clark Hunt.

If he really wants out then he wont  sign an extension.  Pointless to hold him?

We don't have full information.   If GM suspects headcase and badchemistry and wont sign with 'loose canon clause' or owner wont sign him longterm then it's off.

Radio 810 = " No one can get through to him" -Even owner Clark Hunt.

If he really wants out then he wont sign an extension. Pointless to hold him?

We don't have full information. If GM suspects headcase and badchemistry and wont sign with 'loose canon clause' or owner wont sign him longterm then it's off.

They said nobody can get through to him today on the radio?

I have and always will be critical of players on the defense that can't tackle. However, everyone likes to talk about how great Deion Sanders was but he averaged 35 tackles, 3 ints and .7 pass deflections per year. Peters is averaging 43 tackles, 6 ints and 18 pass deflations per year.

I know, I hate the attitude also but do you really get rid of guy with this kind of talent?

Raw stats can be very misleading. Sanders was hardly ever thrown at. So his numbers aren't going to be as high. There were games last year teams weren't afraid to throw at peters. That wasn't the case with Sanders. So his stats aren't going to be the same. But Sanders literally took away half the field every game.

Total nonsense. Teams have more cap space than they know what to do with.

That's not the issue at all. The issue is the Chiefs would be selling low if they were to trade Peters now. It'd be completely stupid.

What does cap space have to do with what I said? I didn’t once cite cap space.

I'm a little confused.   Marcus Peters plays with a chip on his shoulder and sometimes that can get out of control and even cost the team on penalties.  However he is an elite defender.  He doesn't get into trouble off the field.   Clark Hunt is worried about him but allowed this team to draft Tyreek Hill?    He's not perfect but good luck trying to replace him talent wise or contract wise.   Whatever good ground we made up trading Alex in those departments would be negated by dealing Marcus.   The only way you deal him is for a top 10 pick and player. 

Y'all laugh but Seth wrote an article about him on arrowheadpride stating his value to us is worth Myles Garrett and their #4 pick.  I actually agree.   There isn't a top 10 player selected this year that anyone can guarantee will ever be better than Peters.   We probably won't get what he's worth but acting like 2 2nds would get him is ridiculous unless our owner goes gutless and gives him away.

This whole topic is insanity. One guy with supposed NFL credentials opines on the possibility of the Chiefs trading Peters simply because we recently acquired two CBs and the whole world turns upside down. Forget that fact that we 1) have what 4 CB free agents? 2) absolutely were horrendous against the pass last year and 3) Peters is still on his rookie contract. 

Forget the kneeling nonsense, forget the penalty nonsense, forget the suspension nonsense. You don't trade a premium player at a premium position during their rookie contract. Shit, let's just trade Hill and Hunt too. Get something for them while they have trade value!! 

Can we stop with this ridiculousness, please???

So 810 says that nobody can get through to him. I personally don't have a high opinion of 810. These are the same people that dogged Willie Wilson, Hal McCrae and Bo Jackson. Kansas City in general has the attitude of shut up and play. Unless you bow your head and say thank you master here in KC you're gonna have problems.  Well everybody doesn't go along with that BS. I'm just telling you what I see. You may not agree but that's what I see. George Brett can say or do anything in this city and it's ok. He doesn't even live here and only comes back to sell an airport bond but we love him. Big money talks and BS walks so I guess I better be walking cause I ain't  buyin it. Cain't afford it. And don't want it. It's just my opinion. Damn I'll be glad when the season starts.

I'm a little confused.   Marcus Peters plays with a chip on his shoulder and sometimes that can get out of control and even cost the team on penalties.  However he is an elite defender.  He doesn't get into trouble off the field.   Clark Hunt is worried about him but allowed this team to draft Tyreek Hill?    He's not perfect but good luck trying to replace him talent wise or contract wise.   Whatever good ground we made up trading Alex in those departments would be negated by dealing Marcus.   The only way you deal him is for a top 10 pick and player. 

Y'all laugh but Seth wrote an article about him on arrowheadpride stating his value to us is worth Myles Garrett and their #4 pick.  I actually agree.   There isn't a top 10 player selected this year that anyone can guarantee will ever be better than Peters.   We probably won't get what he's worth but acting like 2 2nds would get him is ridiculous unless our owner goes gutless and gives him away.

he's not elite ..rated 17th among  CB's if you fall into that PFF ratings thing

So 810 says that nobody can get through to him. I personally don't have a high opinion of 810. These are the same people that dogged Willie Wilson, Hal McCrae and Bo Jackson. Kansas City in general has the attitude of shut up and play. Unless you bow your head and say thank you master here in KC you're gonna have problems.  Well everybody doesn't go along with that BS. I'm just telling you what I see. You may not agree but that's what I see. George Brett can say or do anything in this city and it's ok. He doesn't even live here and only comes back to sell an airport bond but we love him. Big money talks and BS walks so I guess I better be walking cause I ain't  buyin it. Cain't afford it. And don't want it. It's just my opinion. Damn I'll be glad when the season starts.

you are so hung up on race that it turns you into a 1 trick pony.. you may "See" it that way but that dont make it so. Please yes Walk on down the road and take your race baiting somewhere else

Archived