Marcus Peters trade?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think PFF is a tool to judge but when did we start considering PFF the end all be all of ranking players. If he's not elite he's on the brink after year three.

fair enough  I'm not a PFF  person either but just throwing it out there. I agree he could be elite if he could keep his head on straight & then tackle

If you want to debate he's not elite, have at it but he's the best CB we have and it's not even close. He's not the 13th best CB in the league. That is laughable. His stats are worse than some because he plays off the ball more than most top backs. This allows him to play off receivers and drive to the ball to make INTs. He also is the best in the league at stripping the ball. He single-handedly probably won a couple games for us last year. There are probably 3-4 guys in the league with his ball skills. You don't give that up in today's league unless you are forced to financially.

I don't see the logic in weakening an already weak unit. Maybe you trade him in his contract year but I don't see why anyone would be in favor of getting rid of him now. Do I wish he was a better tackler, yes. The fact is, if he is the last guy between the the receiver and the goal line, he (unlike Parker) will bring the guy down every time. He likes to go for the strip when he knows other guys will help with the tackle. I get irritated with it but he's made it work to make some huge plays. 

I think Veach is a football guy and he won't trade Peters unless he is overwhelmed with an offer. I'm talking like a couple of 1sts type offer. Peters plays the second most important position in pro football. We need to keep him while we can, baggage and all.

What if Peters wants an $80+ million deal? Do you do that? Or do you trade him early? He has good ball skills and covers well most of the time, however, he did get beat many times last season and his attitude was suspect, leading to a well deserved suspension. I don’t see him as deserving a top contract when he comes demanding it.

So 810 says that nobody can get through to him. I personally don't have a high opinion of 810. These are the same people that dogged Willie Wilson, Hal McCrae and Bo Jackson. Kansas City in general has the attitude of shut up and play. Unless you bow your head and say thank you master here in KC you're gonna have problems.  Well everybody doesn't go along with that BS. I'm just telling you what I see. You may not agree but that's what I see. George Brett can say or do anything in this city and it's ok. He doesn't even live here and only comes back to sell an airport bond but we love him. Big money talks and BS walks so I guess I better be walking cause I ain't  buyin it. Cain't afford it. And don't want it. It's just my opinion. Damn I'll be glad when the season starts.

Actually George lives in Mission Hills KS

if they seriously want to guage the interest level of trading peters, the Combine will be the perfect place to do it

If you want to debate he's not elite, have at it but he's the best CB we have and it's not even close. He's not the 13th best CB in the league. That is laughable. His stats are worse than some because he plays off the ball more than most top backs. This allows him to play off receivers and drive to the ball to make INTs. He also is the best in the league at stripping the ball. He single-handedly probably won a couple games for us last year. There are probably 3-4 guys in the league with his ball skills. You don't give that up in today's league unless you are forced to financially.

I don't see the logic in weakening an already weak unit. Maybe you trade him in his contract year but I don't see why anyone would be in favor of getting rid of him now. Do I wish he was a better tackler, yes. The fact is, if he is the last guy between the the receiver and the goal line, he (unlike Parker) will bring the guy down every time. He likes to go for the strip when he knows other guys will help with the tackle. I get irritated with it but he's made it work to make some huge plays.

I think Veach is a football guy and he won't trade Peters unless he is overwhelmed with an offer. I'm talking like a couple of 1sts type offer. Peters plays the second most important position in pro football. We need to keep him while we can, baggage and all.

This

What if Peters wants an $80+ million deal? Do you do that? Or do you trade him early? He has good ball skills and covers well most of the time, however, he did get beat many times last season and his attitude was suspect, leading to a well deserved suspension. I don’t see him as deserving a top contract when he comes demanding it.

Play for 2 years then decide if you want to tag him or not.

I think you hit all the points here.

The good thing is he's a rookie so he cannot b*tch about an extension for 2 more years. The ideal time for an extension seems to be at the end of next year and if the sides are way apart we simply trade him for a 1st in 2019 or try for another year with the option of tag.

If he keeps up the elite or close to elite status and we end up paying him 80 million over 6 years after 2019 I don't mind doing that. Top DBs are hot commodities with the pass happy NFL The thing about that offseason is that Chiefs will also have Hill and Ragland as free agents so the cap needs to be managed accordingly over the next two years. 

Peters has an elite skill set but has not consistently played at an elite level. That’s a fact.

That doesn't mean he's not elite. Last year was his worst season but still he was one of the best Cb's In the league. That to me is the very definition of being "elite". And the reality is how many games did he play that he was directly at fault for a TD? He had a rough game against Washington, maybe a little iffy against the Jets, bar those two games where was he bad? 

Is Cooper being shopped? Where do you come up with this stuff?

I've seen info where he might be cut but anything, including this Peters trade stuff is ALL speculation.

Hell, Denver sports talk is speculating guys like Talib, D. Thomas, E. Sanders and D. Wolfe could all be cut.

Football fans are hilarious.  They demand their GM and coaches to find the absolute best players but never want to pay them

Who cares about the money?  The Chiefs are going to be in great cap space going forward.

Football fans are hilarious, they always demand their team to have the best players but never want to pay them to keep them.

I wouldn't be shocked if they end up shopping Amari Cooper.

Top paid QB, highly paid O-Line and a soon to be top paid DE. They will have to sacrifice something.

He had a huge down year and missed a few games due to injury. Will it happen? Nope, it was more of a value from fans type of question

Archived