Marcus Peters trade?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had a huge down year and missed a few games due to injury. Will it happen? Nope, it was more of a value from fans type of question

I could see Cooper being the odd man out in that scenario but they will find a way to make it work. Crabtree became Carr's go to guy but he won't be around for long and someone else has to replace him. 

Football fans are hilarious. They demand their GM and coaches to find the absolute best players but never want to pay them

Who cares about the money? The Chiefs are going to be in great cap space going forward.

Football fans are hilarious, they always demand their team to have the best players but never want to pay them to keep them.

To be fair, we’ve seen the reason why fans are skeptical of massive contracts firsthand with Justin Houston.

To be fair, we’ve seen the reason why fans are skeptical of massive contracts firsthand with Justin Houston.

to be fair he would of come a lot cheaper had Dorsey been more proactive in signing him ..much the same with Berry.

That being said the Skepticism goes much further back than Houston's signing if one has been a fan for any length of time 

to be fair he would of come a lot cheaper had Dorsey been more proactive in signing him ..much the same with Berry.

That being said the Skepticism goes much further back than Houston's signing if one has been a fan for any length of time

No doubt, it definitely goes back a ways. But I’m more so referring to the past 15 years, where 100 mil contracts became common.

I have and always will be critical of players on the defense that can't tackle. However, everyone likes to talk about how great Deion Sanders was but he averaged 35 tackles, 3 ints and .7 pass deflections per year. Peters is averaging 43 tackles, 6 ints and 18 pass deflations per year.

I know, I hate the attitude also but do you really get rid of guy with this kind of talent?

Not saying we need to trade, just saying you can't have "priveledged" players on a team,esp the def side of the ball.

If they do, then they are VERY STUPID then, period. The stats don't lie.

Great response. So now PFF is wrong in their assessment of Marcus Peters but you’re not. Sure. Nobody is arguing that Peters has elite ability - he does, but the fact is that he has NOT consistently played up to his capabilities in his 3 years. His PFF rating is spot on.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/2/21/17037392/marcus-peters-for-eli-apple-is-that-a-deal-the-ny-giants-should-make-nk-cheifs

Have to laugh at this trade idea. Eli freaking Apple for Peters. Guy has 1 freaking turnover in 2 seasons. The exact opposite of what Peters brings to the table on game day. NO thanks.

Call me a one trip pony. I only beat this drum because people in this city try to act like race is not a factor in any of these conversations.about football or about our community. It is and you know it. Playing like it's not there is just as bad as me only talking about it. I did say dude could flat out play. How many people  complained about Marcus Peters and the National Anthem? Now you want to play like nothing happened. I am just putting the white elephant in the room out there. No offense to anyone. Just don't play me.

Great response. So now PFF is wrong in their assessment of Marcus Peters but you’re not. Sure. Nobody is arguing that Peters has elite ability - he does, but the fact is that he has NOT consistently played up to his capabilities in his 3 years. His PFF rating is spot on.

85.7 is a pretty good score, and while it may not have been in the "elite" category I think that has a lot to do with his playing style. He plays off the receiver quite a bit and is going to give up easy yards. That said, when it comes to passes defended on targets, interceptions, forced fumbles, and opposing teams QB rating he is "elite".

I think it comes down to what you view as more important stats. Reality, we're talking semantics here. Semantics of "what does elite mean?"

Guaranteed we all have a slight variation in what that means. Elite to me, means top 3"ish" consistently at your position year in and out. Something that is hard to do. Elite means, making others around you play better. Elite means making game changing plays.  I feel like Peters does not quite capture all 3 of those things. So he is borderline elite but not elite. His stats and style of play to me, means he has the talent to be elite. But will he make others around him better?  This is where elite talent separates himself from others...think of Eric Berry. Consistently one of the top safeties, makes game changing plays, makes the entire team offense and defense better with his presence and the way he approaches football.

85.7 is a pretty good score, and while it may not have been in the "elite" category I think that has a lot to do with his playing style. He plays off the receiver quite a bit and is going to give up easy yards. That said, when it comes to passes defended on targets, interceptions, forced fumbles, and opposing teams QB rating he is "elite".

I think it comes down to what you view as more important stats. Reality, we're talking semantics here. Semantics of "what does elite mean?"

Guaranteed we all have a slight variation in what that means. Elite to me, means top 3"ish" consistently at your position year in and out. Something that is hard to do. Elite means, making others around you play better. Elite means making game changing plays. I feel like Peters does not quite capture all 3 of those things. So he is borderline elite but not elite. His stats and style of play to me, means he has the talent to be elite. But will he make others around him better? This is where elite talent separates himself from others...think of Eric Berry. Consistently one of the top safeties, makes game changing plays, makes the entire team offense and defense better with his presence and the way he approaches football.

I agree

Call me a one trip pony. I only beat this drum because people in this city try to act like race is not a factor in any of these conversations.about football or about our community. It is and you know it. Playing like it's not there is just as bad as me only talking about it. I did say dude could flat out play. How many people complained about Marcus Peters and the National Anthem? Now you want to play like nothing happened. I am just putting the white elephant in the room out there. No offense to anyone. Just don't play me.

Take it to the locker room.

So how many CB's have consistently played up to their elite status over the last three years and have not had any dips in form? 

So how many CB's have consistently played up to their elite status over the last three years and have not had any dips in form? 

he's had dips in form and maturity.. I'd say the latter is the main concern to  the Front Office..just my speculation of course.

When a guy gets suspended by Andy Reid (who I think has only done it twice in his career) for repeated on field issues and this is a guy that's going to command a gigantic contract in the near future; there's always going to be a chance that player could be traded. Or at the very least its going to fuel the rumors. This isn't very hard to figure out. 

To me though why not tell him he needs to prove he has matured if he wants to get paid here. And maybe he doesn't want to be here. I've got no clue. Im sticking with narrative this is Dale Carter 2. (of course Dale was a vicious tackler)  Way too talented to give away and way to early in the process to feel like we have too. IF, IF, he wants to get paid here let him know we will if he can prove he's maturing in 2018. Or maybe Andy is saying no way we can give this guy big money as we will never be able to control his ego.

This kid has been suspended at every level of football he's played at and he's also one of the best corners in football. There's nothing that would surprise me here. 

You running from the question or are you gonna answer it? :D

I’m not running from any question. By the ratings, Xavier Rhodes and Richard Sherman are two corners that have consistently played at a higher level than Marcus Peters. You could also throw guys like Casey Hayward into the mix. Peters has excelled in taking the football away, but has also been beaten badly in coverage.

Archived