Maybe Albert Wilson is a free agent but he's about to be a star

It is Albert Wilson's time. Either with or without the Chiefs this man is about to tear up the league. He started with a non throwing QB then moved on to a short passing control guy. Every year I thought he would be cut but he hung in there and learned every facet of the game. It is now his time. We used to have a WR back in the day who was alright then he went to New Orleans and became a star. I forget his name. You know I'm getting old but I know who I'm talking about. Can anybody help me out. I'm just saying.

No, and it should be much more than enough. He's proven absolutely nothing. 4 mil outside of KC is probably what he's looking at.

I don't disregard what Mahomes and Wilson did in week 17. It was well above and beyond what Alex ever got out of him. However, Hill will be in the position Albert was playing during that game and Wilson is a 3rd-4th man at best.

I like Wilso in the slot. He is shifty and quick. Not a strong guy that can run block and get off of jams, but he is easily in our top 3 WRs. With DAT maybe not returning and Hill not returning KOs, there is a legit double role he could play.

Realistically, I think he gets over paid by someone.

I like Wilso in the slot. He is shifty and quick. Not a strong guy that can run block and get off of jams, but he is easily in our top 3 WRs. With DAT maybe not returning and Hill not returning KOs, there is a legit double role he could play.

Realistically, I think he gets over paid by someone.

Hopefully that happens for comp pick purposes.   With 4 of our recent guys in decision making/influencing roles in the league, Chic, Philly, Indy, and Cleve, I can see that happening for Wilson, and maybe Fulton as well.  I don't think Wilson fits in Philly, but Chic, Clev definitely, and perhaps Indy, where Ballard seemed to pick up some of our guys waived(TE Ross, CB White).   

it will be interesting to see what happens here... it will say something about Greg Lewis; it’s his job to get Conley/Robinson/Chesson ready to play. If they let Albert walk (I bet they do), it will reflect well on the coach, another good hire for Andy Reid.

When you say "about to be" I'm guessing you are referring to a couple more years perhaps. I think Wilson has improved greatly ever since joining KC but still hasn't produced enough to warrant a big paycheck. I would love to retain him for something like 9 million over 3 years or 10 over 4 but I doubt any team is ready to splash some serious money towards his way just yet. It's all a matter of potential vs production and one great game doesn't really get him that status. Some QBs got paid simply for that but I doubt it's the same for WRs.

When you say "about to be" I'm guessing you are referring to a couple more years perhaps. I think Wilson has improved greatly ever since joining KC but still hasn't produced enough to warrant a big paycheck. I would love to retain him for something like 9 million over 3 years or 10 over 4 but I doubt any team is ready to splash some serious money towards his way just yet. It's all a matter of potential vs production and one great game doesn't really get him that status. Some QBs got paid simply for that but I doubt it's the same for WRs.

I just don’t know if I will ever fully trust his hands.

I just don’t know if I will ever fully trust his hands.

Also he had some problems adjusting his speed in deeper throws but didn't get to watch him a lot in those situations this year. He became more of a slot guy and I think a season with Mahomes will be the better indicator.

I don't know the price but he's fine by me too. I hope he stays. He adjusted his speed just fine when he made that over the shoulder catch in the last game. Maybe I feel so strongly about him since that was the first game all season I was actually at the stadium. Tickets given to me and was way up there but what an experience. I say go CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!  p.s. Yeah I'm a homer....

I wouldn't mind re-signing him but lest you forget, he dropped a ton of balls this year. He does show some potential and is a tough kid so his best days may still be in front of him. If he wants starter money somewhere, let him go. He's not worth it and I'd rather Hill got that money at this point.

With Landry getting the tag and Watkins probably getting the tag, Wilson is gonna get paid.

He gone.

Hopefully he gets paid enough for a 3rd or 4th comp pick.  Will be interesting to see how Veach navigates the comp pick game.   We're already down a 4th next year for Ragland, so Comp pick(s) are very important. 

Archived