Duvernay-Tardif wants to put MD on his jersey

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chiefs-ol-petitioning-nfl-to-add-‘md’-to-his-jersey/ar-BBJlRk3?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is proving himself to be a true Renaissance man.

The Kansas City Chiefs right guard, who is currently in PyeongChang covering the Olympics for an outlet in his native Canada, spoke to Aaron Rose of the Kansas City Star in an interview that ran over the weekend. In the interview, Duvernay-Tardif revealed that he plans to become the first NFL player to take the field as a physician next season and wants his jersey to reflect it as such.

“I want to put Duvernay-Tardif M.D. on my jersey,” he was quoted as saying. “I’ve already started a conversation with the league office and they say that anything is possible.”

Rose’s feature also adds that Duvernay-Tardif, who has been with the Chiefs since being drafted by them in 2014, will take his medical exam this coming May after seven years of studying at McGill University’s medical school.

NFL players have certainly petitioned for much stranger name changes before, so kudos to Duvernay-Tardif for actually having an occupational basis to his.

The biggest problem is that he would have to buy back all the Duvernay-Tardif jerseys that have been sold already......$100 is not cheap.

Why? He is not changing his number and in doubt there is a lot of them out there for a lineman if it did affect him having to buy back.

Why? He is not changing his number and in doubt there is a lot of them out there for a lineman if it did affect him having to buy back.

I think that was a sarcasm as he's a lineman and his mother is probably the only one with his jersey and I doubt she paid for it and NFL sure hasn't manufactured LDT jerseys.

Archived