Aaron Colvin - DB - Jaguars

I KNOW WE JUST LANDED FULLER...BUT, now hear me out, make a weakness a strength and keep with your youth movement.  Particularly if you think Fuller will play outside...

Beat writer Hays Carlyon doesn't expect the Jaguars to be able to re-sign impending free agent CB Aaron Colvin.

Outside CBs Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye get all the love in Jacksonville, but Colvin is one of the best slot corners in the game and is/was a big part of the Jaguars' defense. Per Pro Football Focus, Colvin didn't allow a single touchdown in his coverage, and his 0.76 yards per snap in coverage was third-best among all slot corners. Colvin, 26, is one of the top corners set to hit the market.

Source: Gridiron Now
Feb 21 - 2:53 PM

Maybe Amerson goes to safety then?

I wouldn't be opposed to it. He seems to have enough size. I will be greatly disappointed if we trot Parker out there again next season. Not only is his cap number outrageous but his play last year tells me he is done. Unless there was some lingering shoulder injury or something, he showed no willingness to tackle and you HAVE to have safeties who can tackle. I'd actually prefer to put Sorensen out there if needed. At least he is a hard-nosed kid who will stick his helmet in there. He just doesn't have the speed and takes bad angles. Having Berry back will be huge but the Chiefs have to address the Safety position. Too many 6-7 yard runs turned into 20 yard runs because of poor Safety play.

Ranked #47 overall CB, not bad but not on Fullers or Peters level. I also think he will go for a huge contract and I’d much rather just keep Fuller at slot and either roll with Amerson/Peters or get another true outside guy Fullers brother Kyle. Kyle ranked out as a top 20 outside CB.

Peters/K. Fuller on outside with Fuller at slot and Amerson being a rotation guy.

Ranked #47 overall CB, not bad but not on Fullers or Peters level. I also think he will go for a huge contract and I’d much rather just keep Fuller at slot and either roll with Amerson/Peters or get another true outside guy Fullers brother Kyle. Kyle ranked out as a top 20 outside CB.

Peters/K. Fuller on outside with Fuller at slot and Amerson being a rotation guy.

This to me is the dream scenario. Bring In Kyle and we'd have the best CB class In the league, no doubt about it.

Archived