Albert Wilson: "I'm not sure the Chiefs want me back"

He doesn't sound too confident.....

"Kansas City knows what I can do. We've built a good relationship over the years. Not sure if they want me back but I showed what I can do on the field" Chiefs Free Agent WR @iThinkIsee12

Like I said before If he stays then fair enough. But I just think we can get a better quality slot receiver In the draft tbh. Someone who can run better routes, doesn't have problems with catching the ball over his shoulder, can be a deep threat when Tyreek is being double covered etc. I want a slot receiver who is gonna be a genuine fourth weapon for us and make the opposition worried. That's just not the case with Albert. Yes, Mahomes made him look like prime Jerry Rice but I think that was more to do with Pat's abilities than Albert's tbh. Pat is gonna make a LOT of guys look good In his career, That I have no doubts about.

Im torn on him. His production isn't worth a big contract at all. And he's undersized which is what I think we want to start getting away from other than Tyreek. And he's better as an outside WR than a slot guy in my opinion. But he's also only 25, has shown rapport with Pat already and seems like we are better with him than without him. Is that simply because our depth here is that bad? Or will Mahomes make him legit? I can go either way here. 

That's good news(to me) that they haven't negotiated with him, and will let him hit the market.  With Landry, and possibly Watkins and Robinson tagged, Albert could be one the the most desirable WR's available, and get us a nice comp pick if Veach plays his cards right.  

That's good news(to me) that they haven't negotiated with him, and will let him hit the market. With Landry, and possibly Watkins and Robinson tagged, Albert could be one the the most desirable WR's available, and get us a nice comp pick if Veach plays his cards right.

How much do you think a guy averaging 375 yards and 3 TDs will get? Serious question.

How much do you think a guy averaging 375 yards and 3 TDs will get? Serious question.

I think if the top 3 guys are tagged, he could get 3-4 years, 15-20 million in this market.  He's the youngest guy available, and he's ascending.  Teams know he was held back because of who his QB was, and the way he balled out with a WR friendly QB might open some eyes, hopefully.  He also has return ability.  

I think if the top 3 guys are tagged, he could get 3-4 years, 15-20 million in this market. He's the youngest guy available, and he's ascending. Teams know he was held back because of who his QB was, and the way he balled out with a WR friendly QB might open some eyes, hopefully. He also has return ability.

Seth Roberts has similar stats and similar age got 3 for 12 with 4.5 guarantee. Bump everything a little bit for contract inflation. This isn’t big money though. If we won’t pay that we don’t think he will be that hard to replace.

Seth Roberts has similar stats and similar age got 3 for 12 with 4.5 guarantee. Bump everything a little bit for contract inflation. This isn’t big money though. If we won’t pay that we don’t think he will be that hard to replace.

Seth wasn't a Free Agent.  He won't be hard to replace with what's already on the roster, and Mahomes throwing it.  

Seth wasn't a Free Agent. He won't be hard to replace with what's already on the roster, and Mahomes throwing it.

Don't agree, pretty well known it takes at least a year for a receiver to acclimate into Reid system. If he's reasonable, I'd rather keep a guy who knows the system as PM makes the transition. Especially how he was PM go to in the Denver game.

I'd like to see demarcus Robinson move to our slot receiver. He is good at run after the catch and runs very good routes. I think he would be a beast inside.

Then in the draft take Darren Carrington out of Utah or Cedric Wilson out of Boise st in the 4th round to play behind Tyreek.

I like or practice squad guy Gehrig Dieter to also cone play slot

Hill, Carrington/ Wilson

Conley, Chesson

Robinson, Dieter

Not sure what the market is on Wilson but I wouldn't want to break the bank to resign him and IMO he would be a decent keep for a reasonable contract. That being said I wouldn't look to replace him in the draft with possibly the best FA WR class of recent years. Let's sign a proven guy (if not Wilson) and spend the picks on defense with so many aging guys. My ideal offseason is LG, WR, TE in FA and defense in the draft. Obviously if someone falls to us that would be great but wouldn't want to enter the draft with question marks surrounding Mahomes' supporting cast.

Looking at the statement I'm not sure if Veach had any contact with Wilson or his agent though. If interested they would have taken care of the extension by now or at least start active talks.

From Adam Teicher...looks like we do want him back.

Veach indicated the Chiefs would like to re-sign wide receiver Albert Wilson, a potential unrestricted free agent. Wilson isn’t as fast as some of Kansas City’s other wide receivers but has still delivered some big plays.

“He’s a dirty-tough player," Veach said. “He does everything in the slot, on the outside. He can block. He can return if you need him to. He’s a very valuable commodity for us.

“We’d be super-excited to have him back."

MEH I just don't know!  He has gotten better BUT his hands still suck.  Even with a couple good sideline catches he still has rock hands dipped in butter for the most part.

Not sure what it is but he just seems out of place...It's kinda like if all the WRs on a team got hurt and you asked your most athletic CB to play WR.  If that makes sense

MEH I just don't know!  He has gotten better BUT his hands still suck.  Even with a couple good sideline catches he still has rock hands dipped in butter for the most part.

Not sure what it is but he just seems out of place...It's kinda like if all the WRs on a team got hurt and you asked your most athletic CB to play WR.  If that makes sense

:lol:  all our WR seemed like that at one time or another

Troy Brown in the opposite direction. Sounds like Veach sees him like that important utility infielder in baseball who can do it all and produce when he doesn't get more than 300 ABs. So maybe that's where we are at. This is about whether Wilson is going to get legit starting money from someone. 

I hope he’s back. While he’s been far from consistent, I love Wilson’s gritty instincts and propensity to make plays when it counts. I have a feeling either the Bears or Colts offer more than us though.

That makes sense as well. 

Archived