Peters traded to the Rams, hollleeeee sh*t

Gonna throw this out there....

Chiefs targeting a top CB in FA and want to offer them a 5-6 year contract. Knowing that doing so would mean not resigning Peters. They know Peters has issues and have been told that he asked his agent for a trade out, thus saying he won’t resign when time comes. So even trading Peters for pocket change opens the ability to give a Top FA CB a big contract and lock down the positions for longer than the max 3 years we could have left with Peters.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, let's blame this on Dorsey. Dorsey wanted to win, and knew how to win. Evidently, he's the only one in management here that did. No wonder he's gone.

I understand you are a John Dorsey homer and will defend him tooth and nail like a homer, but the facts are clear.

-Dorsey drafted him and said his character was not a problem.

-The Chiefs gave up on him after multiple incidents questioning his character.

-He’s 25 with 2 cheap years left on his contract.

-Dorsey himself did not seriously consider trading for his draft pick despite having a boatload of cash AND draft picks.

-Ballard, Nagy and Ballard were all here when this kid was drafted and NONE of them even inquired about a trade.

-Only 1 team seriously considered trading for this kid.

Those are undeniable facts.

Please tell us why a 25 year old who has played like a HOF with 2 cheap years left only had literally no market?

Yeah I’m sure it is Veach’s fault that Peters had zero market haha

If theres no first rounder involved its pretty much a fleecing. The 2 most prominent names in football media in Rappaport and Schefter are saying that they've heard there isnt. Theres just no way to get behind this if true.

He cant be replaced on the field because his talent is that rare. But at least play the chess game. Hold out for a better offer than 3rd rounders.

We don’t know what value Peters has, because we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.

One thing I will say, if there’s any truth to Reid being forced to choose between Sutton and Peters, then the coach should be chosen ever time. I’m no fan of Sutton, but if you let a player overrule a coach , you’re asking for mutiny. It sets a precedent about authority. Anyone with disagreements about that need look no further than the Patriots. No way would the model franchise of the nfl allow a player to be bigger than a coach, and the chiefs shouldn’t either. Employees don’t pick their supervisors in any walk of life. With a youth movement you can’t allow young guys to be led to believe that they are bigger than the coaches. It’s not hard, just shut up and do your job and collect your six figures a year

If theres no first rounder involved its pretty much a fleecing. The 2 most prominent names in football media in Rappaport and Schefter are saying that they've heard there isnt. Theres just no way to get behind this if true.

He cant be replaced on the field because his talent is that rare. But at least play the chess game. Hold out for a better offer than 3rd rounders.

Maybe he will fail the physical, lol

No, I'm consistent. If Veach gets 2 Number ones Plus, what I thought was his value Before the trade, I'll praise him. Because that was his value to us. Will you pan the trade and the Chiefs under any circumstances?

This is ridiculous, stop it.

Literally less than 5 players have ever been traded for 2 first round picks and more.

The last kind of trade like that I can recall was for Herschel walker and the moronic saints trade for Ricky Williams.

You're expecting a non elite CB to get 2 fists alone is too demanding.

You're talking top 3 qb return for a sub elite cb.

I am very sad that he is leaving. Love his passion and competitiveness. He has numbers that come with the greats.

One question. Which of those greats walk off the field at the very end of a critical game with the other team with the ball inside the 5 threatening to score. I don’t ever remember a player, especially an elite play doing that.

Lots of players kneeled. Name one who did that.

I understand you are a John Dorsey homer and will defend him tooth and nail like a homer, but the facts are clear.

-Dorsey drafted him and said his character was not a problem.

-The Chiefs gave up on him after multiple incidents questioning his character.

-He’s 25 with 2 cheap years left on his contract.

-Dorsey himself did not seriously consider trading for his draft pick despite having a boatload of cash AND draft picks.

-Ballard, Nagy and Ballard were all here when this kid was drafted and NONE of them even inquired about a trade.

-Only 1 team seriously considered trading for this kid.

Those are undeniable facts.

Please tell us why a 25 year old who has played like a HOF with 2 cheap years left only had literally no market?

Yeah I’m sure it is Veach’s fault that Peters had zero market haha

Yeah it actually is.   Pretty simple.  He's worth more to the Chiefs, then what his market is currently, then don't trade him.  

And of course, your Dorsey homer nonsense has been proven false continuously.   But when it's all ya got, it's all ya got.  

Literally less than 5 players have ever been traded for 2 first round picks and more.

The last kind of trade like that I can recall was for Herschel walker and the moronic saints trade for Ricky Williams.

Didn’t you hear? Veach is supposed to get like 10 first rd picks for this guy despite only 1 team being seiously interested.

????

Hard to do with 2 teams interested.

If we got fleeced we would've already heard the return imo

Keyshawn Johnson was traded for 2 #1's.   After his 4th year.   

I am very sad that he is leaving. Love his passion and competitiveness. He has numbers that come with the greats.

One question. Which of those greats walk off the field at the very end of a critical game with the other team with the ball inside the 5 threatening to score. I don’t ever remember a player, especially an elite play doing that.

Lots of players kneeled. Name one who did that.

I called for Marcus's suspension for that stupidity.  He was suspended, and he came back and played the best football of his career after he was properly punished. 

Archived