Peters traded to the Rams, hollleeeee sh*t

If that's the case, we're screwed even more. Because the Rams have us over a barrel, now that we've made it clear we're dumping the player.

No their not.

Even if it fell threw it would let other teams know that they are serious about moving him and according to you he's a HOFer so every team would be knocking at their door.

I have learned throughout the years nothing in the NFL is a done deal until the ink is dry.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's the case, we're screwed even more. Because the Rams have us over a barrel, now that we've made it clear we're dumping the player.

We got a 3rd rounder and very good starting caliber CB for a QB you believe is a bum.

The Chiefs aren't just going to lay down and give Peters away.

If they were fleeced we would know by now because of less negotiating.

This really makes me think about my Chiefs fandom after 34 years.

I'm disgusted with my team tonight, utterly disgusted. The ignorant fools no doubt love this deal, but Chiefs fans who want this damn team to win the big trophy know we've lost a potentially great player tonight, over trivial sh/t. And that's what hurts the most. 

Mellingers article is having it both ways.

I'm pretty sure he was writing scathing articles about Peters this season when he played poorly until the suspension.

It's fair to knock Peters when he was playing poorly, being a knucklehead, and compliment him when he's playing well, being one of the best CB's in the NFL, and be against trading him, unless you are bowled over.   

Personally don't care if you walk away or not. Don't you think you ought to hear the deal before making any decision?

Didn’t say I was walking away...but thanks for your input.

It just makes sense that we are always “almost” good enough with moves like this.

I think Lunacy is giving up a great young player, with 3 more years of cheap, team control, for far less than he's worth to your team.

Peters acted like an idiot at times, no doubt, and he's been punished for it, and responded well to that punishment. I'll gladly accept that for his great play on the field.

3 more years on the cheap is not true. He is now eligible for a new contract and Terez’s article stated that he wants $18 million a year.

Terez Paylor said on his podcast that Peters probably wants to get paid now and that he would hold out through training camp.

No their not.

Even if it fell threw it would let other teams know that they are serious about moving him and according to you he's a HOFer so every team would be knocking at their door.

I have learned throughout the years nothing in the NFL is a done deal until the ink is dry.

Other teams knew he was available ever since Florio wrote it, likely before.  So rescinding the trade today(I Hope) would do nothing to increase his trade value.   

3 more years on the cheap is not true. He is now eligible for a new contract and Terez’s article stated that he wants $18 million a year.

Terez Paylor said on his podcast that Peters probably wants to get paid now and that he would hold out through training camp.

Through training camp being the key. He’d play.

What he wants is irrelevant.  If he wanted to continue being an NFL player, he's locked into his contract in 2018, the 2019 option amount, and the franchise tag in 2020 for the Chiefs.  If Veach is gonna blink and dump every player for way below his worth, due to high contract demands years down the road, this team is doomed to be the laughingstock stock of the league, even with Mahomes.  Too often one step forward, 2 steps back with this team.  

What he wants is irrelevant. If he wanted to continue being an NFL player, he's locked into his contract in 2018, the 2019 option amount, and the franchise tag in 2020 for the Chiefs. If Veach is gonna blink and dump every player for way below his worth, due to high contract demands years down the road, this team is doomed to be the laughingstock stock of the league, even with Mahomes. Too often one step forward, 2 steps back with this team.

Andy Reid and Clark Hunt made this decision per Ian Rapoport.

We got a 3rd rounder and very good starting caliber CB for a QB you believe is a bum.

The Chiefs aren't just going to lay down and give Peters away.

If they were fleeced we would know by now because of less negotiating.

We'll see.  If my best case scenario with no 1sts, of a 3rd and 4th this year, 2nd and 3rd next year, came to pass(or worse), would you agree we were fleeced.  

What he wants is irrelevant. If he wanted to continue being an NFL player, he's locked into his contract in 2018, the 2019 option amount, and the franchise tag in 2020 for the Chiefs. If Veach is gonna blink and dump every player for way below his worth, due to high contract demands years down the road, this team is doomed to be the laughingstock stock of the league, even with Mahomes. Too often one step forward, 2 steps back with this team.

Great idea. Then watch him holdout and cause a huge mess because the Chiefs aren’t reqarding him for being an asshole by giving him a new $18 million/yr contract which will force to trade him anyway

Who cares?   We had him for cheap for 3 years.   

Dude Clark Hunt didn't want the guy on his team. Reid felt like he couldn't reach the kid and Reid took Vick shortly after a prison release, so that's saying something. They left the rest up to Veach to get the best return. Period. 

We all know there is no way we are going to get better on the field because of it. But it's very possible that our locker room chemistry also improves. They will go hard after  good corner in FA, and we will move forward and still be a good team.

You can't publicly embarass your boss like this, and then show that you really don't understand the problem afterward and keep many jobs that way. We may be fleeced as far as a return, but the Chiefs wanted this guy gone.

Keep telling yourself that. If he wanted a new contract like I have heard, he could have sat out. What the Chiefs had was his contract and NOBODY has to play under their contract.

Good, let him sit out.  Call his bluff.   That's what a competent management team does.   

"Dablueguy" post:

We'll see. If my best case scenario with no 1sts, of a 3rd and 4th this year, 2nd and 3rd next year, came to pass(or worse), would you agree we were fleeced?

dksww reply:

I just don't think we can expect that much for a sub elite CB with a bad attitude. I think he's a great player but PFF had him 17th so we can't homer it and think he's the best CB in the league.

You're still quoting and expecting top qb returns.

My guess is the Chiefs want a player and picks and that's why it's taking so long.

Dude Clark Hunt didn't want the guy on his team. Reid felt like he couldn't reach the kid and Reid took Vick shortly after a prison release, so that's saying something. They left the rest up to Veach to get the best return. Period. 

We all know there is no way we are going to get better on the field because of it. But it's very possible that our locker room chemistry also improves. They will go hard after  good corner in FA, and we will move forward and still be a good team.

You can't publicly embarass your boss like this, and then show that you really don't understand the problem afterward and keep many jobs that way. 

He expressed remorse, and played the best Football of his career after the suspension, so how did he not really understand the problem?   

I doubt the PLAYERS in the locker room, who by most accounts liked Peters, think things improve getting rid of a great player for peanuts.  Initial reports are the opposite.  

Good, let him sit out.  Call his bluff.   That's what a competent management team does.

I agree....let him sit out the next 2 years of football and get a shit contract from another team after sitting out of football for two years.

End of the day regardless if a player wants to be on a certain team that player has to play well for future contracts because NFL does not have large guaranteed contracts like MLB and NBA.

Archived