Peters traded to the Rams, hollleeeee sh*t

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it actually is. Pretty simple. He's worth more to the Chiefs, then what his market is currently, then don't trade him.

And of course, your Dorsey homer nonsense has been proven false continuously. But when it's all ya got, it's all ya got.

He’s clearly not. This isn’t a “Chiefs problem”. If it was, several teams would be banging on the door to get a young HOF player.

Instead there was only 1 team that wanted him.

Peters on field presence is HOF caliber so it’s not that. Hmmm character flags when he was drafted. Serious character flags all year. Chiefs gave up on him and 30 other teams passed.

It’s clearly his character flags that teams don’t like. “If it looks like a Duck, smells like a Duck, walks like a Duck and swims like a Duck...”

But nah it’s all Veach’s fault that nobody wants a cheap, young HOF corner. Those guys must be available all the time!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/967190508908015616/video/1

Here’s Ian Rapoport saying ANDY REID AND CLARK HUNT decides not to pay him and that he was a locker room concern aka character concern.

Andy and Clark made the decision. Veach is the one tasked to get any value from this lunatic that only one team wanted to take on.

Here’s Ian Rapoport saying ANDY REID AND CLARK HUNT decides not to pay him and that he was a locker room concern aka character concern.

Andy and Clark made the decision. Veach is the one tasked to get any value from this lunatic that only one team wanted to take on.

Paylors Twitter feed says chiefs players are grumbling. Throwing talent away..

I’m flip flopping now and thinking the longer it takes the better our picks are, figure if we got fleeced LA would be excited to leak it to the press

I'm thinking the opposite.   Ram fans are pretty much universally for this, and won't care much about the compensation, unless it's super excessive.  I think they are doing the Chiefs a solid and sparing them further embarrassment.   

He didn't have to be paid for 3 years.   

Why are you calling him a lunatic? What has he done that makes him deserve such a tag? 

Why are you calling him a lunatic? What has he done that makes him deserve such a tag? 

I think Lunacy is giving up a great young player, with 3 more years of cheap, team control, for far less than he's worth to your team.

Peters acted like an idiot at times, no doubt, and he's been punished for it, and responded well to that punishment.  I'll gladly accept that for his great play on the field.  

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article201780734.html
KC Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters on Friday spoke publicly for the first time since his suspension for leaving the field after tossing an official's flag into the stands during a game against the New York Jets. David Eulittdeulitt@kcstar.com

Remember this interview?  I say he has character issues and really won't miss him and his antics.  Should KC be well compensated....absolutely.

I get that. I would not have traded him, but how can you rely on him in a clutch situation as a coach. Plus the intensional missed tackles when the guy is a superb tackler?

I think he bounces back from a bad season and plays well. But we are obligated to see both sides. The comparison to him and Kelce is fair. But Kelce never walked off the field to the locker room when we were on the one with no time left and needing a touchdown to win. I don’t remember anyone ever doing that.

You are going for a youth movement managing 52 other players mostly young players. That can’t just be accepted. Yes he was punished. Yes he played a hell of a game after that. Yes he is a hell of a comer. Yes we are a weaker team without him.

I’m flip flopping now and thinking the longer it takes the better our picks are, figure if we got fleeced LA would be excited to leak it to the press

I agree. I'm thinking now there's a player and picks involved.

This must've been a scenario where they agree to trade Peters to the Rams but no compensation had been degermined

I get that. I would not have traded him, but how can you rely on him in a clutch situation as a coach. Plus the intensional missed tackles when the guy is a superb tackler?

I think he bounces back from a bad season and plays well. But we are obligated to see both sides. The comparison to him and Kelce is fair. But Kelce never walked off the field to the locker room when we were on the one with no time left and needing a touchdown to win. I don’t remember anyone ever doing that.

You are going for a youth movement managing 52 other players mostly young players. That can’t just be accepted. Yes he was punished. Yes he played a hell of a game after that. Yes he is a hell of a comer. Yes we are a weaker team without him.

The big difference to me is that I don’t recall Kelce having to be restrained while screaming at a coach on national tv during a game.

He's a great player...

Just think the chiefs believed he wants to get paid as soon as possible..he wasnt wanting to play out his rookie deal and be franchised for a year or 2..the nail in the coffin he wanted tp play in Californian so send him know while his value is high...still sucks though.

IF the rumors are true about no 1st rounder, and 4 picks, the absolute best we could do is 3rd and 4th this year, 2nd and 3rd next year.   That would be an absolute  fleecing by the Rams.

Could be no 1st THIS YEAR.

3rd + 4th this year, 1st + 2nd next year lol

IF the rumors are true about no 1st rounder, and 4 picks, the absolute best we could do is 3rd and 4th this year, 2nd and 3rd next year. That would be an absolute fleecing by the Rams.

Not if there’s locker room problems. There are times where there is a such thing as addition by subtraction. Now I can’t say for certain if that’s the case here , but the apparent lack of suitors can’t be ignored. Market value of any commodity is based on what the market is willing to pay, not what the seller thinks it’s worth.

Archived