Veach/Reid aren’t messing around

Trading Peters sends a strong message to the players of what the Chiefs are trying to build. No player is above the team, and if you consistently act out, as we saw with Peters of late, there’s no room for you on this team. The Patriots and Bill Belichick have employed the same mindset for the past 15 years. This is a team game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Clark Hunt and Davis Glass got together and decided that they wanted to decrease attendance and merch sales by getting rid of all their most marketable players....and oh yeah WINNING...

Having both your cities primary sports teams decide to go into rebuilding mode at the same time freaking blows...

Only two teams had any interest which is shocking to me. And the Browns had zero. That says something in itself. 

We don't know that for sure.  But it's largely irrelevant, since we didn't have to trade Peters  It says that Peters should not have been traded for a package way below the value to the Chiefs of Marcus Peters.  Lets say Peters threatened to retire unless traded.  Who cares, call his bluff.   He had Zero leverage.  

We don't know that for sure. But it's largely irrelevant, since we didn't have to trade Peters It says that Peters should not have been traded for a package way below the value to the Chiefs of Marcus Peters. Lets say Peters threatened to retire unless traded. Who cares, call his bluff. He had Zero leverage.

And what happens if the Chiefs had extended him to a huge deal and his behavior got worse?

And what happens if the Chiefs had extended him to a huge deal and his behavior got worse?

They had him for the next 4 years.  2 at massively below market value.   That would have been long term enough.  You NEED to get bowled over by an offer to give up that control.  A #23 and maybe a mid rounder doesn't qualify.  

We don't know that for sure. But it's largely irrelevant, since we didn't have to trade Peters It says that Peters should not have been traded for a package way below the value to the Chiefs of Marcus Peters. Lets say Peters threatened to retire unless traded. Who cares, call his bluff. He had Zero leverage.

We know as much about interest in Peters as you know there wasn't.

No, he had him this year. In the I want society he would have caused troubles next year looking for a new contract, just look at his past. Then the Chiefs wouldn't have gotten shit for him. Get rid if him when you can if the price is right.

That's the key.  If we have the Rams #1 this year and next year PLUS, then the price was right.  I'm sure we'll know more soon, but his worth to the Chiefs was EXTREMELY high, whether he wanted out or not.   He had no leverage.  

The tag is no longer limited to 2 year I believe, correct?

This part I don’t understand.

2018 for 1.7

2019 (optional year) but for how much?

Realistically it is, because the increase in the 3rd tag year is too much, ala Kirk Cousins.  We could have realistically controlled Peters for 4 years, 2 at massively below market rate, one at market rate, one above it if his play still warranted it.  

Archived