Veach/Reid aren’t messing around

These kind of moves is why we won't sniff a Super Bowl any time soon, unless it's a 1st, 3rd, 5th this year, and 2nd nxt yr it ain't worth it you don't trade your best defensive player for a bag of peanuts SMDH!!

A corner that never leaves the left side, doesn't tackle, leads the team in penalties, gets suspended by the team and argues with coaches and fans is our best defensive player? No wonder our defense sucks so bad.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then 2 years on the tag.   

Wait you are seriously suggesting we put any player on a 15-16 million dollar franchise tag designation for TWO years? That's pure craziness!! And that doesn't even consider the player we are talking about it here. Peters would have been a nightmare in that scenario. Nope this came down to whether we wanted to pay him or not. We had til May to decide whether to pay him 9 million dollar option in 2019.

Fact we didn't want to do that says a lot about where they think Peters head is at.  Fact Dorsey had zero interest and he knows this kid as well as we do, should tell everyone a lot. 

Wait you are seriously suggesting we put any player on a 15-16 million dollar franchise tag designation for TWO years? That's pure craziness!! And that doesn't even consider the player we are talking about it here. Peters would have been a nightmare in that scenario. Nope this came down to whether we wanted to pay him or not. Those were the only two options. Tagging a guy twice is just stupid. Fact Dorsey had zero interest and he knows this kid as well as we do, should tell you a lot!

Are you SURE Dorsey had no interest?   You might need another line of defense to shift into full on Chiefs Defending, no matter what, mode.    

The 25-year-old will cost $3.05 million towards the salary cap this coming season, which is less than a fifth of Johnson's cap hit last year. The Rams would then have until May 3 to pick up Peters' fifth-year option for 2019, which projects to roughly $9 million.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22556460/los-angeles-rams-agree-trade-kansas-city-chiefs-cornerback-marcus-peters

Ian Rappaport says he was.   Not that it really matters in this scenario.  

We wouldn't have gotten the 1st or 4th pick overall for Peters.

If the Chiefs were really in this to stick it to Peters they would've traded him to Cleveland for peanuts.

Who cares? It means that Peters wasn’t buying into what Andy Reid was telling the locker room, and was perhaps more of a cancer than we know. Kinda significant.

19 Ints says he was buying in whether they were buddy buddy or not.  Players play for themselves, and their money.  If they get along with the Coach, great, if not, no big deal.  

Are you SURE Dorsey had no interest?   You might need another line of defense to shift into full on Chiefs Defending, no matter what, mode.    

Terez A. PaylorVerified account @TerezPaylor
FollowingFollowing @TerezPaylor
More

The Chiefs have spent the last three weeks on this deal, and only the Rams and 49ers were interested, a source tells me. Multiple sources also tell me the Browns were NOT interested

More

The Chiefs have spent the last three weeks on this deal, and only the Rams and 49ers were interested, a source tells me. Multiple sources also tell me the Browns were NOT interested

Among the teams interested in trading for #Chiefs CB Marcus Peters were the #Browns and #49ers. This also means #Rams CB Trumaine Johnson is moving on.

Among the teams interested in trading for #Chiefs CB Marcus Peters were the #Browns and #49ers. This also means #Rams CB Trumaine Johnson is moving on.

More

:lol:

19 Ints says he was buying in whether they were buddy buddy or not.  Players play for themselves, and their money.  If they get along with the Coach, great, if not, no big deal.  

Do you really not understand that a player who routinely yells at coaches on the sideline, throw penalty flags into the stands, punts footballs into the stands, throws tantrums in front of the officials and walks off on his teammates during a game could become a major problem for the chemistry of a football team? Seriously in Andy Reid's almost two decades he's only had to suspend two players. And now neither was on his team the next season.

If he believed a player is ticking time bomb to a fragile very young locker room, then it was time to move on and let him be someone else's problem. Dale Carter 2.  This is what happened here. While those that don't like Peters are happy, I'm not. They did what they felt like that had to do and I totally get and respect that. I personally would have waited one more year and paid him the 9.5 million next season. But they clearly didn't agree and just wanted to wash their hands of it now.

This is almost certainly one of those deals where Veach is told to get a deal done, just like I'm sure Andy told Dorsey when he traded for Mahomes or Alex Smith. We overpaid in both of those scenarios but more importantly we got our guy. Not much different here. 

Do you really not understand that a player who routinely yells at coaches on the sideline, throw penalty flags into the stands, punts footballs into the stands, throws tantrums in front of the officials and walks off on his teammates during a game could become a major problem for the chemistry of a football team? Seriously in Andy Reid's almost two decades he's only had to suspend two players. And now neither was on his team the next season.

If he believed a player is ticking time bomb to a fragile very young locker room, then it was time to move on and let him be someone else's problem. Dale Carter 2.  This is what happened here. While those that don't like Peters are happy, I'm not. They did what they felt like that had to do and I totally get and respect that. I personally would have waited one more year and paid him the 9.5 million next season. But they clearly didn't agree and just wanted to wash their hands of it now.

This is almost certainly one of those deals where Veach is told to get a deal done, just like I'm sure Andy told Dorsey when he traded for Mahomes or Alex Smith. We overpaid in both of those scenarios but more importantly we got our guy. Not much different here. 

I understand perfectly.  DEFEND, DEFEND, DEFEND.   And then DEFEND some more.   

Fair enough Dablueguy. I posted a very reliable source and you did as well. So right now who knows except we do know the Rams clearly offered more IF the Browns did offer anything.

I understand perfectly.  DEFEND, DEFEND, DEFEND.   And then DEFEND some more.   

Yep. Below is what I wrote at 2 PM YESTERDAY. No apologies necessary. I just understand the way these deals with troubled players can work....

When a guy gets suspended by Andy Reid (who I think has only done it twice in his career) for repeated on field issues and this is a guy that's going to command a gigantic contract in the near future; there's always going to be a chance that player could be traded. Or at the very least its going to fuel the rumors. This isn't very hard to figure out. 

To me though why not tell him he needs to prove he has matured if he wants to get paid here. And maybe he doesn't want to be here. I've got no clue. Im sticking with narrative this is Dale Carter 2. (of course Dale was a vicious tackler)  Way too talented to give away and way to early in the process to feel like we have too. IF, IF, he wants to get paid here let him know we will if he can prove he's maturing in 2018. Or maybe Andy is saying no way we can give this guy big money as we will never be able to control his ego.

This kid has been suspended at every level of football he's played at and he's also one of the best corners in football. There's nothing that would surprise me here. 

Fair enough Dablueguy. I posted a very reliable source and you did as well. So right now who knows except we do know the Rams clearly offered more IF the Browns did offer anything.

No doubt the Rams offered more.   But I STRONGLY suspect it was far less than Peters worth to the Chiefs.   Would love to be wrong.  

Archived