Veach/Reid aren’t messing around

Do you really not understand that a player who routinely yells at coaches on the sideline, throw penalty flags into the stands, punts footballs into the stands, throws tantrums in front of the officials and walks off on his teammates during a game could become a major problem for the chemistry of a football team? Seriously in Andy Reid's almost two decades he's only had to suspend two players. And now neither was on his team the next season.

If he believed a player is ticking time bomb to a fragile very young locker room, then it was time to move on and let him be someone else's problem. Dale Carter 2.  This is what happened here. While those that don't like Peters are happy, I'm not. They did what they felt like that had to do and I totally get and respect that. I personally would have waited one more year and paid him the 9.5 million next season. But they clearly didn't agree and just wanted to wash their hands of it now.

This is almost certainly one of those deals where Veach is told to get a deal done, just like I'm sure Andy told Dorsey when he traded for Mahomes or Alex Smith. We overpaid in both of those scenarios but more importantly we got our guy. Not much different here. 

So Veach is just a puppet?   

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXACTLY what we should be fearing, Andy Reid with total control.  

Andy's last draft in Philly was pretty damn good but I completely agree with you in this regard. Not because he isn't good at many different things, but because its too much for any one person that doesn't have a HOF QB.

My hope if Veach's power is a lot like Dorsey's in that Andy doesn't micromanage every thing he does. But there are certain times where Andy is going to want a player and task the GM to go make it happen. We can all agree this happened with both QBs we traded for or up to get.

Clearly Veach was smart enough to shrewdly go get Fuller, before he traded Peters as likely he was told too weeks ago. This didn't give us appearance of being desperate. Looks like he wanted Robert Quinn in the trade from Rams as well. If I'm any team and know the Chiefs want to move on from a player and know there's little interest elsewhere, Veach had his hands full getting much compensation. 

Andy's last draft in Philly was pretty damn good but I completely agree with you in this regard. Not because he isn't good at many different things, but because its too much for any one person that doesn't have a HOF QB.

My hope if Veach's power is a lot like Dorsey's in that Andy doesn't micromanage every thing he does. But there are certain times where Andy is going to want a player and task the GM to go make it happen. We can all agree this happened with both QBs we traded for or up to get.

Clearly Veach was smart enough to shrewdly go get Fuller, before he traded Peters as likely he was told too weeks ago. This didn't give us appearance of being desperate. Looks like he wanted Robert Quinn in the trade from Rams as well. If I'm any team and know the Chiefs want to move on from a player and know there's little interest elsewhere, Veach had his hands full getting much compensation. 

There was no NEED to move on from Marcus, unless we were bowled over.  We had all the leverage.    

There was no NEED to move on from Marcus, unless we were bowled over.  We had all the leverage.

Do you really think Veach doesn’t understand peters value? They’re not going to get a big haul in return IMO. this was addition by subtraction, at least as leadership saw it.

Still pretty shocked about the whole thing!

I still want to know why Peters activities are the worse thing ever, but when Kelce does it, it’s not viewed the same. We’ve seen Kelce get after coaches on the sideline. We’ve seen him openly criticize the coaching in the media(at least peters didn’t do that), we’ve seen him yell at refs repeatedly and get flagged for it, and while he never threw a flag into the stands, he treated his towel like a flag and threw it at a ref. Someone mentioned the punting of the ball into the stands, but that was in celebration, not anger, so I’m not going to hold that against him. Kelce is the only one of the two that was actually kicked out of a game. Peters also never acted like he jerked off in front of a ref(I still laugh, but it’s still a talking point here). Can someone please explain to me why Kelces actions are tolerated and rewarded with a 2nd contract while Peters is shipped off? I also want to remind everyone that Kelce was one of, if not the only Player that openly supported Peters in the media with the whole anthem thing.

Many this board may not like it, but it sure feels like if Peters was white we wouldn’t be going through this right now, both with management and with the fans. We are Midwest and while we don’t even realize it, there’s still a race factor here. I can only image how Peters feels about it, watching every fan turn against him while Kelce continues to be a fan favorite.

I still want to know why Peters activities are the worse thing ever, but when Kelce does it, it’s not viewed the same. We’ve seen Kelce get after coaches on the sideline. We’ve seen him openly criticize the coaching in the media(at least peters didn’t do that), we’ve seen him yell at refs repeatedly and get flagged for it, and while he never threw a flag into the stands, he treated his towel like a flag and threw it at a ref. Someone mentioned the punting of the ball into the stands, but that was in celebration, not anger, so I’m not going to hold that against him. Kelce is the only one of the two that was actually kicked out of a game. Peters also never acted like he jerked off in front of a ref(I still laugh, but it’s still a talking point here). Can someone please explain to me why Kelces actions are tolerated and rewarded with a 2nd contract while Peters is shipped off? I also want to remind everyone that Kelce was one of, if not the only Player that openly supported Peters in the media with the whole anthem thing.

Many this board may not like it, but it sure feels like if Peters was white we wouldn’t be going through this right now, both with management and with the fans. We are Midwest and while we don’t even realize it, there’s still a race factor here. I can only image how Peters feels about it, watching every fan turn against him while Kelce continues to be a fan favorite.

1. Kelce never left his teammates on the field and went into the locker room during the game.

2. Kelce never left his teammates to hang out with his buddy on the road after a DIVISIONAL GAME.

3. Kelce was never suspended by one of the only coaches that gives players numerous chances no matter what their background and history has been.

4. Kelce, as far as we know, has never had to be talked to directly from the Owner of the team for his actions and then blew him off.

5. Kelce, as far as we know, has never had almost every coach within his chain of command per se try to get him to cool his antics with him blowing all of them off.

Do I need to go on? This has nothing to do with what your suggesting, it has everything to do with Peters not wanting to be in KC and KC not wanting to deal with him. His big buddy Lynch showed him, all you have to do is basically do your own thing and eventually you will get what you want. Lynch retired and only came back when it was clear Seattle would basically give him away to Oakland.

Blaming race is lazy. I don’t recall Kelce openly fighting with coaches. I don’t recall Kelce fighting with fans. I also don’t recall Kelce asking to be traded (if the reports of Peters asking to be are true). We also don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. To accuse the owner, coach and gm of racism is intellectually lazy as well as dishonest. There’s more than enough history within this franchise as well as Reid’s long coaching history to quash the idea that this was race fueled, at least to an objective mind. The race card is played every time something happens that someone disagrees with, but that doesn’t make it true.

1. Kelce never left his teammates on the field and went into the locker room during the game.

2. Kelce never left his teammates to hang out with his buddy on the road after a DIVISIONAL GAME.

3. Kelce was never suspended by one of the only coaches that gives players numerous chances no matter what their background and history has been.

4. Kelce, as far as we know, has never had to be talked to directly from the Owner of the team for his actions and then blew him off.

5. Kelce, as far as we know, has never had almost every coach within his chain of command per se try to get him to cool his antics with him blowing all of them off.

Do I need to go on? This has nothing to do with what your suggesting, it has everything to do with Peters not wanting to be in KC and KC not wanting to deal with him. His big buddy Lynch showed him, all you have to do is basically do your own thing and eventually you will get what you want. Lynch retired and only came back when it was clear Seattle would basically give him away to Oakland.

1. It was explained that Peters thought he was ejected, THATS why he left, unlike Kelce, who was ACTUALLY ejected from a game

2. How do you know this? The only reason it was captured was because it was on public transportation. I would wager him and his brother have hung out after one of the two games they have played against each other...and don’t bring up family vs friends...as peters and lunch are family as well

3. He wasn’t suspended by Andy, he was suspended by Hunt, and maybe Kelce WOULD have been suspended had he not actually been kicked out of a game.

4. Again, you don’t know if he has or not...all speculation

5. We don’t go a week in the NFL without video of players and coaches arguing. You may have this ONE point over Peters, but again, Kelce openly throws coaches under the bus to the media, which is at least in the same ballpark

For the record, I’m a white guy. I’m not making this about race due to my own experiences. I’m making it about race because that’s what I feel like I’m seeing. Aaron Randall has a tweet that really resonated with me;

“Peters was KCs first look at a particular brand of unfettered blackness. We’re used to the well spoken (Priest), Humble (E Berry), big smiling (LoCain) brothers. But Marcus was raw and abrasive and outspoken. He shook this cities whiteness to its core, and we couldn’t handle it”.

It's more of a trade factor than race. If Kelce was up for a trade we would be focusing on those things about him. When any player leaves, the problems about them get more of a focus and by human nature we try to ignore some of those (or not see them as much of a distraction) when the guy is in town.

Archived