Have we just given up on the SB for next season?

This. There’s a very real possibility we don’t even make the playoffs this year. 18 is about building for 19. A cornerback isn’t the difference between super bowl or not for this team.

Mahomes isn’t going to be a step down imo. And you let the best defender leave.. and you don’t know how Berry will come back. This is the worst thing KC has done in my lifetime. Next to grbac over Gannon.

Mahomes isn’t going to be a step down imo. And you let the best defender leave.. and you don’t know how Berry will come back. This is the worst thing KC has done in my lifetime. Next to grbac over Gannon.

He will be a step down. He's played one game in the NFL. He will make mistakes and lose games do to his inexperience. 2019 is more like it.

He’s a step up in talent, step down in experience. I’m as high on Mahomes as anyone , but I don’t expect a smooth first campaign. There’s a lot of work to be done with this roster , moving away from older players. 7 wins next year would be no less surprising than 12 wins.

Peter's talent is irreplaceable but his antics on and off the field are. Guy didn't want to be in KC. Let him go back to the West Coast. Not worth paying for the most expensive corner in a year if he has no desire to be here.

With all this mayhem going on, what are the odds on us fielding a top ten defense next season? And should expectations be lowered now? With a rookie QB, a lack of pash rush and a secondary that has just been weakened, can we really expect to challenge next season? 

Rams should be the favorites. Chiefs punted.

Peter's talent is irreplaceable but his antics on and off the field are. Guy didn't want to be in KC. Let him go back to the West Coast. Not worth paying for the most expensive corner in a year if he has no desire to be here.

We had two years. They could have worked it out. You don’t just give up the guy who leads nfl in takeaways. You could have got these picks in 2 years right? Roster is good! Berry coming back. Fuller added.

That’s my take

We had two years. They could have worked it out. You don’t just give up the guy who leads nfl in takeaways. You could have got these picks in 2 years right? Roster is good! Berry coming back. Fuller added.

That’s my take

I agree with you completely. I'm trying yo comprehend why the deal was made by the KC front office . That's my take anyways there's no way to replace him. He's HOF level man. Maybe one of the best ball hawks to ever play IMO.

It changes nothing...until Andy Reid stops calling plays, this team is setup to just lose early in the post season anyway. Could also argue that Sutton needs to go too before anything can happen but I’ll give him a year to fail with a healthy defense where his master plan was to get rid of Marcus Peters so Justin Houston could be his starting CB and be in coverage FULL TIME!

Yeah...I’m a bit bitter right now..but in all seriousness, I don’t see our teams performance changing a whole lot and we will probably look about the same...but I was dead serious about it not mattering until the playcaller is changed...

Archived