Have we just given up on the SB for next season?

It changes nothing...until Andy Reid stops calling plays, this team is setup to just lose early in the post season anyway. Could also argue that Sutton needs to go too before anything can happen but I’ll give him a year to fail with a healthy defense where his master plan was to get rid of Marcus Peters so Justin Houston could be his starting CB and be in coverage FULL TIME!

Yeah...I’m a bit bitter right now..but in all seriousness, I don’t see our teams performance changing a whole lot and we will probably look about the same...but I was dead serious about it not mattering until the playcaller is changed...

Agreed.....But be careful. This opinion could lead to a nasty gram from the all powerful.. 

It changes nothing...until Andy Reid stops calling plays, this team is setup to just lose early in the post season anyway. Could also argue that Sutton needs to go too before anything can happen but I’ll give him a year to fail with a healthy defense where his master plan was to get rid of Marcus Peters so Justin Houston could be his starting CB and be in coverage FULL TIME!

Yeah...I’m a bit bitter right now..but in all seriousness, I don’t see our teams performance changing a whole lot and we will probably look about the same...but I was dead serious about it not mattering until the playcaller is changed...

Matt Nagy called plays for the Chiefs in the playoffs. It’s more about QB than playcslling. Breakdown clearly showed that.

Agreed.....But be careful. This opinion could lead to a nasty gram from the all powerful..

Nobody gets suspended for their opinion, only for execution of said opinion and violating TOS. Have all the opinions you want just don't be a nuisance. We're not your nanny.

If Peters said he was not going to stay in KC long term then KC should be shopping him for value.

All of a sudden, Veach is a dumb ass and Reid is a personnel dipshit?

Why not just sit back and enjoy the off season until you know the facts?

Peters was a great shutdown corner that hated to tackle and loved to strip the ball.

let's see what they got for him and then freak out.

w

Was Peters an all around top notch player for the Chiefs? I’m just asking cause if you aren’t tackling C.J. Anderson when you are in a position to keep him from picking up a first down in a playoff game at Arrowhead next year or something I’d say he’s not and is more interested in protecting himself. Or when he gets pissed off and yells at the coaches or costs the team a win in New York by abandoning the team and walking off the field. Those are not things that makes a team want to make him one of the highest paid players in the nfl.

Was Peters an all around top notch player for the Chiefs? I’m just asking cause if you aren’t tackling C.J. Anderson when you are in a position to keep him from picking up a first down in a playoff game at Arrowhead next year or something I’d say he’s not and is more interested in protecting himself. Or when he gets pissed off and yells at the coaches or costs the team a win in New York by abandoning the team and walking off the field. Those are not things that makes a team want to make him one of the highest paid players in the nfl.

Peters became an instant start and has only been in the NFL for 3 years. he plays around the elite level but like most youngsters he had some downs, but IMO there were only a few. There's still room to grow for him and with good coaching any team would want to make him one of the highest paid players in 2 years. 

Peters became an instant start and has only been in the NFL for 3 years. he plays around the elite level but like most youngsters he had some downs, but IMO there were only a few. There's still room to grow for him and with good coaching any team would want to make him one of the highest paid players in 2 years. 

Exactly

If that was true, wouldn't there have been a better trade market (assuming you trust it was only 2-4 teams)?

If that was true, wouldn't there have been a better trade market (assuming you trust it was only 2-4 teams)?

I think the approach dictates the market and not sure how Veach is in that area. Some franchises know how to get the most compensation out of a trade while others not so much. So far Veach has been good in trading away picks for players as we seem to be getting good players with delayed and low cost picks. Smith wasn't really an indicator of how good he does as they didn't simply want to send him to the highest bidder, so the Peters deal will show us where Veach stands currently.

I think the approach dictates the market and not sure how Veach is in that area. Some franchises know how to get the most compensation out of a trade while others not so much. So far Veach has been good in trading away picks for players as we seem to be getting good players with delayed and low cost picks. Smith wasn't really an indicator of how good he does as they didn't simply want to send him to the highest bidder, so the Peters deal will show us where Veach stands currently.

Not sure I follow your reasoning here. Every situation is different, but I would guess the same philosophies guided both trades. I'm pretty sure the fact that he was out of division and conference was a factor. Compensation of course. Frankly it's a good place for Marcus. I'd bet it's rare that a trade comes down only to highest bidder.

Either Veach knows what he's doing it he doesn't, you can't have it both ways. There is no "equal" compensation for mp22. Only the best we could get.

Archived