Marcus Peters trade thread

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me just add that ANY race baiting will result in a suspension from this board. This IS your warning.

Discuss the trade aspects only. The political side of it, if people believe it exists, can be discussed in the Locker Room.

You should pin this comment to the top of the board...there are a few individuals who really need to see this

Mellanger roasted Hunt & Reid in the Star today...but acknowledged that he did not have a clue as to what the compensation would be for KC.

ESPN had no new updates....LA Times sports had a pretty basic article...other than Peters was "relatively cheap".

w

I don't think we're going to like It, so they're holding off on reporting it until the heat dies down. We're going to get absolutely d*cked over on this. Veach started 1-0 v the Skins. Bout to go 1-1. Somebody mentioned a 3rd this year and a 3rd next. Just gut feeling, but hat sounds about right. Figured you'd get more for a future hall of famer in his prime. Again, all speculation, but expect the worst so you can be surprised to the upside if something better comes in...

I don't think we're going to like It, so they're holding off on reporting it until the heat dies down. We're going to get absolutely d*cked over on this. Veach started 1-0 v the Skins. Bout to go 1-1. Somebody mentioned a 3rd this year and a 3rd next. Just gut feeling, but hat sounds about right. Figured you'd get more for a future hall of famer in his prime. Again, all speculation, but expect the worst so you can be surprised to the upside if something better comes in...

Not sure I agree on not liking it.

Did Peters skills outweigh the negativity? If the answer is yes then nothing short of HOF QB compensation will make people happy. If no then just having hom gone is almost compensation enough.

Yeah there is no reason to hind comp unless they are still negotiating or we got bent over. If all we got was 2 3rd round picks then they are going to have far more issues than us fans. The players in the locker room and the race issues that are bound to be raised (warranted or unwarranted).

Yeah, Mellanger kept going back to "I really don't know the compensation....BUT.."

The lid on this is tight.  No one in Los Angeles is talking either.

Pretty hard to keep the lid on this effectively in this day and age.

w

I am not following the "race issues" thing but I agree about the LR being potentially unhappy.

Good Players want to win a SB, it is their driving force right after "getting paid".

Those are perfectly legitimate priorities in my mind.

w

If the compensation has not been announced then the 2 teams haven't came to an agreement on it.  It's not that hard to figure out people.   Quit claiming we got fleeced without knowing the terms.

All that happened yesterday is that the Chiefs agreed to trade Peters to the Rams.

Negotiations have been going on since.

If the terms were known, they would be released, JUST LIKE THE ALEX SMITH TRADE.

If the compensation has not been announced then the 2 teams haven't came to an agreement on it. It's not that hard to figure out people. Quit claiming we got fleeced without knowing the terms.

All that happened yesterday is that the Chiefs agreed to trade Peters to the Rams.

Negotiations have been going on since.

If the terms were known, they would be released, JUST LIKE THE ALEX SMITH TRADE.

I think this is taking so long bc the Chiefs acquired a player and are working on an extension for said player before an announcement is made.

How ‘bout a little food for thought. What if there turns out to be a player involved after all (ie. OLB, CB, etc..) and in order to warrant the deal there must be some informal “new contract’” agreements with said player. Sometime negotiations take months, to squeeze them into hours can get kinda tense. All the while, the self entitled, talking heads, know it all, tantrum throwing, **** baiting, arrogant little pricks (AND prick-ets) speculate to the death about the value of the completely unknown compensation, and reasons why this is even happening to begin with. Hmmmm?

Oh yeah, and my self entitled opinion is not as near-sighted as the masses. I look forward to the eventual (and maybe hard earned) wins that happen dispite the great loss of the MIGHTY, CERTAIN, Hall of famer, Marcus Peters.

Today we are a better overall “TEAM”, then we are a laundry list of Uber-skilled players.

Now let’s just be hopeful about the fairness in compensation for both teams involved in the trade, and cautiously optimistic we can make something of the picks and/or players acquired.

You know, chicken shit/salad,........and stuff, and things

I think this is taking so long bc the Chiefs acquired a player and are working on an extension for said player before an announcement is made.

Initial reports are we wanted Quinn and a high draft pick.  Quinn is 27 and is a $10m+ cap hit the next 2 seasons and only has those 2 on his current deal.

His sack #'s have been sub par the past 3-4 years but he could still be of a big help to KC.  Because of that, the Chiefs are requesting a high draft pick as well.

The Rams don't see Quinn as untouchable.  Moving him would save the LAR 7 million

My guess is KC is still pushing for Quinn and the negotiations are on the picks involved that come with it and if they won't move Quinn, KC is asking for a lot more picks in return.

Initial reports are we wanted Quinn and a high draft pick.  Quinn is 27 and is a $10m+ cap hit the next 2 seasons and only has those 2 on his current deal.

His sack #'s have been sub par the past 3-4 years but he could still be of a big help to KC.  Because of that, the Chiefs are requesting a high draft pick as well.

The Rams don't see Quinn as untouchable.  Moving him would save the LAR 7 million

My guess is KC is still pushing for Quinn and the negotiations are on the picks involved that come with it and if they won't move Quinn, KC is asking for a lot more picks in return.

No terms of a trade 24 hrs asfter it breaks. You ever seen anything like that?

No terms of a trade 24 hrs asfter it breaks. You ever seen anything like that?

Nope.  Very interesting.  But all that's happened is that the Chiefs and Rams agreed to move Peters to L.A.

Terms still being negotiated is my guess.

I'll tell you what I'm sick of already is Chiefs' fans on Twitter and everywhere else pissed off about the trade WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING WHAT THE COMPENSATION IS!!!

It’s because 99% of us know it isn’t going to be enough. All politics and that other stuff aside, you have a young, top 3 CB that a team can have on the cheap for the next 3 seasons. If Marcus Peters could somehow be inserted into this year’s draft there is no doubt he’d be a top 3-5 player. We all know that to trade into the top 5 for a team like the rams who are at 23, they would be giving up multiple 1st rounders and probably at least a 2nd or 3rd rounder if not more. Every indication is that the Chiefs aren’t going to get anywhere near that.

I’m not saying this is fair, but I’ve been asked for the last week or two what I would ask for to trade MP if I was a GM. Personally, from a team like the rams that will most likely be picking in the 20s this year and next I’d be asking for 2018 1st/3rd and 2019 1st/2nd. I don’t care about the value chart. I see it as trading a young, cheap(for the next 3 years) player that for all purposes(barring health) will be in Canton one day. A team doesn’t get many of those. The Chiefs barely get one a decade. You don’t trade a once in a decade player that hasn’t even hit his prime yet for peanuts, and the fear is that with every passing hour that’s exactly what is going to happen...

How ‘bout a little food for thought. What if there turns out to be a player involved after all (ie. OLB, CB, etc..) and in order to warrant the deal there must be some informal “new contract’” agreements with said player. Sometime negotiations take months, to squeeze them into hours can get kinda tense. All the while, the self entitled, talking heads, know it all, tantrum throwing, **** baiting, arrogant little pricks (AND prick-ets) speculate to the death about the value of the completely unknown compensation, and reasons why this is even happening to begin with. Hmmmm?

Oh yeah, and my self entitled opinion is not as near-sighted as the masses. I look forward to the eventual (and maybe hard earned) wins that happen dispite the great loss of the MIGHTY, CERTAIN, Hall of famer, Marcus Peters.

Today we are a better overall “TEAM”, then we are a laundry list of Uber-skilled players.

Now let’s just be hopeful about the fairness in compensation for both teams involved in the trade, and cautiously optimistic we can make something of the picks and/or players acquired.

You know, chicken shit/salad,........and stuff, and things

We aren’t allowed to be glass half full remember

Archived