Marcus Peters trade thread

I was expecting them to get what similar trades, for similar players, got.   Add the Jared Allen trade of 2008 in your research, and Jared was far more "riskier" than Marcus, for a team acquiring him, and did have to be contractually satisfied immediately, unlike Marcus, so Marcus should be worth more.  And I was pissed at the time for the draft compensation we got for Jared.

This is a good trade example but I disagree, an elite pass rusher is worth more than an elite CB

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good trade example but I disagree, an elite pass rusher is worth more than an elite CB

I agree, but Jared was one strike from a year's suspension, so there was some risk to a team trading for him, which lessens the value of the player.  As far as we know, Marcus is not in the NFL substance abuse program.  

Who cares if it pisses a player off? Marcus already plays with a chip. He'd just have a bigger one, which is great. If they're interested in maximizing their NFL career, at worst, they bluster, holdout, report at the last possible minute, and play their asses off. To make more money next year. Our own recent examples prove this in Houston and Berry.

Dorsey butchered both the Houston and Berry deals. Not only did we over pay both, we also POed both big time. So much Clark Hunt has to step in and convince Berry to stay. You just proved my point for me. We need to be done with the days of having to tag our best players and not paying them until value is at its absolute highest.

As such if we weren’t going to pay Peters, next offseason minus any more on field shenanigans he’s akways involved in, we could have sold trade as financial decision rather than character. Teams know Andy’s a players coach and that suspension and Peters reputation clearly scared off nearly everyone.

They both have great value.

The problem trying to couple the two situations is KC didn't sell low with Jared Allen. He had just came off a career best when KC traded him, while Peters is coming off a career low.

It's not really comparable as the NFL is a pure what have you done for me lately league.

Dorsey butchered both the Houston and Berry deals. Not only did we over pay both, we also POed both big time. So much Clark Hunt has to step in and convince Berry to stay. You just proved my point for me. We need to be done with the days of having to tag our best players and not paying them until value is at its absolute highest.

Actually, Dorsey was against signing Berry to that big contract.  I disagreed with him, but that's besides the point.   Clark stepped in and insisted he sign him, so blaming Dorsey for that contract is disingenuous at best.   

Speculation is it's not close to that. All just hot wind at this point. We know no facts other than rams and chiefs have agreed to a trade in principal. Motivations, compensation and all the rest is 'who knows?' so far. People are letting their imaginations run wild which always happens when there are no facts.

My hair dressers sister-in-laws cousin from another mother said she saw Quinn at the MCI asking for a great realtor. They als heard him asking if Donald has arrived yet.

An article I read a year or so ago on NFL.com, ranked which positions were the most valuable to a team. Remember this is not my list but that of an exscout and NFL insider.

Of course QB was number 1 but here was the rest of the list.

2) Designated pass rusher 1 (RDE/ROLB)

3) Left tackle

4) Left cornerback

5) Wide receiver 1

6) Defensive tackle

7) Running back

8) Designated pass rusher 2 (LDE/LOLB)

9) Middle linebacker

10) Tight end

11) Free safety

12) Weak-side linebacker

13) Right tackle

14) Right cornerback

So according to this, no matter how good someone thinks he is, he plays the 4th most important position on the field. My point, Peters is not a QB, Pass Rusher or LT and does not deserve more compensation then thos in these positions.

In regards to Hershel or Meshawn just because a team made a stupid deal for them does not mean they set the standard.

Other sites don't split up CBs but they pretty much agree, CBs aren't in the top 3 and shouldn't be compensated as the top 3.

Hmm, Rams are asking no leaks for fear of a better deal. Why wouldn't the Chiefs let it slip so they could get a better deal. That twat or what ever it's called doesn't make since.

Hmm, Rams are asking no leaks for fear of a better deal. Why wouldn't the Chiefs let it slip so they could get a better deal. That twat or what ever it's called doesn't make since.

Because less than 3 teams were interested and even that's arguable depending on who you believe.

Its also the same reason nobody has backed out of the Alex Smith trade.

If the Rams don't want it out there and only two teams wanted the guy then you don't burn the 1 bridge you do have

Chiefs could just shop the deal if there was anyone else interested. Makes zero sense.

No sense whatsoever. It's like saying deals are still being tossed around for Alex...

LA is either nervous to admit what they have given up in trade or they are trying to sign Peters to an extension prior to releasing compensation. It could also be KC trying to work out new deal/extension if a player is involved. Otherwise I believe compensation has been agreed to.

Makes no sense, even if kept secret a team can make an offer that may be better so this is moot. Plus, if I'm the chiefs why would you not leak it and possibly drive up a better offer, screw the rams. Additionally it just made it stupid to do the deal now instead of waiting until draft day.

Archived