Marcus Peters trade thread

Good point, but perhaps the Rams threatened to back out if we did.

Who loses? If one believes the team will tank without Peters than it's a blessing in disguise. If one believes he is a cancer then if he screws up hit him in his pocketbook. He's already said he wants out so who cares if you bench his ass this year. Either way this deal won't kill the Chiefs and can only helptrade goes through, package picks move up in the draft or pick up an additional couple of players get rid of a headache to the organization. He stays ypu play him or bench him whatever you want to do at a cheap price this year.

Prefer trade now and get something then let him walk later.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only way a 3rd rounder this yr is ok is if they give us a 1 next year, or a 2 and 3. Something along those lines. Otherwise I really hope there is a player involved. It could be Quinn. It could be Watkins or Johnson on a sign and trade.

Really hard to tell what the deal is. Veach doesnt appear to be the type to get fleeced though. So hopefully given the fact that the deal cant be finalized for over 2 weeks he leans on them and gets max return.

Not sure why anyone's worried.   If the Rams don't want it leaked then the Chiefs must be happy about the comp otherwise it gets leaked.   The Rams can't force other teams to not inquire.  I mean for all those saying we are only getting a 3rd, I would be furious if I was a fan of another team and didn't at least inquire about what it would take.   

I'm not saying we are getting a haul but I don't think we are getting screwed, unless Clark Hunt has forced Veach's hand and making him take whatever the Rams offered.    No way this doesn't get leaked.   That is 3 weeks away lol.

From another website:

‘’Take this for what it's worth but I have a friend with somewhat of a source...he's friends with someone in the front office.

He's saying we're getting LA's 3rd and 5th this year and their 2019 2nd that could end up being their 1st if certain requirements are met. His friend didn't elaborate on what those requirements were.

Again, take it for what it's worth...maybe not much but he's found out inside info in the past that panned out.’’

From another website:

‘’Take this for what it's worth but I have a friend with somewhat of a source...he's friends with someone in the front office.

He's saying we're getting LA's 3rd and 5th this year and their 2019 2nd that could end up being their 1st if certain requirements are met. His friend didn't elaborate on what those requirements were.

Again, take it for what it's worth...maybe not much but he's found out inside info in the past that panned out.’’

Conditions would mean everything

Conditions would mean everything

Playing time? On field issues?

Worst case:

2018 3rd

2018 5th

2019 2nd

Best case:

2018 3rd

2018 5th

2019 1st

Gotta say....If this is true it will be nice to give Pat a year as the starter and then go into 2019 offseason with two 1st rounders to take that next step after seeing what we need.

Regardless Veach better get us a top notch corner this year in FA.

From another website:

I could live with that even if its a 2. Its not great, and doesnt seem like it helps much this season. But two seconds next year would be nice. I hope for more, but realistically I think this is probably close to what we are getting. There just wasnt enough teams in on this.

Playing time? On field issues?

Worst case:

2018 3rd

2018 5th

2019 2nd

Best case:

2018 3rd

2018 5th

2019 1st

Gotta say....If this is true it will be nice to give Pat a year as the starter and then go into 2019 offseason with two 1st rounders to take that next step after seeing what we need.

Regardless Veach better get us a top notch corner this year in FA.

Seems like a Trumaine Johnson sign and trade plus a pick would be so easy.

I could live with that even if its a 2. Its not great, and doesnt seem like it helps much this season. But two seconds next year would be nice. I hope for more, but realistically I think this is probably close to what we are getting. There just wasnt enough teams in on this.

Getting a one with some bonus would make it a fair trade.  No 1 would be a disaster.

Rather just keep Peters in that case

Well me too, but it's a 2 way street. Johnson may be fine playing in KC while Peters had no intention of staying here long term. I don't know that, but at least we could replace him with a very capable corner.

If Peters leaves we will have to go into FA and find a replacement regardless. Those shoes are too big to expect a rookie to come close to filling.

From another website:

As much as I would hate this kind of compensation it seems about right in regards to the rumblings.  No player, No 1st round pick.... If this is true then it is in essence 2 - 3rd round picks and a 5th......

Any goodwill that was earned by the Alex Smith deal got flushed down the toilet.

As much as I would hate this kind of compensation it seems about right in regards to the rumblings.  No player, No 1st round pick.... If this is true then it is in essence 2 - 3rd round picks and a 5th......

Any goodwill that was earned by the Alex Smith deal got flushed down the toilet.

How is this two thirds and a fifth?

Next years picks are never as valuable as this years picks.  They are often times viewed as the equivalent of the next round.  And on top of that, the Rams are good so it'll be back end of the 2nd.    

A second is a second. If we are using that logic then basically we are getting a 3, 4 and 6 because this years picks are late too.

A second is a second. If we are using that logic then basically we are getting a 3, 4 and 6 because this years picks are late too.

That is why I said in essence.  I don't consider a 2nd round next year to be equal to a 2nd round this year.  And I think you can agree a late 3rd rounder and late 5 rounder isn't great compensation.   The Browns wouldn't have offered their 3rd and 5th?    According to your logic they are the same because a 3rd is a 3rd........

That is why I said in essence. I don't consider a 2nd round next year to be equal to a 2nd round this year. And I think you can agree a late 3rd rounder and late 5 rounder isn't great compensation. The Browns wouldn't have offered their 3rd and 5th? According to your logic they are the same because a 3rd is a 3rd........

Is this new math? How is pick #40 this year not the same as pick #40 next year?

Archived