Marcus Peters trade thread

As much as I would hate this kind of compensation it seems about right in regards to the rumblings.  No player, No 1st round pick.... If this is true then it is in essence 2 - 3rd round picks and a 5th......

Any goodwill that was earned by the Alex Smith deal got flushed down the toilet.

Exactly.   If this is true, I expect the condition would be a Ram Super Bowl appearance.   When we did the Alex trade, the second pick was a conditional 3rd, that would go to a 2nd if we made the playoffs.    That was unlikely coming off the prior season, but we achieved it.   Rams simply making the playoffs wouldn't be enough of an unlikely condition to make the pick move up.  

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams’ trade for Marcus Peters proves their belief in their football culture

“These are grown men, and it starts with the mutual respect that exists, where they know it’s about developing and building relationships,” said McVay, who fosters that by being honest when he messes up too. “If we’re going to ask our players to be coachable, we’ve got to be coachable as coaches as well. That displays an ownership and an accountability that we try to all have and makes the players more receptive to the messages we try to implement.”

What a great attitude, conducive to winning, and not other, non football, nonsensical things.   No wonder theRams are headed in a good direction for the foreseeable future, with a winning culture.  

Rams’ trade for Marcus Peters proves their belief in their football culture

“These are grown men, and it starts with the mutual respect that exists, where they know it’s about developing and building relationships,” said McVay, who fosters that by being honest when he messes up too. “If we’re going to ask our players to be coachable, we’ve got to be coachable as coaches as well. That displays an ownership and an accountability that we try to all have and makes the players more receptive to the messages we try to implement.”

What a great attitude, conducive to winning, and not other, non football, nonsensical things.   No wonder theRams are headed in a good direction for the foreseeable future, with a winning culture.  

There's plenty of room on their Bandwagon. I'm sure they'd welcome even someone as dramatic as you with open arms. You are slightly closer to StL than KC anyway.

From another website:

‘’Take this for what it's worth but I have a friend with somewhat of a source...he's friends with someone in the front office.

He's saying we're getting LA's 3rd and 5th this year and their 2019 2nd that could end up being their 1st if certain requirements are met. His friend didn't elaborate on what those requirements were.

Again, take it for what it's worth...maybe not much but he's found out inside info in the past that panned out.’’

If this is what we actually traded Peters for I may start finding something else to do on sundays this fall.... seriously, F this franchise if they are going to cite lack of talent as a reason for retaining Sutton while trading away one of their most talented defensive players on the team (I don’t care if he was a bad teammate, locker room cancer, etc.... there is no questioning his talent).

Reid will probably continue to call plays on offense in 2018. They’ll jack up parking to $100/game. They’ll follow all of this up with extending Sutton to 2028.... just watch.

There's plenty of room on their Bandwagon. I'm sure they'd welcome even someone as dramatic as you with open arms. You are slightly closer to StL than KC anyway.

I'll certainly root for Peters to do well.   And if them getting to the Superbowl helps us in getting a higher pick, I'll root for that too.   

Last I heard, they're not in SL anymore, but I wouldn't expect someone who is desperately trying to defend the Chiefs no matter what, to care much about facts.  

I'll certainly root for Peters to do well.   And if them getting to the Superbowl helps us in getting a higher pick, I'll root for that too.   

Last I heard, they're not in SL anymore, but I wouldn't expect someone who is desperately trying to defend the Chiefs no matter what, to care much about facts.  

I'm not trying to defend the Chiefs. I'm telling you the reasons I think they traded him. I'm certainly not desperately trying to defend them. I understand why it happened. I don't want him on any other team than ours. I think he is the best cover corner in the league. But I still understand why it happened. Our owner and HC felt like they couldn't reach the guy, and weren't comfortable with the idea he was going to ask to be the highest paid corner in the league soon. 

I'm not surprised you lump me in with everyone else because you constantly feel like you have to defend yourself here. That's why you feel the need to get in the last word with every post, and then post 6 more times after that to support it.

I'm not flipping out about the trade. I think that the team is bigger than 1 player. I got really pissed about retaining Sutton because he coaches a third of our roster and calls plays on defense, and thats bigger in my mind. But you get really upset about EVERY god damn thing. You need your own thread that is locked for everyone but you, so you can just vent.

And their fanbase is in StL. You know what I meant.

Is this new math? How is pick #40 this year not the same as pick #40 next year?

Because future picks are less valuable in a league that is week to week with little security.

Future draft choices carry a round lower in terms of value.

Well then I'd prepare for a disaster.

Oh, I've been prepared for it. 

I'm not trying to defend the Chiefs. I'm telling you the reasons I think they traded him. I'm certainly not desperately trying to defend them. I understand why it happened. I don't want him on any other team than ours. I think he is the best cover corner in the league. I'm not surprised you lump me in with everyone else because you constantly feel like you have to defend yourself here. That's why you feel the need to get in the last word with every post, and then post 6 more times after that to support it.

I'm not flipping out about the trade. I think that the team is bigger than 1 player. I got really pissed about retaining Sutton because he coaches a third of our roster and calls plays on defense thats bigger in my mind. But you get really upset about EVERY god damn thing. You need your own thread that is locked for everyone but you, so you can just vent.

When you come at me, I come back.   Someone who thinks one is "objective" when they agree with them, and "unobjective" when they disagree with them, doesn't have much cred.  Sorry.   

When you come at me, I come back.   Someone who thinks one is "objective" when they agree with them, and "unobjective" when they disagree with them, doesn't have much cred.  Sorry.   

Don't be. I'm not here for cred. I'm here to discuss all things Chiefs. Unfortunately more and more threads seem to be overtaken by you arguing with someone (or 12 people) and needing to prove you are right. It's whatever. I've argued with you for years, and I'm sure we will argue more when you absolutely lose your shit after we all find out what compensation we got in this trade. Love you Pookie.

I'm not trying to defend the Chiefs. I'm telling you the reasons I think they traded him. I'm certainly not desperately trying to defend them. I understand why it happened. I don't want him on any other team than ours. I think he is the best cover corner in the league. But I still understand why it happened. Our owner and HC felt like they couldn't reach the guy, and weren't comfortable with the idea he was going to ask to be the highest paid corner in the league soon. 

I'm not surprised you lump me in with everyone else because you constantly feel like you have to defend yourself here. That's why you feel the need to get in the last word with every post, and then post 6 more times after that to support it.

I'm not flipping out about the trade. I think that the team is bigger than 1 player. I got really pissed about retaining Sutton because he coaches a third of our roster and calls plays on defense, and thats bigger in my mind. But you get really upset about EVERY god damn thing. You need your own thread that is locked for everyone but you, so you can just vent.

Dear God, soooo much........This.

Because future picks are less valuable in a league that is week to week with little security.

Future draft choices carry a round lower in terms of value.

Based on what? I've never heard or seen this. So if a team was given the first pick in the draft next year it's not as valuable as the first pick this year. Please explain this strange math or science. Not arguing I truly have never heard this before.

Based on what? I've never heard or seen this. So if a team was given the first pick in the draft next year it's not as valuable as the first pick this year. Please explain this strange math or science. Not arguing I truly have never heard this before.

When teams would give up a pick from the following years draft for a current years, it was always a pick from a round earlier to get whatever round for the current year.

Future picks hold less value because a year wait is a very long time in the NFL and the slot that pick will be at is a total unknown, which is usually a negative.

When teams would give up a pick from the following years draft for a current years, it was always a pick from a round earlier to get whatever round for the current year.

Future picks hold less value because a year wait is a very long time in the NFL and the slot that pick will be at is a total unknown, which is usually a negative.

I guess I will just not understand your mind on this matter. I have looked through about a hundred articles since this comment has been posted the first time and I have yet to find this theory in print.

Philadelphia Eagles: Acquire pick No. 220 in 2010

Detroit Lions: Acquire a sixth-round pick in 2011

(Eagles traded a current year 7th for a next years 6th)

Carolina Panthers: Acquire pick No. 89 in 2010

New England Patriots: Acquire second-round pick in 2011

(Patriots trade out a 3rd rounder for the Panthers 2nd round pick the following year)

Those are a couple examples I picked from one draft. The NFL is an instant gratification league and waiting isn't something they like to do, typically.

Philadelphia Eagles: Acquire pick No. 220 in 2010

Detroit Lions: Acquire a sixth-round pick in 2011

(Eagles traded a current year 7th for a next years 6th)

Carolina Panthers: Acquire pick No. 89 in 2010

New England Patriots: Acquire second-round pick in 2011

(Patriots trade out a 3rd rounder for the Panthers 2nd round pick the following year)

Those are a couple examples I picked from one draft. The NFL is an instant gratification league and waiting isn't something they like to do, typically.

My question to you is, is this YOUR theory or is it something that the NFL subscribes to and if so where can I read up on this new sorcery?

Here are my final thoughts on the trade.

- While I think it was totally foolish of Veach to make this trade today, vs next year, I'll at least give him credit for not letting Peters take his roster hostage. He ended a situation. Now he needs to be aggressive even more to fill the hole that he just created.

- Total shame on Bob Sutton and Andy Reid. They knew exactly what Marcus Peters was when they took him, and did it anyhow for the competitive edge. Every time Peters acted a fool they both just stood there with a finger up their asses while it went down. Every time.

They wanted the upside without putting in the effort. This possibly could of been managed and they blew it. Way too passive.

Ultimately, Marcus Peters was way too Oakland for this region and the fans hated him for it. It's a major loss, but if Mahomes meets and exceeds the hype than I really don't give a shit. It all comes down to if the Chiefs finally have an elite QB or not.

If Mahomes isn't good, than it really doesn't matter how good Peters is ultimately. If Mahomes is elite, the talent will want to take less to play here.

My question to you is, is this YOUR theory or is it something that the NFL subscribes to and if so where can I read up on this new sorcery?

I just literally gave you examples that show it's how they operate. If you don't want to agree with it, I really don't care. Think what you want to think, man.

If teams felt the value was equal than Belichick would have been swapping late ones to gamble on gaining a lot of position by simply waiting.

Instead you see things like this.

Traded 2011 second round pick (#56-Shane Vereen), 2012 first round pick (#27-Kevin Zeitler) to Patriots for 2011 first round pick (#28-Mark Ingram) on 2011-04-28

Ok, wow. I guess it serves me right for not following the Chiefs that much in the off season, and having my own stuff going on. I'm glad I have this board to checked in on, or I wouldn't have known about this for a while, until it was a done deal and came up on my phone. 

My thoughts are, I'm really not that torn up about it. Peters is a good player, but deep down I was never sure he would have a second contract with the Chiefs. I just hope they got good compensation for him.

It’s pretty clear that the fault for Peters and this deal is squarely on Andy Reid and John Dorsey.

They failed miserably by drafting this kid. He was a huge problem that got kicked off his football team in college and these 2 assured us that he wouldn’t be the problem here.

Andy couldn’t take him anymore so Veach did the best he could with little to no market for the kid.

Time to move forward.

I just literally gave you examples that show it's how they operate. If you don't want to agree with it, I really don't care. Think what you want to think, man.

If teams felt the value was equal than Belichick would have been swapping late ones to gamble on gaining a lot of position by simply waiting.

Instead you see things like this.

Traded 2011 second round pick (#56-Shane Vereen), 2012 first round pick (#27-Kevin Zeitler) to Patriots for 2011 first round pick (#28-Mark Ingram) on 2011-04-28

I comprehend what your saying, I'm just curious if this is your own theory/philosophy or is it something the NFL follows.

Archived