Marcus Peters trade thread

That is not the deal. They would trade a future 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick this year. The only way you would do this is if you got a 3rd rounder this year and it was the Browns calling for your late 1st round pick. This way you know you are getting a top 5 selection if not for sure a top 10 next year lol. Said team values a 2nd round pick for a 1st round pick next year and if they have no immediate needs it gives them a better round selection in their eyes is my point to this all.

Ok, and my only point is getting something of value now is better than getting the same thing in the future.  With money it is easy to see because most people can understand you can earn interest on the money.  Draft picks are assets as well, and being business men, GMs and owners are going to prefer a pick now over the same pick in the future.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/23/15398184/2017-nfl-draft-creating-a-brand-new-nfl-draft-value-trade-chart

Future draft picks are valued one round earlier than the current year

In other words, a team could trade a fourth round pick in 2017 and reasonably expect to receive a 2018 third round pick on the market. A current fifth is worth a future fourth. No one really wants future seventh round picks because they hold almost no value.

This valuation of future picks is a representation of time value of money, which means that a draft pick now is worth more than the same draft pick in a future year.

Ok, and my only point is getting something of value now is better than getting the same thing in the future. With money it is easy to see because most people can understand you can earn interest on the money. Draft picks are assets as well, and being business men, GMs and owners are going to prefer a pick now over the same pick in the future.

Yes but see my point that they know if they let the money roll, gamble it, you can get more in return too. As it sits we are gambling and getting a 2nd round pick from LA next year. Maybe things happen where Peters becomes the problem thast must have driven for us to trade him now. Maybe their qb goes down and we get a higher round pick in the 2nd. If we kept him we at most would get a comp pick at the end of the 3rd round and had him for sure this year without any big headaches.

It sounds like he was not looking to stay here so tagging him and trying then to trade him would have left us in a lesser spot than now value wise. Plus we would have to wait if we did not tag him for a comp pick too the next year. He would likely hold out then sign else where the next year so it would keep pushing the comp pick down the road. All this and dealing with whatever it is they saw enough of now for an additional 2 years? We will have to wait and see how it shakes out.

Cornerback Marcus Peters had some interesting things to say in his first public remarks since the Kansas City Chiefs agreed to trade him to the Los Angeles Rams.

Foremost were his comments about next season’s game between the Rams and Chiefs in Mexico City. Asked during an appearance on NFL Network what he was expecting in that game against the Chiefs and quarterback Patrick Mahomes II, Peters said, “I’m expecting turnovers and I’m expecting a win. [Mahomes] knows how to give me the ball.’’

Peters went on to say he didn’t agree with the Chiefs’ decision to trade Alex Smith. The Chiefs have agreed to send Smith to Washington to make room in the starting lineup for Mahomes.

“Alex don’t get enough respect and they need to start putting some respect on that man’s name,’’ Peters said. “I’ve seen that man’s name get thrown under the bus too many times and he took it as a man. He never complained about it. He don’t turn over the ball. That was our fault for messing up the playoffs.’’

Peters said he was surprised after being traded to hear speculation that he had problems with Chiefs coach Andy Reid, who suspended Peters for a game late last season. Peters was disciplined after throwing an official’s penalty flag into the stands, retreating to the locker room without being ejected and then returning to the sideline without his game socks.

“He was looking in the best interests for me to become a better player,’’ said Peters, who at one point referred to Reid by his nickname of Big Red. “They already knew I had some so-called character issues off the field that happened [in college at Washington] and they took me. All they told me was, ‘Come on, we’re going to take you and we’re going to grow together.’ We grew for those three years. It was cool. Sometimes, it’s just business.

“I put it on my own shoulders. I don’t blame nobody for nothing I do. Once I threw that flag into the stands, I knew what was going to happen. I shouldn’t have walked off. I had to go take a shower. I came back and my socks and stuff were gone.

“It’s business. All I can do is just go handle mine. I thank the Kansas City Chiefs for everything they did starting off. Now I’m going to L.A. I’m going to miss playing with my teammates, for sure. Once you get into that locker room, that’s family. I’m going to miss the guys. I’m going to miss Eric [berry], Justin [Houston]. I’m going to miss Coach Reid.

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/24156/marcus-peters-on-facing-chiefs-im-expecting-turnovers-and-im-expecting-a-win

It doesn't sound like he has a ton of ill will, it will be interesting to see what the Chiefs have to say.  If it is because he sat during the anthem then I will be super pissed.

We'll hear nothing but empty cliches from the Chiefs.  Why would he have ill will?   He got what he wanted, and made the Chiefs look pretty foolish.  

It doesn't sound like he has a ton of ill will, it will be interesting to see what the Chiefs have to say.  If it is because he sat during the anthem then I will be super pissed.

It's because of his anger issues and blow ups on the field and at coaches.

I love Marcus Peters as a player, I think he could be the next Rod Woodson. 

You just gotta understand that people with anger issues are painted in a different light because people are scared of what they'll do next.

I know from experience.

This whole thing makes me wonder if Clark Hunt was not totally on board with drafting him, and then with this past season Peters gave Clark Hunt every reason to move forward with getting rid of him. I'm torn on this as a fan. Love the Chiefs. Totally get that players actions ad words are a reflection on the organization and Hunt has every reason to get rid of someone that portrays an image he does not want for his franchise. I get it. I also get that teams were not going to trade a lot of draft stock for him knowing this themselves. I'm not mad about the compensation, I get it. It sucks but I get it. I also feel for Peters in this. Yes he had his on field issues. If it were just on field issues I doubt this happens. If it were just the national anthem protests I don't think he would be gone either. But coupled together, we are where we are at. Now I find myself questioning do I still follow the Chiefs? Morally, I should never support racial injustices whether it be small or big in its form. My wife is half Irish and half Indian (from India, not native American). My daughter (my sister-in-laws biological gift to this world) is the same as my wife plus African American. What's the example you set for your children? Where does a fan draw the line?  Ramblings in mind this morning. Nothing more, nothing less right now.

This whole thing makes me wonder if Clark Hunt was not totally on board with drafting him, and then with this past season Peters gave Clark Hunt every reason to move forward with getting rid of him. I'm torn on this as a fan. Love the Chiefs. Totally get that players actions ad words are a reflection on the organization and Hunt has every reason to get rid of someone that portrays an image he does not want for his franchise. I get it. I also get that teams were not going to trade a lot of draft stock for him knowing this themselves. I'm not mad about the compensation, I get it. It sucks but I get it. I also feel for Peters in this. Yes he had his on field issues. If it were just on field issues I doubt this happens. If it were just the national anthem protests I don't think he would be gone either. But coupled together, we are where we are at. Now I find myself questioning do I still follow the Chiefs? Morally, I should never support racial injustices whether it be small or big in its form. My wife is half Irish and half Indian (from India, not native American). My daughter (my sister-in-laws biological gift to this world) is the same as my wife plus African American. What's the example you set for your children? Where does a fan draw the line?  Ramblings in mind this morning. Nothing more, nothing less right now.

all I can say is this in regards to your  last half of your concerns.. Remember the Chiefs were the first to draft from Grambling and were one of the most heavily  integrated teams  of it time when it was not fashionable to do so.. by a Texan Owner no less.  Clark was raised in that environment.. I think  these facts are forgotten about...just saying

all I can say is this in regards to your  last half of your concerns.. Remember the Chiefs were the first to draft from Grambling and were one of the most heavily  integrated teams  of it time when it was not fashionable to do so.. by a Texan Owner no less.  Clark was raised in that environment.. I think  these facts are forgotten about...just saying

Good point. I know there are many other important signings that were made that would indicate Clark Hunt doesn't care about the color of one's skin...sometimes when the drama is still fresh in the air its easily forgotten.

Plus we have a black(ish) quarterback that we just drafted to be the face of the franchise.

Ultimately, I think Clark Hunt is very sensitive to media and fan perception and will make moves to keep the Chiefs in a positive light.

He spent a ton of money to haul out a bunch of trash early 2013 after 2-14, Belcher ending it all in the lot and banners flying over Arrowhead before each game.

I think he received a lot of very not positive fan reaction over Marcus Peters and felt that he absolutely had to go between that and his mingling with the coaches.

Archived