Marcus Peters trade thread

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“It was all LA and KC when it came down to it.“

Just stop dude this has been confirmed.

Serious question. If Peters is a "future hall of famer" with such a great contract, why would there only be one to three teams interested? That makes no sense to me.

Who cares?   If you can't get his worth, you keep him.   Unless the meddlesome owner says you can't.  

“It was all LA and KC when it came down to it.“

Just stop dude this has been confirmed.

It's been confirmed that at least 3 teams were interested, and the Rams were the most serious, and they wound up with the player.  That is the very opposite of only 1 team was interested.  

Who cares?   If you can't get his worth, you keep him.   Unless the meddlesome owner says you can't.

I care. And it's a legit question. I'm not saying you have to trade him in spite of the apparent lack of interest. I'm asking why there wouldn't be every team in the league interested.

It's been confirmed that at least 3 teams were interested, and the Rams were the most serious, and they wound up with the player.  That is the very opposite of only 1 team was interested.

there have been differing reports on this I don't think anyone really knows even YOU.

I am one consistent dude.   All we can do is speculate, until it is settled.  The longer it takes, the worse the actual compensation likely is.

I think I understand. We don't know what the compensation is, so it's probably bad. And we don't know what the holdup is, so it's probably getting worse. I can't argue with that logic.

True, neither do those who INSIST that only 1 team was interested. I am just countering them with the evidence I have.

You said it's confirmed. That's not countering. That's trying to win an argument even though you don't know.

One thing we do know 1 team was interested. So they aren't as wrong as you think.

And 3 out of 30 isn't something to argue with either

I am one consistent dude.   All we can do is speculate, until it is settled.  The longer it takes, the worse the actual compensation likely is.   

Complete opposite, actually.

Huge trades with tons of compensation don't just get thrown together in 5 minutes.

We know you want the Chiefs to get fleeced so you can beat your chest on a discussion board, but this is getting out of hand.

The longer it takes it could be bigger too

Sure, but not logically likely.  The Rams fan base is thrilled with this.   They don't have to wait to soften the blow.   The Chiefs fan base, OTOH, not so thrilled.   

I am amazed at the discipline of both teams though, that nothing is leaking out.   That's hard in today's world.  

Sure, but not logically likely.  The Rams fan base is thrilled with this.   They don't have to wait to soften the blow.   The Chiefs fan base, OTOH, not so thrilled.   

I am amazed at the discipline of both teams though, that nothing is leaking out.   That's hard in today's world.

Why can't it logically be likely?

Complete opposite, actually.

Huge trades with tons of compensation don't just get thrown together in 5 minutes.

We know you want the Chiefs to get fleeced so you can beat your chest on a discussion board, but this is getting out of hand.

Nope, I want the Chiefs to get at least 2 number ones, as I Stated BEFORE THE TRADE, so the team I root for gets the worth of a great player they traded.   I'll be more than happy to eat crow.  Being wrong doesn't bother me.  My team getting fleeced bothers me.  

The holdup is signing "someone" to an extension.  Could be Peters, could be a Ram.  They are not haggling over draft picks, IMO.

A lot of posts reference that we could have had Peters on the cheap fir 3 or 4 more years.

2018 is 1.7 mill (dirt cheap)

2019 is estimated to be 9 mill (optional year)

2020 is estimated to be more than 14 mill (franchise tag)

2021 is over over 17 mill

We only had one cheap year with him.

When I say we have him for three years on the cheap...I’m referring to comparing it to what he will be making on his new contract. 9 mill IS cheap for MP. 14 mill will probably be still less than what he gets on his contract

Why can't it logically be likely?

Because the Rams fans are thrilled, and don't really care about the compensation.   They just got a great young player, to go along with their great young core, and are all about trying to win Super Bowls.   Chief fans, OTOH, just lost a great player, and unless the compensation is commensurate with his ability, will be pissed.  Remember what YOU wanted for him BEFORE the trade?    So soften the blow, let some distance happen.   

Because the Rams fans are thrilled, and don't really care about the compensation.   They just got a great young player, to go along with their great young core, and are all about trying to win Super Bowls.   Chief fans, OTOH, just lost a great player, and unless the compensation is commensurate with his ability, will be pissed.  Remember what YOU wanted for him BEFORE the trade?    So soften the blow, let some distance happen.

Rams fans don't know any more than we do.

$9 million for a 5th year option is not cheap. You do NOT reward guys like Peters with more money for acting the way he did.

That’s what dumb franchises do.

In today's market 9 million is cheap for a CB of Peters' caliber. Granted it's not as cheap as a rookie deal but almost any decent FA will be making that money in 2019. Successful franchises manage troubled yet talented players and thrive with those guys. Unfortunately our coaching staff is constantly changing and I'm not sure if we have a staff that's capable of managing the roster as we have seen almost no team discipline in 2017.

Nope, I want the Chiefs to get at least 2 number ones, as I Stated BEFORE THE TRADE, so the team I root for gets the worth of a great player they traded.   I'll be more than happy to eat crow.  Being wrong doesn't bother me.  My team getting fleeced bothers me.  

You're just stating those terms because you know that won't happen.

I found that 3 players since 2000 have been traded for more than 1 1st round pick.  It hasn't happened since 2003.

I'll say it again, the Chiefs were able to get a very good young starting CB and 3rd round pick for a QB you perceived as a complete "bum".

I think we'll do ok here.

If it's total garbage in return, I will join your bashing parade.

I don’t blame Clark one bit for wanting to get rid of Peters. The kid thoroughly embarrassed the entire franchise several times, and none of those circumstances had to do with anything political.

Besides the getting tossed out of a game/not really tossed, what did he do to embarrass the franchise that's on the field, football related??   Sorry, yelling at coaches doesn't count, otherwise Brady "embarrassed the franchise", when he told Josh to F himself. 

Peters was rightly punished for what he did, was remorseful, and came back and played the best Football of his career.  

Archived