39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Stage are you at regarding the Marcus Peters Trade

• Denial
    • Anger
    • Barganing
    • Depression
    • Acceptance
    • None of the Above

They are Chiefs Fans....You act like it's a 3000 ft fall.

It's been almost 50 years...more like falling off a curb.

Also, I am with OT.  Nothing more than a curiosity at this point.

There are billions of "essential personnel" in cemeteries all over the world.

w

No grief or loss here more like happy, glad and relieved.

I must have missed your reasons for this. Could you please explain? Honestly asking.

I can fully understand the opinion of not agreeing with the antics involved with MP22.

I don't understand how anyone can be "happy, glad and relieved" to have a very valuable player being shipped out.

Like some others, I understand the reasons behind this move. That certainly doesn't mean I'm happy about it, or even content for that matter.

Say what you will about Marcus Peters the man, but his play on the field had legitimate value. Whether you liked the style or not.

Great Player, great value on his rookie contract. 

I just see a kid from Oakland that grew up loving the Raiders and he is buds with Marshawn Lynch. 

IMO, unless the Chiefs decided all his "other issues" ( the Chiefs Management decides on this, not me) were worth paying him TOP DOLLAR to stay in KC, he was going to leave.

The best teams recognize reality ( read that the Pats) and take action BEFORE their hand is forced.

I'll give the Chiefs ( after listening to the Billy Maas Interview ) the benefit of the doubt for now.

w

I must have missed your reasons for this. Could you please explain? Honestly asking.

I can fully understand the opinion of not agreeing with the antics involved with MP22.

I don't understand how anyone can be "happy, glad and relieved" to have a very valuable player being shipped out.

Like some others, I understand the reasons behind this move. That certainly doesn't mean I'm happy about it, or even content for that matter.

Say what you will about Marcus Peters the man, but his play on the field had legitimate value. Whether you liked the style or not.

Where he was a great player he was only 1 player and no 1 player is greater than the team. If you are going to a younger team you dont need the veteran leadership walking off the field during the game and fighting with fans on the sidelines. Also don't need him hanging out with an opponents player right after a road game when he should be with his own players. He also has an issue with authority and to anyone who has been in charge of employees that is a non player. Fire in heart is one thing, complete and utter disrespect for those who are trying to help you and your team is unacceptable.

I can overlook frustration on the field at times it happens in all walks of life but the other things are not leadership qualities and now he is gone, I will not cry over his departure. His negatives out weighed his positives in my opinion and obviously the team leaderships opinion.

Where he was a great player he was only 1 player and no 1 player is greater than the team. If you are going to a younger team you dont need the veteran leadership walking off the field during the game and fighting with fans on the sidelines. Also don't need him hanging out with an opponents player right after a road game when he should be with his own players. He also has an issue with authority and to anyone who has been in charge of employees that is a non player. Fire in heart is one thing, complete and utter disrespect for those who are trying to help you and your team is unacceptable.

I can overlook frustration on the field at times it happens in all walks of life but the other things are not leadership qualities and now he is gone, I will not cry over his departure. His negatives out weighed his positives in my opinion and obviously the team leaderships opinion.

Fair enough. Thanks

I am still angry...first angry that you take your best defensive player(hard to count Houston when he doesn’t even get to do his job anymore) and ship him off when he is still valuable and cheap. Then I am angry because a team of grown ass men making six and seven figures(coaches/management) are so inept at working with a player that they have to get rid of him instead to teaching him and dealing with it like the rest of us have to. Next, I’m angry that we are 48 hours in and trade terms have not been released. Next I’m angry about this rumor that we don’t know compensation because the rams have requested it. Official or not, if you have an agreement in place and it’s public when you are a professional sports team, you will be totally blackballed if you go back on that deal, so it’s not gonna happen...

In short, I’m angry because everyone involved has handled this whole situation like a bunch of little baby bi**ches and it feels like amateur hour at arrowhead

Honestly I find find myself more upset, envious even that we as KC fans, don't get to have a player of that caliber remain with the team. For whatever the reasoning.

Agreed. The more I read, the more it sounds like it had to be done. Those waiting for "equal" compensation in order to approve this deal will be disappointed... It's what was best for the team and Marcus both

I am still angry...first angry that you take your best defensive player(hard to count Houston when he doesn’t even get to do his job anymore) and ship him off when he is still valuable and cheap. Then I am angry because a team of grown ass men making six and seven figures(coaches/management) are so inept at working with a player that they have to get rid of him instead to teaching him and dealing with it like the rest of us have to. Next, I’m angry that we are 48 hours in and trade terms have not been released. Next I’m angry about this rumor that we don’t know compensation because the rams have requested it. Official or not, if you have an agreement in place and it’s public when you are a professional sports team, you will be totally blackballed if you go back on that deal, so it’s not gonna happen...

In short, I’m angry because everyone involved has handled this whole situation like a bunch of little baby bi**ches and it feels like amateur hour at arrowhead

You leave out a key ingredient here. In all of this talk about how men couldn't get Marcus Peters to be more mature, better, whatever word you want to use...

Marcus has to want to become that person. He is a man. He is 25 and has mostly already become the person he wants to be. Good luck to anyone trying to change a 25 year old strong willed person. For better, for worse you cannot logically place all that blame on management. 5 stages to change...look it up.

There is one player on this team that’s untouchable and everyone else is replaceable. This team is about Mahomes now, just as the Pats are about Brady , the Colts were about Manning etc. Other players have to fall in line or find the chopping block. There’s no grief period.

There is one player on this team that’s untouchable and everyone else is replaceable. This team is about Mahomes now, just as the Pats are about Brady , the Colts were about Manning etc. Other players have to fall in line or find the chopping block. There’s no grief period.

Amazing how much has changed since the 2017draft...

I am reserving opinion until i see the comp. The team has said nothing so who knows the motivation. We're guessing just like all the so called insiders. I wanted a Kings ransom for him but with no market that's not realistic. Love him as a player but attitude absolutely does matter, no matter your line of work. Often it's the only thing you have control over.

Damn you, if it's not what's the best for the fans then it's wrong.????

It's funny, I completely realize you say this with tongue firmly in cheek but honestly, the NFL is entertainment.

Sure, Clark Hunts' Kansas City Chiefs are a business along with the rest of the NFL. Even so, the business is Entertainment. For the fans.

Personally, as a pure businessman in this day and age, Clark Hunt is old fashioned and out-dated.

While I completely respect and prefer the idea of the perfect team including talent, honesty, integrity and professionalism,...Drama, Conflict and Controversy creates attention these days. If Hunt ever wanted the Chiefs on more of the mainstream map he'd have demanded Peters stay at all costs. Mahomes will be a huge asset in this area as well, in a much different way of course, but similar to sex, "Peters sells" lol.

Archived