39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Stage are you at regarding the Marcus Peters Trade

• Denial
    • Anger
    • Barganing
    • Depression
    • Acceptance
    • None of the Above

It's hard to tell what the D will do next year. I can almost guarantee you that in July or even August this past year if someone had told you that we were going to be going into the season with a backup rookie RB nobody would have ever thought that Hunt would have done what he did.

We have seen what players that have been given a chance to be the man has done. I have read so many post about Wilson and others getting a chance to be the starter and what we have seen in the past would not justify him being a starter except for on the Chiefs or possibly the Browns. But who knows.

You leave out a key ingredient here. In all of this talk about how men couldn't get Marcus Peters to be more mature, better, whatever word you want to use...

Marcus has to want to become that person. He is a man. He is 25 and has mostly already become the person he wants to be. Good luck to anyone trying to change a 25 year old strong willed person. For better, for worse you cannot logically place all that blame on management. 5 stages to change...look it up.

So Clark, Reid, and the rest of the coaching staff didn’t know what they were getting into when drafting a then 22 year old Marcus Peters even though we all heard about his character problems? Please...and once again, his teammates love him. This is about management having a problem with a player being passionate about their job. Just about everything Peters has done, Kelce has done...the problem is to management Peters is a “Thug” while Kelce is “still growing up...

You should pin this thread...when Wade Phillips turns this kid around like it was nothing, and he goes in to have a hall of fame career while the crappy picks we end up getting for him don’t amount to anything special, all while keeping his nose clean, you can talk about your five stages of change.

So Clark, Reid, and the rest of the coaching staff didn’t know what they were getting into when drafting a then 22 year old Marcus Peters even though we all heard about his character problems? Please...and once again, his teammates love him. This is about management having a problem with a player being passionate about their job. Just about everything Peters has done, Kelce has done...the problem is to management Peters is a “Thug” while Kelce is “still growing up...

You should pin this thread...when Wade Phillips turns this kid around like it was nothing, and he goes in to have a hall of fame career while the crappy picks we end up getting for him don’t amount to anything special, all while keeping his nose clean, you can talk about your five stages of change.

We clearly didn’t feel as though we can keep him under control and he’s thus a ticking time bomb. Clearly many other teams agree with us based on such a soft market. The Rams were basically the only one that disagrees and if they do get a trouble free perennial Pro Bowler, it’s a slam dunk win for them.

Unless that is we become an elite team and actually start winning playoff games. Or he could become Dale Carter and implode.

He also really wanted to go to the West Coast and they have a much, much better chance to extend him which is crucial here. In fact part of the lack of interest in him is because like us, extending him would have likely been tough for most teams east of Las Vegas.

There is one player on this team that’s untouchable and everyone else is replaceable. This team is about Mahomes now, just as the Pats are about Brady , the Colts were about Manning etc. Other players have to fall in line or find the chopping block. There’s no grief period.

Good point.

They probably thought he would learn from his experiences in College. He argued with coaches in College to the point he was kicked off the team. They probably thought they could help him grow as a team player.

I am purely speculating. But at age 25 his brain is done developing. He will become harder to change with age. I worked in drug and alcohol as a counselor. Changing ones way of thinking is damn hard.

As far as his teammates go...

Haven't you ever worked with or played sports with a player that people liked but disagreed with how they dealt with management? This is no different. The players can be upset. They can hate this trade because they played alongside Peters. That doesn't mean he is great for the team or the chemistry or the plan set forth by management.

Wish we could have got more. Wish we could have made it work with him. It is what it is.

Really, what is there to complain about? We picked him 18th overall. Got 3 solid years (2 spectacular years) out of him and then took a 2nd and 4th for him. I wish I could say that about Dee Ford.

Wish we could have got more. Wish we could have made it work with him. It is what it is.

Really, what is there to complain about? We picked him 18th overall. Got 3 solid years (2 spectacular years) out of him and then took a 2nd and 4th for him. I wish I could say that about Dee Ford.

Word

I was behind Peters 100% when he arrived just like Hill. I was young and a royal fuck up my first 3-4 years in the AF. So I know the importance of patience, forgiveness and second chances. Hill took advantage of his Peters didn't.

Well said. When teams are investing millions of dollars, they can’t afford to continue to take chances on someone who doesn’t take full advantage of their second chance.

Archived