It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 2nd next year is a 15 months from helping the Chiefs and will be a very late pick. Hard to believe the Browns wouldn't offer a 2nd next year for him which would be a way better selection.

I don't blame Veach one bit, he got forced into this and will take most of the blame.

Disappointing! We have a talented player to an organization and post pone any real comp for 15 months from now.

Look, trading away a player like Peters blows balls but the dude has major anger/attitude issues that would screw the Chiefs long term.

He could hold out at any time and demand a new deal which would've killed his trade value even more. 

The Chiefs spent the last 3 weeks shopping him, there were only 2 teams interested.  Not even the Patriots or Cowboys wanted him.

He probably wouldn't have re-signed here, either.  Only getting us a 3rd round comp in 3 years.

The same people upset with the trade compensation would never lobby for the Chiefs to give him a huge contract for top CB in 3 years anyway, so what's the big deal?

That 2nd next year is a 15 months from helping the Chiefs and will be a very late pick. Hard to believe the Browns wouldn't offer a 2nd next year for him which would be a way better selection.

I don't blame Veach one bit, he got forced into this and will take most of the blame.

Disappointing! We have a talented player to an organization and post pone any real comp for 15 months from now.

Only and the Rams and 49ers were interested.

Look, trading away a player like Peters blows balls but the dude has major anger/attitude issues that would screw the Chiefs long term.

He could hold out at any time and demand a new deal which would've killed his trade value even more.

The Chiefs spent the last 3 weeks shopping him, there were only 2 teams interested. Not even the Patriots or Cowboys wanted him.

He probably wouldn't have re-signed here, either. Only getting us a 3rd round comp in 3 years.

The same people upset with the trade compensation would never lobby for the Chiefs to give him a huge contract for top CB in 3 years anyway, so what's the big deal?

Then you don't trade him...

The Chiefs spent the last 3 weeks shopping him, there were only 2 teams interested.  Not even the Patriots or Cowboys wanted him.

He probably wouldn't have re-signed here, either.  Only getting us a 3rd round comp in 3 years.

It was absolutely stupid to make this move, no matter how you slice it.

With a return like that, the risk is basically non-existent to wait it out to see if you can flip him when a team loses a star CB during training camp. They basically got a mid to high 3 in value when at worst they would have eventually received a 3rd round comp choice.

I'm literally stunned.

With a return like that, the risk is basically non-existent to wait it out to see if you can flip him when a team loses a star CB during training camp. They basically got a mid to high 3 in value when at worst they would have eventually received a 3rd round comp choice.

I'm literally stunned.

you sit there and bitch about it until he holds out, then state no way do you pay this guy, then he walks in free agency and all we get is a lousy 3rd round comp.

you can't have it both ways or any way you like just because you think he's worth more.

he's obviously not worth more.  only two teams wanted him and the most they were going to give was this in return.

this idea that a 2nd round pick a year away is more like a 3rd is really stupid.

it's a 2nd round pick, it doesn't go down.

just as easily as you can say "the rams are good so it'll be a late 2nd round pick" i can just as easily say they could suck and it will be the first pick in the 2nd round.

I'm literally stunned.

Unfortunately I'm not stunned, it's what I expected. It also didn't have to happen. Your taking elite level talent and tossing him aside. It's not my problem only two teams were interested. If that's the case, you don't trade him. This situation makes Andy and Clark look very very bad. No matter how much a Malcontent Peters is/was/will be.

Then you don't trade him...

ok, that's fair.  But what if he holds out this year or next?

Do you sign Peters to a long term deal for top 5 CB $ at that point?

95% of the people on this board would not be happy with the Chiefs signing this guy long term.

I love the idea that Peters is just gonna sit there and not have a say in his contract.  He's a threat to hold out in any year IMO and I guarantee you you would be 100% against re-signing him long term.

I can here the Chiefs fans now:  "NO WAY DO YOU GIVE THIS MALCONTENT A CONTRACT EXTENSION!"

I'm literally stunned.

https://twitter.com/sosakre/status/967373823011061760

you sit there and bitch about it until he holds out, then state no way do you pay this guy, then he walks in free agency and all we get is a lousy 3rd round comp.

you can't have it both ways or any way you like just because you think he's worth more.

he's obviously not worth more.  only two teams wanted him and the most they were going to give was this in return.

this idea that a 2nd round pick a year away is more like a 3rd is really stupid.

it's a 2nd round pick, it doesn't go down.

just as easily as you can say "the rams are good so it'll be a late 2nd round pick" i can just as easily say they could suck and it will be the first pick in the 2nd round.

Spin it lol

and before DaBlueGuy comes in claiming I'm defending the Chiefs, I'm not necessarily doing that.

I'm just calling people out on their bullshit thinking Marcus Peters is worth Elite QB compensation in a trade.

Same fans would never want the Chiefs to sign him long term either.

Holding on to Peters would've had the Chiefs vulnerable to a holdout, more blow-ups on the field/suspensions and a nasty contract situation at the end of 3 years.

So many of you were ready to pay him top cb money when he was up for it?

No, they don't.  And they're the same fans that sat there all of 2017 claiming Peters sucked and how they hated his antics on the field and to trade him/get rid of him.

Hell, they were even saying flat out cut him.

ok, that's fair. But what if he holds out this year or next?

Do you sign Peters to a long term deal for top 5 CB $ at that point?

95% of the people on this board would not be happy with the Chiefs signing this guy long term.

I love the idea that Peters is just gonna sit there and not have a say in his contract. He's a threat to hold out in any year IMO and I guarantee you you would be 100% against re-signing him long term.

I can here the Chiefs fans now: "NO WAY DO YOU GIVE THIS MALCONTENT A CONTRACT EXTENSION!"

He's under contract, until he isn't. Whether anyone wants to sign him long term is irrelevant. Let him hold out. It's his money to gamble with at that point.

Look it's done, it's a pathetic deal and I'll move on.

I had a Time Share that I gave away and even payed that years maintenance fee so I could get rid of it. It was in Steamboat Springs during the winter and nobody wanted it either. This is the same thing. You have something nobody else wants and its costing you more than what its worth to keep.

You were right all along.

They truly didn’t want to deal with him any longer.

No matter the fleecing.

He's under contract, until he isn't. Whether anyone wants to sign him long term is irrelevant. Let him hold out. It's his money to gamble with at that point.

Look it's done, it's a pathetic deal and I'll move on.

Not true, but whatever.  Typical know it all fan, want your cake and eat it too.

what's he worth then?

The Chiefs shopped him to the entire league, 2 teams were in.

Peters was the 17th ranked CB according to PFF.

Chiefs fans and media said he sucked all year and were sick of all the nonsense, yet when it comes to a trade they expect Elite QB compensation for him.

At first I stated it would need to be a king's ransom but after calming down and looking at the facts, Peters' value just isn't that high.

Remember when you said you'd trash the deal if we got garbage.  Good times.    :lol:

Archived