It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

You mean the same Rapoport who said "both sides came away in a good place" as well as saying the Chiefs "took the best deal with a limited market that barely included 2 teams not (Browns or Colts despite their execs drafting him)".

Not very good for an all everything DB. Hmm, if nobody else wanted why should the Chiefs?

Well because we could have had him on the cheap for a year at least. I get there was no market but man I thought we could have received better still.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

then since they are such the embarrassment I am sure you'll have no problem  being some one else's fan. or just going to be like soo many of the newcomers and Bitch, Belly Ache and Whine?

same goes for you Fanatic

Don't have to white knight every single move the Chiefs made. Sometimes they really blow it and should be taken to task over it.

Look, trading away a player like Peters blows balls but the dude has major anger/attitude issues that would screw the Chiefs long term.

He could hold out at any time and demand a new deal which would've killed his trade value even more. 

The Chiefs spent the last 3 weeks shopping him, there were only 2 teams interested.  Not even the Patriots or Cowboys wanted him.

He probably wouldn't have re-signed here, either.  Only getting us a 3rd round comp in 3 years.

The same people upset with the trade compensation would never lobby for the Chiefs to give him a huge contract for top CB in 3 years anyway, so what's the big deal?

My issue with this is if we got a second in 2019 why not just keep him under contract for 2 years and get that 3rd round comp?

Don't have to white knight every single move the Chiefs made. Sometimes they really blow it and should be taken to task over it.

Exactly.   This is one of those times.  We crowed when we fleeced Wash, so there should be no problem pointing out when we're the fleece-ee.  

Unless they change the title of the site to Chiefs Cheerleaders.  

then since they are such the embarrassment I am sure you'll have no problem  being some one else's fan. or just going to be like soo many of the newcomers and Bitch, Belly Ache and Whine?

same goes for you Fanatic

Thank you Mr Old Guy. You have changed my life. I have learned from you to never have optimism or wishful thinking. So much better to have low expectations. Just go with the flow and expect little. No point in being disappointed. Plan for the worst. Bless you. 

Peters had to go, chiefs got back most they could for an idiot no one else wanted, time to move on.

On the plus side I believe we have a franchise qb now that will overcome things like this.

Also we already had one of the worst defense’s in the league so how much worse could it possibly get.

the real difference makers on this team imo are mahomes, tyreek hill, and kelce on offense.

On d its berry, houston, and chris jones, but only when they are healthy.

For the most part the rest of the roster doesn’t matter.

I am hoping our new cb fuller will be a difference maker and we are able to sign another pass rusher who can be.

Exactly. This is one of those times. We crowed when we fleeced Wash, so there should be no problem pointing out when we're the fleece-ee.

I'm just going to combine the trades:

Alex Smith + Marcus Peters + 2018 1st Rounder + 2017 Third Rounder + 2017 1st Rounder + 2018 6th Rounder

FOR

2017 1st Rounder (Mahomes at #10), Kenneth Fuller, 2018 3rd Rounder + 2018 4th + 2018 4th Rounder + 2019 2nd Rounder

Throw in Buttkicker as a Veach guy.

Fleeced? Fair? Ahead? Behind? I think we're ahead if Mahomes pans out (assuming we would have drafted another QB instead).

Alex Smith + Marcus Peters + 2018 1st Rounder + 2017 Third Rounder + 2017 1st Rounder + 2018 6th Rounder

FOR

2017 1st Rounder (Mahomes at #10), Kenneth Fuller, 2018 3rd Rounder + 2018 4th + 2019 4th Rounder

Fleeced? Fair? Ahead? Behind? I think we're ahead if Mahomes pans out (assuming we would have drafted another QB instead).

2019 2nd rounder I thought for Peters

FOR

2017 1st Rounder (Mahomes at #10), Kenneth Fuller, 2018 3rd Rounder + 2018 4th + 2019 4th Rounder

Gotta keep the Mahomes deal separate as it happened at a different time.  Thus you might as well add in every trade from the past 5 years.

I guess a person could do this off season trades so far...

Redskins get:

Alex Smith

Rams get:

Marcus Peters

2018 6th

Chiefs get:

Fuller

2018 3rd

2018 4th

2019 2nd

The Redskins were CB heavy, which is why they gave up Fuller. I don't think so.

Nah I think they would of done something because Norman is taking up so much cap room atm and adding Peters as a outside top CB would give them a option to cut ties sooner than later.

FOR

Each transaction should be looked at separately.   Then combined, you can give an overall grade.   I'd give Veach a C+, some good, some bad so far.  It was a B until the Peters fiasco.  That's like a midterm that drags your grade way down, not just a pop quiz.  

Dorsey Overall was an A-.  Hated some of his moves, and posted about them, but overall he was an excellent GM.   Veach has a very long way to go to be that good.  

Each transaction should be looked at separately.   Then combined, you can give an overall grade.   I'd give Veach a C+, some good, some bad so far.  It was a B until the Peters fiasco.  That's like a midterm that drags your grade way down, not just a pop quiz.  

Dorsey Overall was an A-.  Hated some of his moves, and posted about them, but overall he was an excellent GM.   Veach has a very long way to go to be that good.  

Dorsey did good on talent and players but his midterm drag down was the contracts he agreed to give out.  Just can't come back from that

Redskins get:

Alex Smith

Rams get:

Marcus Peters

2018 6th

Chiefs get:

Fuller

2018 3rd

2018 4th

2019 2nd

ERRRR I keep trying to look at this and feel better but I just more and more upset!  Maybe more so than only getting a 4th this year is that Veach seriously agreed to give back a 6th?  I KNOW I KNOW that pick is meaningless but DAMN Veach grow a pair!

Unfortunately around here, the responder to name calling gets warned. I was told to report name calling instead of responding to it, by the head of the place. I'd much rather respond, but I follow the rules. Lets see if the mods follow their own.

We are here. And we respond.

Anyone is expendable. That's the sign i'm getting from this organization. Peters doesn't want to be here. Cya on the West Coast bud. 

Had some great memories as a Chiefs. We'll miss his talent, but not his professionalism. Seems like a bad trade atm, but in hindsight maybe not. 

I don't think Norman is movable quite yet. Breeland will probably be back and they had Moreau on the bench.

Norman could of been traded even as soon as this year and Redskins would only have $3M in dead money....Not saying they would of done so BUT you could have BOTH Norman and Peters on the outside while Breeland/Moreau cover nickle.  Then when Peters is ready for his payday you cut ties with now the 33 year old Norman.

HELL they could of just bumped that 3rd to a 2nd and threw in a 4th and I'm sure it would of got the deal done haha

Peters had to go, chiefs got back most they could for an idiot no one else wanted, time to move on.

On the plus side I believe we have a franchise qb now that will overcome things like this.

Also we already had one of the worst defense’s in the league so how much worse could it possibly get.

the real difference makers on this team imo are mahomes, tyreek hill, and kelce on offense.

On d its berry, houston, and chris jones, but only when they are healthy.

For the most part the rest of the roster doesn’t matter.

I am hoping our new cb fuller will be a difference maker and we are able to sign another pass rusher who can be.

I give Justin Houston another year.

Each transaction should be looked at separately. Then combined, you can give an overall grade. I'd give Veach a C+, some good, some bad so far. It was a B until the Peters fiasco. That's like a midterm that drags your grade way down, not just a pop quiz.

Dorsey Overall was an A-. Hated some of his moves, and posted about them, but overall he was an excellent GM. Veach has a very long way to go to be that good.

Are you talking grades for trades or over all grade so far? Dorsey hardly ever made trades and had 4 years as a GM. Veach so far has less than a year under his belt but is pointing it to get younger(other than Peters) it seems, manage cap space and we have yet to see a draft. Hard to trade him yet but giving Dorsey an A-? If he was an A grade type GM he would still be here. The Maclin fiasco shows alone he was not an A GM. For the contract handed high in and they way he was released to contracts given out to older and aging players etc. He could find talent on the roster cuts and such though but Veach has not done so bad with our kicker, Ragland and the 1 year deal to Amerson so far.

Archived