It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

I disagree. For me it doesn't take much to see this kid is polarizing. In a number of different aspects. Not all of it is negative either and quite honestly I'd say most of it is positive. Unfortunately this is all about the protest and the behavior is just the excuse. It makes no difference to anyone but I've just lost a healthy portion of respect for Clark Hunt.

Do you think he is a racist? A bad person? Has he besmirched the family name? Is he a bad owner?

What had he done to earn your respect to begin with? Will you stop going to games? Watching them? Does he know who you are or care that you are mad at him?

As a businessman does he have the right to move on from a player he may not like personally? Was that employee fired or did he wind up in an ideal situation for him?

I think the question we are all really asking is...would he have fought for the South in the Civil War?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think he is a racist? A bad person? Has he besmirched the family name? Is he a bad owner?

What had he done to earn your respect to begin with? Will you stop going to games? Watching them? Does he know who you are or care that you are mad at him?

As a businessman does he have the right to move on from a player he may not like personally? Was that employee fired or did he wind up in an ideal situation for him?

I think the question we are all really asking is...would he have fought for the South in the Civil War?

oh you had to open that door didn't you?

I disagree. For me it doesn't take much to see this kid is polarizing. In a number of different aspects. Not all of it is negative either and quite honestly I'd say most of it is positive. Unfortunately this is all about the protest and the behavior is just the excuse. It makes no difference to anyone but I've just lost a healthy portion of respect for Clark Hunt.

Peters got shipped out of KC because of his anger issues.

If he could've cleaned that up and eliminated his blow ups on the field, he would still be with the Chiefs, even with the kneeling.

Peters got shipped out of KC because of his anger issues.

If he could've cleaned that up and eliminated his blow ups on the field, he would still be with the Chiefs, even with the kneeling.

If this were the reason he was traded it only shows how weak the authority is on the team. There are infinite ways of disciplining players. This would have been a gift, not discipline.

I guess it human nature to take things like this to the extreme. I don't put a ton of stock in that interview because it doesn't serve him well to do anything other than say what he said. I think he couldn't control his anger and we probably didn't want to invest 100 million into a guy who can at times be uncontrollable. We traded him to a good situation for him and got some compensation in return. The MO this offseason seems to be working with the players we are getting rid of or are expendable. We didn't trade Alex to the Browns we cut DJ way before Free Agency and Parker as well to give them a chance to catch on.

I don't absolve the Chiefs of any or all wrong doing nor do I think Peters is some serial killer. I do think Veach has a plan in place and it's gettting executed and we will be busy this offseason.

I do find it interesting Peters wanted Alex and didn't want Mahomes......and maybe that was the final straw. Saying something about Mahomes knows how to find me. Only time will tell.

The thing you need to keep in mind while making racist accusations or wild accusations in favor of peters is, only 1 team really showed any interest and they weren't willing to give up compensating for what he should be worth as a player.

There might be warts on this kid the chiefs are hiding to not slander him. But a high majority of teams didn't want to touch him

I guess it human nature to take things like this to the extreme. I don't put a ton of stock in that interview because it doesn't serve him well to do anything other than say what he said. I think he couldn't control his anger and we probably didn't want to invest 100 million into a guy who can at times be uncontrollable. We traded him to a good situation for him and got some compensation in return. The MO this offseason seems to be working with the players we are getting rid of or are expendable. We didn't trade Alex to the Browns we cut DJ way before Free Agency and Parker as well to give them a chance to catch on.

I don't absolve the Chiefs of any or all wrong doing nor do I think Peters is some serial killer. I do think Veach has a plan in place and it's gettting executed and we will be busy this offseason.

I do find it interesting Peters wanted Alex and didn't want Mahomes......and maybe that was the final straw. Saying something about Mahomes knows how to find me. Only time will tell.

I wonder if him not being willing to support mahomes had a part in all of this. He is an opinionated person and might have been shooting off about this to freely in the locker room

1. Do you think he is a racist? A bad person? Has he besmirched the family name? Is he a bad owner?

2. What had he done to earn your respect to begin with? Will you stop going to games? Watching them? Does he know who you are or care that you are mad at him?

3. As a businessman does he have the right to move on from a player he may not like personally? Was that employee fired or did he wind up in an ideal situation for him?

4. I think the question we are all really asking is...would he have fought for the South in the Civil War?

1. I can't answer if he's racist and don't care. Bad person? He doesn't seem to be...besmirched the family name? No, he likely believes he's trying to uphold it. Bad owner? Can't answer that, but I can say this was a terrible move.

2. I treat everyone with respect until they show me they don't deserve it. That's how I was raised. Can they earn that back? Sure. The Chiefs are my team. I can't just cut ties. If I were a Colts fan I'd be irate with Irsay but they'd still be my team. I stated in the post you replied to that my opinion on this makes absolutely no difference to anyone. I can't control it but I don't have to like it.

3. The business man that fires someone that they don't like that adds value to your organization has issues that they need to work on. Traded/Fired? Kinda similar and Peters is going to a place he believes he will be happy.

4. This was tongue in cheek and in my opinion trying Add light to all of this.

The thing you need to keep in mind while making racist accusations or wild accusations in favor of peters is, only 1 team really showed any interest and they weren't willing to give up compensating for what he should be worth as a player.

There might be warts on this kid the chiefs are hiding to not slander him. But a high majority of teams didn't want to touch him

I think it's easy to say that no one else wanted him. I don't think this is the case. I think they asked him if he'd go to any or all of the teams. My guess is it was west coast or bust for him. Knowing they were petty for the reasons that they are trading him in the first place they acquiesced to his request.

I don't pretend that Peters wasn't difficult. I certainly think that if this were the only issue for trading him then the authority on the team was inappropriate and weak needs to be addressed.

Disclaimer: This is all personal opinion, it matters to absolutely no one else.

If this were the reason he was traded it only shows how weak the authority is on the team. There are infinite ways of disciplining players. This would have been a gift, not discipline.

Not true. 

I guarantee you if you throw a shit fit(screaming at co-workers or throwing stuff/breaking stuff) at your place of employment, you will be fired or given the choice of being fired vs seeking counseling.

All depending on how much they like you.  Trust me, I've seen it first hand.

The Chiefs worked with Peters for 3 years.  They had enough after the Jets game.

People with anger issues are ALWAYS on their best behavior after a huge blow up.  That's why Peters played so well and didn't cause any problems after the suspension.

If he doesn't seek professional help/counseling, IT WILL happen again.

The idea that John Dorsey is the best GM in football, who had no interest in Peters, but yet the Chiefs botched trading away Peters is hilarious. 

If the Chiefs truly got fleeced by the Rams, then wouldn't John Dorsey be all over acquiring Peters for a 4th this year and a 2nd next year? 

:ph34r:

We aren’t doing this in here.

Stop now.

Yet again, this is for the lr. Start a thread in there!

I wonder if him not being willing to support mahomes had a part in all of this. He is an opinionated person and might have been shooting off about this to freely in the locker room

It would fit the time frame and makes a lot of sense. To be honest it sounds more realistic thatvthis coupled with his hot temper made it mutually beneficial. Kinda sucks but neither side is spewing venom so I'm leaning towards believing that it's mutual.

Not true.

I guarantee you if you throw a shit fit(screaming at co-workers or throwing stuff/breaking stuff) at your place of employment, you will be fired or given the choice of being fired vs seeking counseling.

All depending on how much they like you. Trust me, I've seen it first hand.

The Chiefs worked with Peters for 3 years. They had enough after the Jets game.

People with anger issues are ALWAYS on their best behavior after a huge blow up. That's why Peters played so well and didn't cause any problems after the suspension.

If he doesn't seek professional help/counseling, IT WILL happen again.

It is true, just as your post is accurate as well. Did Peters ever go to counseling? How many times was Peters Suspended? Could that have been more? ***Was it even needed?***

Like I mentioned before, I don't absolve Peters of his unprofessional actions/attitude and I hope that the suspension truly had an effect on him.

I also believe that Clark Hunt didn't like/didn't understand Peters protest and didn't have an answer for it other than to get rid of it.

Opinion for sure and I would easily accept it if I'm wrong. It would be very hard to convince me of that though.

MMQB is saying the erratic behavior was the driving force, not the protests. Sounded like Andy amd Veach were driving this, not clark. There is more to this than we are hearing. Likely to protect peters.

You pretty much protect the players as Peters did with Reid. To make yourself an outcast in this business is never a good idea.

MMQB is saying the erratic behavior was the driving force, not the protests. Sounded like Andy amd Veach were driving this, not clark. There is more to this than we are hearing. Likely to protect peters.

This seems a little more believable. I still blame Alex Smith.

It is true, just as your post is accurate as well. Did Peters ever go to counseling? How many times was Peters Suspended? Could that have been more? ***Was it even needed?***

Like I mentioned before, I don't absolve Peters of his unprofessional actions/attitude and I hope that the suspension truly had an effect on him.

I also believe that Clark Hunt didn't like/didn't understand Peters protest and didn't have an answer for it other than to get rid of it.

Opinion for sure and I would easily accept it if I'm wrong. It would be very hard to convince me of that though.

Maybe, but I do know one thing, the anger blow ups on the field didn't help his cause.

And the team has no incentive to say anything negative not only for long-term view of class but also for retaining the trade in principle. It's not official and it would be surprising to take back, but you don't want to talk about your car being a lemon when you sell it. Of course, I am not calling Peters a lemon, but you could certainly make him look worse than he is or worse than what we speculate.

The roster turnover from 2012 to 2013 was about 50%, if I remember correctly.   Among others, he brought in Fisher, Kelce, Davis, Cooper, Parker, Abdullah, Avery, Howard, DeVito, Fasano, Schwartz.   He gets credit for the players he brought in and the roster turnover.  Some worked out better than others.  He was learning, but he did a good job overall in 2013.  He got better.   

I think someone else mentioned it but those players did not make significant on the field contributions to make us win 9 more games, Davis rushed for less than 300 yards, DeVito had 18 tackles, Parker only played corner and we remember how god awful he was until he switched to safety the following year.  Aside from Kelce who also just put up pedestrian numbers it wasn't the players that made the difference.  Also keep in mind, it's something you gloss over but if your A- factors in two first round draft picks in Fisher and Ford who clearly haven't lived up to expectation and all the contracts that he got fleeced on like a rookie negotiator the law of averages isn't on your side for all the positive things he did (and he for sure did) to get him up to a A-. 

I mean imagine if Veach messed up all these contracts, you would be your usual Stephen A Smith in here screaming at the top of your lungs how he was made to look like an amateur and bent over (especially by Sander's agent before going to Denver), but yet somehow because his name isn't Dorsey you won't treat it the same way.

Also just for the disclaimer before your resort to if anything says anything negative about Dorsey we are Chiefs/Veach/Hunt homers, I absolutely hate the Peters trade and thought Veach and whoever else screwed it up.

It would fit the time frame and makes a lot of sense. To be honest it sounds more realistic thatvthis coupled with his hot temper made it mutually beneficial. Kinda sucks but neither side is spewing venom so I'm leaning towards believing that it's mutual.

It makes no difference if Peters was for or against Alex being released, Mahomes starting etc.   Just another excuse for those trying to justify this ridiculously lopsided trade to come up with.  Marcus is a player.  He wants to win, period, and whatever gets wins, and him more money is what he's for.  He loved and supported Mahomes when he made great plays.   Like any other player who wanted to win.  

Archived