It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

I think someone else mentioned it but those players did not make significant on the field contributions to make us win 9 more games, Davis rushed for less than 300 yards, DeVito had 18 tackles, Parker only played corner and we remember how god awful he was until he switched to safety the following year.  Aside from Kelce who also just put up pedestrian numbers it wasn't the players that made the difference.  Also keep in mind, it's something you gloss over but if your A- factors in two first round draft picks in Fisher and Ford who clearly haven't lived up to expectation and all the contracts that he got fleeced on like a rookie negotiator the law of averages isn't on your side for all the positive things he did (and he for sure did) to get him up to a A-. 

I mean imagine if Veach messed up all these contracts, you would be your usual Stephen A Smith in here screaming at the top of your lungs how he was made to look like an amateur and bent over (especially by Sander's agent before going to Denver), but yet somehow because his name isn't Dorsey you won't treat it the same way.

Also just for the disclaimer before your resort to if anything says anything negative about Dorsey we are Chiefs/Veach/Hunt homers, I absolutely hate the Peters trade and thought Veach and whoever else screwed it up.

Of course, you conveniently forget all the Dorsey bashing I've done, but whatever you need to make a false narrative is what you'll use. 

The bottom line is results.   Dorsey had  great results.   Veach has a LONG WAY to go to get those results.   This stupid Peters giveaway, while probably not his fault, is not a good way to get there.  

Stephen A?   I wish I got his paycheck.  

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes no difference if Peters was for or against Alex being released, Mahomes starting etc.   Just another excuse for those trying to justify this ridiculously lopsided trade to come up with.  Marcus is a player.  He wants to win, period, and whatever gets wins, and him more money is what he's for.  He loved and supported Mahomes when he made great plays.   Like any other player who wanted to win.

In your opinion. (Not fact)

Of course, you conveniently forget all the Dorsey bashing I've done, but whatever you need to make a false narrative is what you'll use. 

The bottom line is results.   Dorsey had  great results.   Veach has a LONG WAY to go to get those results.   This stupid Peters giveaway, while probably not his fault, is not a good way to get there.  

Stephen A?   I wish I got his paycheck.  

You gave the guy an A-, how much bashing can you have done.  Trust me I didn't forget, your 'bashing' of him was 'oh you know, he had some bad contracts and made some bad picks BUT VEACH IS AN AMATEUR AND HAS A LONG WAY TO GO TO BE AS GOOD AS MY UNCLE, I MEAN DORSEY'

yea, you 'bashing' Dorsey isn't the same as you bashing people you don't like, sorry that's not a false narrative but just plain perception.  It's not you being consistent like you keep pumping yourself as, it's you being hypocritical like you accuse everyone else of being.

Look Dorsey did a good job, but you've already incorrectly given him credit for the 9 game turnaround his first year, two of his 1st round picks have been average at best (Fisher) and below average (Ford), he gave up two 2nd round picks for the guy you call the 'bum' and he's put us in some severe cap issues with contracts he's given players and that includes him getting bent over by Sander's agent and making us look like a fool.  The fact that even with all this you can still say he's a A- GM either shows your extreme bias to him or you are related.....

You gave the guy an A-, how much bashing can you have done. Trust me I didn't forget, your 'bashing' of him was 'oh you know, he had some bad contracts and made some bad picks BUT VEACH IS AN AMATEUR AND HAS A LONG WAY TO GO TO BE AS GOOD AS MY UNCLE, I MEAN DORSEY'

yea, you 'bashing' Dorsey isn't the same as you bashing people you don't like, sorry that's not a false narrative but just plain perception.

Veach first year as a GM, taking over right before training camp and we win a division. A+++

You gave the guy an A-, how much bashing can you have done.  Trust me I didn't forget, your 'bashing' of him was 'oh you know, he had some bad contracts and made some bad picks BUT VEACH IS AN AMATEUR AND HAS A LONG WAY TO GO TO BE AS GOOD AS MY UNCLE, I MEAN DORSEY'

yea, you 'bashing' Dorsey isn't the same as you bashing people you don't like, sorry that's not a false narrative but just plain perception.  It's not you being consistent like you keep pumping yourself as, it's you being hypocritical like you accuse everyone else of being.

Look Dorsey did a good job, but you've already incorrectly given him credit for the 9 game turnaround his first year, two of his 1st round picks have been average at best (Fisher) and below average (Ford), he gave up two 2nd round picks for the guy you call the 'bum' and he's put us in some severe cap issues with contracts he's given players and that includes him getting bent over by Sander's agent and making us look like a fool.  The fact that even with all this you can still say he's a A- GM either shows your extreme bias to him or you are related.....

Plenty.  He gets an A- for his overall record.   It was great.   Within that record were plenty of things I disagreed with and was vocal about.   

You continue to paint a false and ridiculous narrative.   Nothing new.  

Veach first year as a GM, taking over right before training camp and we win a division. A+++

Get back to me when Veach has been through Free Agency and a draft, and how that first season of such plays out.    

Right now, his record is extremely mixed, and he's the GM who pulled the trigger in one of the worst, most ridiculous, most lopsided trades the Chiefs have ever made.  I understand that the meddlesome owner probably forced his hand, but it's his responsibility as the lead football guy to make the owner understand how stupid it was, and to talk him out of it.  It'll still go on his record when evaluating it.  

Plenty. He gets an A- for his overall record. It was great. Within that record were plenty of things I disagreed with and was vocal about.

You continue to paint a false and ridiculous narrative. Nothing new.

Explain to me what’s false and ridiculous while I state facts and you just make blanket statements about him doing well enough to get an A-. Just because you repeat yourself over and over again doesn’t make it consistent if you have nothing to support it. Tell me how even with everything I said you either disagree with it or if you don’t what he did to make up enough to get him an A-. The bad picks and contracts are all included in the body of work so aside from your personal feelings what did he do to make up for that enough to get him that A-?

Explain to me what’s false and ridiculous while I state facts and you just make blanket statements about him doing well enough to get an A-. Just because you repeat yourself over and over again doesn’t make it consistent if you have nothing to support it. Tell me how even with everything I said you either disagree with it or if you don’t what he did to make up enough to get him an A-. The bad picks and contracts are all included in the body of work so aside from your personal feelings what did he do to make up for that enough to get him that A-?

The Chiefs were 2-14 before he got here.   He turned them around immediately, and his record when he controlled the draft and free agency was 53-27.  That's an A-.   One of the better records in the NFL during the years he controlled acquiring talent.  That's why he got a job so quickly.   The NFL knows how good he is.  Plenty of mistakes made within that period.   The grade is the overall result.   You disagree.   That's fine.  You are as entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.   

Andy B+, Clark D- since the firing of Dorsey, and falling fast with the latest horrid move.

So Andy gets less if a grade but he was the one to win and get the overall record. Makes sense lol. By the way, the w/l does not count this year towards Dorsey record. Dorsey was a C. He did good O the waiver wire, above average on drafts but horrible contracts and mishandling players plus no really good trade for players puts him at C. If he was so great he wouo d have not been fired. They were talking extension for awhile before he was fired and could not come to an agreement then he handled the way he did with Maclin. He was so good that he had so many other teams wanting him and he jumped on the first offer being Cleveland..... lol

I agree. Remember when you promised to come back and bash the Peters compensation, if it was as bad as was being speculated. It was worse, and all you do is defend it. That is pretty funny.

Maybe Its because I don't think it's bad compensation?

Short of 2 first round picks and another 2nd, which hasn't happened since 2003, you were gonna claim to hate the compensation no matter what.

Tell us, if John Dorsey is so great then why wasn't he in on the "fleecing" of Marcus Peters?

So Andy gets less if a grade but he was the one to win and get the overall record. Makes sense lol. By the way, the w/l does not count this year towards Dorsey record. Dorsey was a C. He did good O the waiver wire, above average on drafts but horrible contracts and mishandling players plus no really good trade for players puts him at C. If he was so great he wouo d have not been fired. They were talking extension for awhile before he was fired and could not come to an agreement then he handled the way he did with Maclin. He was so good that he had so many other teams wanting him and he jumped on the first offer being Cleveland..... lol

He was the top candidate.

He got fired in April and was hired immediately...in December

To be fair, how many times in the last 20 years has a th been fired and hired during the season? Curious to see the numbers but I bet most are just interim GMs until the season is over

If an idiot employer fires a great worker, I don't blame the worker.  The worker gets another job easily, as happened to Dorsey.  

He was the top candidate for the first 2 GM jobs that opened up in the 2017 season, and he took one of them, when that team didn't let him out of the building.  

Andy gets a slightly lesser grade because Dorsey was overall better at his job, then Andy was in his, IMO.  I said that at the time Dorsey was ridiculously fired.  There's that consistency thing again.   The 2 dreadful playoff losses Andy coached accounts for the slight difference, IMO.  

Maybe Its because I don't think it's bad compensation?

Short of 2 first round picks and another 2nd, which hasn't happened since 2003, you were gonna claim to hate the compensation no matter what.

Tell us, if John Dorsey is so great then why wasn't he in on the "fleecing" of Marcus Peters?

A guy who thought Peters was worth MORE than 2 1's, and promised to bash the compensation if it was as bad as initially reported, all of a sudden doesn't think less than a 4 and a following years 2 is bad compensation.  Total joke man, and thanks for the laughs, and the obvious hypocrisy.   

He was THE top candidate for the 2 jobs that opened up during the season.   The other teams had their GM"s in place when he was fired.    Thanks for the continuous laughs.  

A guy who thought Peters was worth MORE than 2 1's, and promised to bash the compensation if it was as bad as initially reported, all of a sudden doesn't think less than a 4 and a following years 2 is bad compensation. Total joke man, and thanks for the laughs, and the obvious hypocrisy.

God forbid somebody do the research and change their opinion without notifying you first or thinking "you know what? I forgot to let everyone know on that discussion board that I've changed my mind. I know DBG is gonna crucify me if I don't."

Lmaooooooooooo

Why didn't John Dorsey want Marcus Peters?

The Chiefs were 2-14 before he got here. He turned them around immediately, and his record when he controlled the draft and free agency was 53-27. That's an A-. One of the better records in the NFL during the years he controlled acquiring talent. That's why he got a job so quickly. The NFL knows how good he is. Plenty of mistakes made within that period. The grade is the overall result. You disagree. That's fine. You are as entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.

Well hopefullly you are consistent with other GM’s as you are with Dorsey. It seems to me if a GM has one first round pick who right now is a bust, a top pick who is now just an average LT, two second round picks on a ‘bum’ who he subsequently resigned and a third round pick who was cut within his first season you would score that differently if the GM had a different name. Then you add in all the horrific contracts and the terrible cap situation we are still stuck in which is the GM’s responsibility limiting us to bringing in more talent and again something you would crucify anyone not named Dorsey about we’ll see if that ‘consistency’ exists.

Archived