It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

He was THE top candidate for the 2 jobs that opened up during the season. The other teams had their GM"s in place when he was fired. Thanks for the continuous laughs.

What was it 3 teams that fired their gm right after the draft.

If he was as coveted as you claim moves couldve been made for him

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God forbid somebody do the research and change their opinion without notifying you first or thinking "you know what? I forgot to let everyone know on that discussion board that I've changed my mind. I know DBG is gonna crucify me if I don't."

Lmaooooooooooo

Why didn't John Dorsey want Marcus Peters?

Research = Uh Oh, I better change my position to try and justify the horrible return the team I blindly support the moves of, is getting fleeced, and I refuse to admit it, even though I promised I would.   

If Dorsey did or didn't want Peters for a year, and didn't want to give up draft choices, for a team that's in rebuilding mode, and not in Cali,  is none of my concern.  If you're so concerned, why don't you write him a letter and ask him, and report the answer back to us.?    

Research = Uh Oh, I better change my position to try and justify the horrible return the team I blindly support the moves of, is getting fleeced, and I refuse to admit it, even though I promised I would.

If Dorsey did or didn't want Peters for a year, and didn't want to give up draft choices, for a team that's in rebuilding mode, and not in Cali, is none of my concern. If you're so concerned, why don't you write him a letter and ask him, and report the answer back to us.?

I did write him a letter. He said i give myself a C+ grade overall.

Well hopefullly you are consistent with other GM’s as you are with Dorsey. It seems to me if a GM has one first round pick who right now is a bust, a top pick who is now just an average LT, two second round picks on a ‘bum’ who he subsequently resigned and a third round pick who was cut within his first season you would score that differently if the GM had a different name. Then you add in all the horrific contracts and the terrible cap situation we are still stuck in which is the GM’s responsibility limiting us to bringing in more talent and again something you would crucify anyone not named Dorsey about we’ll see if that ‘consistency’ exists.

I don't care what the name is, I care what the record is.   Dorsey has his final grade for the years he controlled the draft and free agency.  It's 53-27, and that warrants an A-, considering he took over a 2-14 team, quickly turned it around, and never had a losing season.  

Now it's Veach's turn.   More of Ragland, Butker, Alex trade, less of Revis, Marcus dump off, and he can earn a good grade also.   The team he inherited was a far better one then the team Dorsey inherited.   Dorsey left him Mahomes.  He also left him one of the best young CB's in the NFL.   Veach has somehow managed to blow the latter on his watch.   Not a promising start to his first year of full control.  

I did write him a letter. He said i give myself a C+ grade overall.

That's great.   I would expect him to be pretty hard on himself.   That's the type of guy he was.  That's why he got another job so quickly.  Would you print it out and post it here for us peons?     

If Dorsey did or didn't want Peters for a year, and didn't want to give up draft choices, for a team that's in rebuilding mode, and not in Cali, is none of my concern. If you're so concerned, why don't you write him a letter and ask him, and report the answer back to us.?

But according to you the Chiefs got fleeced, why should a great gm like Dorsey worry about giving up picks if it's a fleecing?

Its hilarious you hold the Chiefs to getting compensation for Peters the player when the reason that only 1 team was willing to acquire him is because of his anger issues and antics on the field.

For the record again, after making a ridiculous notion of 2 first round picks I figured I better go look at past trades to see how often that's happened and it hasn't happened since 2003.

If Peters didn't have anger issues the Chiefs definitely couldve gotten more.

Just keep ignoring the fact that only 2 teams wanted Peters and his troubles.

But according to you the Chiefs got fleeced, why should a great gm like Dorsey worry about giving up picks if it's a fleecing?

Its hilarious you hold the Chiefs to getting compensation for Peters the player when the reason that only 1 team was willing to acquire him is because of his anger issues and antics on the field.

For the record again, after making a ridiculous notion of 2 first round picks I figured I better go look at past trades to see how often that's happened and it hasn't happened since 2003.

Ricky Williams?

Well hopefullly you are consistent with other GM’s as you are with Dorsey. It seems to me if a GM has one first round pick who right now is a bust, a top pick who is now just an average LT, two second round picks on a ‘bum’ who he subsequently resigned and a third round pick who was cut within his first season you would score that differently if the GM had a different name. Then you add in all the horrific contracts and the terrible cap situation we are still stuck in which is the GM’s responsibility limiting us to bringing in more talent and again something you would crucify anyone not named Dorsey about we’ll see if that ‘consistency’ exists.

So with all the cap space and picks Cleveland has, we should see them win 9 games this year because Dorsey is an A grade gm....

What was it 3 teams that fired their gm right after the draft.

If he was as coveted as you claim moves couldve been made for him

Carolina fired their GM a couple of weeks after we did, and immediately brought back their old GM.  We fired Dorsey in June.   Who else?   

Dorsey was getting paid on the last year of his contract by the idiot owner for sitting at home.   

Of course he was coveted.  That's why he was the top candidate for the 2 jobs that opened in season.  

I ignore it because I have no idea if it's true or not, and it has no relevance.   If you shop a great player, and can't remotely get what the player is worth, and he's on a cheap contract, you keep him.   Unless you're meddlesome owner won't let you.  

You promised to bash the compensation way after you moved off your initial desire of 2 #1's plus.   You promised to bash it when it was being rumored what we'd get.  It was way worse than rumored, and then you shifted into full defend mode, like always, and here we are.  

So with all the cap space and picks Cleveland has, we should see them win 9 games this year because Dorsey is an A grade gm....

If they get the right QB(Cousins), and draft well(Barkley and a great D piece to go with Garrett)it wouldn't shock me, although their coach will have to be overcome for that to happen.  Likely it won't happen until Dorsey gets his Head Coach in the following year or 2.  

If they have to go with a rookie QB again, or a 5th tier guy in McCarron, probably not.  But their future looks pretty good.  If their idiot owner just stays out of it and lets Dorsey do work.  

I ignore it because I have no idea if it's true or not, and it has no relevance. If you shop a great player, and can't remotely get what the player is worth, and he's on a cheap contract, you keep him. Unless you're meddlesome owner won't let you.

You promised to bash the compensation way after you moved off your initial desire of 2 #1's plus. You promised to bash it when it was being rumored what we'd get. It was way worse than rumored, and then you shifted into full defend mode, like always, and here we are.

Shocking you would ignore the facts on how many teams were interested.

He's only worth what teams will pay.

You act like the Chiefs turned down all these offers for multiple first rounders.

His anger issues is why nobody wanted him and the price was what we got.

Without his anger issues he's still not worth the compensation you claim he was.

Like Albright said, if he couldve been had for more he would've

Peters has anger issues is why his value was diminished. You've clearly seen and known this

Without them he's still not worth the compensation you claim he was

I know he's a fierce competitor who lets his passions and emotions get the best of him.  There are plenty of those types in the NFL.   We still have some, NE has some, Philly has some, Denver has some, etc.  Good teams generally need some of those types.   

I would prefer if he didn't do dumb things like throwing a flag, just like I'd prefer that Kelce wouldn't do his stupid things.  But if a player is good enough, and they both were, you take the good with the bad.  

I don't know that he has anger issues. 

He was worth a lot more to the Chiefs, then he was to anyone else, simply because they already had him on a cheap contract, without giving up anything.   

If you can't remotely get what he was worth to your team, you keep him.   Unless a meddlesome owner won't let you.  

I know he's a fierce competitor who lets his passions and emotions get the best of him. There are plenty of those types in the NFL. We still have some, NE has some, Philly has some, Denver has some, etc. Good teams generally need some of those types.

I would prefer if he didn't do dumb things like throwing a flag, just like I'd prefer that Kelce wouldn't do his stupid things. But if a player is good enough, and they both were, you take the good with the bad.

I don't know that he has anger issues.

He was worth a lot more to the Chiefs, then he was to anyone else, simply because they already had him on a cheap contract, without giving up anything.

If you can't remotely get what he was worth to your team, you keep him. Unless a meddlesome owner won't let you.

Choked out his college coach but doesn't have anger issues.

That's great. I would expect him to be pretty hard on himself. That's the type of guy he was. That's why he got another job so quickly. Would you print it out and post it here for us peons?

He also wrote...

p.s. I'm not just being hard on myself, it's definitely a C+

p.s.s. please for the love of god, whatever you do don't post this letter to a message board.

Choked out his college coach but doesn't have anger issues.

Except he didn't:   http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/20/uw-huskies-call-report-that-marcus-peters-choked-coach-bull/

Anger issues are beating your spouse, or your child, or attacking a stranger on the street.   Not letting your emotions getting the best of you during a football game, because you're a fierce competitor.   Does Tom Brady have anger issues because he told his OC to F off?     

He also wrote...

p.s. I'm not just being hard on myself, it's definitely a C+

p.s.s. please for the love of god, whatever you do don't post this letter to a message board.

That's cool that you have such an intimate relationship with the new Browns GM.   Got some inside info we can make money from?   Cousins?   First Draft pick?   How long he'll stick with Hue?  

I don't care what the name is, I care what the record is.   Dorsey has his final grade for the years he controlled the draft and free agency.  It's 53-27, and that warrants an A-, considering he took over a 2-14 team, quickly turned it around, and never had a losing season.  

Now it's Veach's turn.   More of Ragland, Butker, Alex trade, less of Revis, Marcus dump off, and he can earn a good grade also.   The team he inherited was a far better one then the team Dorsey inherited.   Dorsey left him Mahomes.  He also left him one of the best young CB's in the NFL.   Veach has somehow managed to blow the latter on his watch.   Not a promising start to his first year of full control.

We can’t put everything into W/L unless you want to hitch your wagon to Alex the bum and his W/L record...

I give Dorsey a B-/C+, he blew it with contracts really hurting us in FA and the Ford pick hurts us but he did get guys like Kelce and Hill late as well as some good FA pickups. I just don’t know how you can ignore the extremely shitty cap situation we are in, that is going to hurt us for a bit and it is because he was a terrible negotiator, a primary role of a GM

We can’t put everything into W/L unless you want to hitch your wagon to Alex the bum and his W/L record...

I give Dorsey a B-/C+, he blew it with contracts really hurting us in FA and the Ford pick hurts us but he did get guys like Kelce and Hill late as well as some good FA pickups. I just don’t know how you can ignore the extremely shitty cap situation we are in, that is going to hurt us for a bit and it is because he was a terrible negotiator, a primary role of a GM

Was he a "terrible negotiator" when he didn't want to give Berry a long term contract, at the price he got, and the meddlesome owner stopped in and forced the signing of the contract?  

I know, acknowledge and have criticized him for, some bad contracts.   They are all part of his grade, and what prevented him from getting an A from me.  

Was he a "terrible negotiator" when he didn't want to give Berry a long term contract, at the price he got, and the meddlesome owner stopped in and forced the signing of the contract?

I know, acknowledge and have criticized him for, some bad contracts. They are all part of his grade, and what prevented him from getting an A from me.

Hali was horrible contract. Leaving JC in a year to long was horrible with a two year extension of 18 million. Maclin was horrible. Bowe was horrible but he got lucky that Bowe screwed himself. Grubbs was bad. Houston and Berry were signed a year to late and cost us. Th st is just off the top of my head. This is not an A grade gm.

Except he didn't: http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/20/uw-huskies-call-report-that-marcus-peters-choked-coach-bull/

Anger issues are beating your spouse, or your child, or attacking a stranger on the street. Not letting your emotions getting the best of you during a football game, because you're a fierce competitor. Does Tom Brady have anger issues because he told his OC to F off?

Bullshit! Those are direct sighs of anger management issues. You can slam a door and get arrested for dv if you scare someone enough to call the cops on you.

You're so full of shit.

You DO NOT know what you are talking about. You're just here to argue and troll. I know about anger management I've been through the training and counseling.

You have pissed off so many posters from here and scout, Luvhouse may be done we may never see him again because of you and you're 100% the reason people left the scout board.

GTFOH

Give me a break.

Of course you believe the report that Peters didn't choke his coach.

Let me guess you also don't believe that half the league didn't even have him on their draft board at all

I believe the report because it didn't happen, and those in a position to know said it didn't happen.  And they let Marcus participate in UW pro day, not the actions of a staff where the player choked a coach.   Why am I not surprised you believe in conspiracy theories with little facts behind them?   

I know, acknowledge and have criticized him for, some bad contracts. They are all part of his grade, and what prevented him from getting an A from me.

Berry and Houston are the only one who should have gotten a long term deal, all the other ones he screwed up is what is hurting us more. I wish the meddlesome owner would have stepped in on those deals.

Archived