It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously I’m not a mod, but my take is this. His arguments weren’t the problem, it was how they were presented, in a standoffish manner. The posts came across as if he cared more about the argument than the actual position , and he was very good at denigrating those who challenged his position, and that’s why it was disruptive. It was a case of treating a forum of likeminded people more like a court of law than as a forum. Bottom line, it wasn’t as respectful as it should have been.

I'd say more just relentlessly and purposefully antagonizing everyone in every thread.

Obviously I’m not a mod, but my take is this. His arguments weren’t the problem, it was how they were presented, in a standoffish manner. The posts came across as if he cared more about the argument than the actual position , and he was very good at denigrating those who challenged his position, and that’s why it was disruptive. It was a case of treating a forum of likeminded people more like a court of law than as a forum. Bottom line, it wasn’t as respectful as it should have been.

I'm no mod of course either:

Blue may have been insistent but to be perfectly fair he was only either defending his own opinion (to the death unfortunately) or using posters own words to show contradicton.

It's a shame that couldn't have been handled better by those whom he was proving their own previous points to. I learned long long ago on an old Chiefs email chain what Blue was about and while condescending at times, he generally backed up any argument/opinion he had with facts (usually your own against you) and rarely resorted to name calling (EDIT: Vulgarity) but very contrite.

To be perfectly honest I think many just couldn't sever ties and either ignore as they should have or ended the discussion w/o letting it get out of hand. Blue may have been a pain but he often had valid opinion to share. Even if it wasn't popular.

Yup good point, that’s my Stephen A Smith comparison of him. In the end his hard on for Dorsey did him in, everything he accused other posters of he did the same thing when it came to him defending his idol Dorsey. I tried to debate with him on it because I just couldn’t understand the logic and it never really happened so I probably should have also let it go.

In the end he’s probably a better fit for that other chiefs message board...

I'm no mod of course either:

Blue may have been insistent but to be perfectly fair he was only either defending his own opinion (to the death unfortunately) or using posters own words to show contradicton.

It's a shame that couldn't have been handled better by those whom he was proving their own previous points to. I learned long long ago on an old Chiefs email chain what Blue was about and while condescending at times, he generally backed up any argument/opinion he had with facts (usually your own against you) and rarely resorted to name calling (EDIT: Vulgarity) but very contrite.

To be perfectly honest I think many just couldn't sever ties and either ignore as they should have or ended the discussion w/o letting it get out of hand. Blue may have been a pain but he often had valid opinion to share. Even if it wasn't popular.

He’s knowledgeable, but he also lets it go to his head. I learned a long time ago on another board not to take the bait, because he’ll drag it on forever. I learned that on a position that I actually agreed with him on, but watched it spiral because it became a battle of who got the last word. That’s why I never really had an argument with him, because I knew how it would end, so it was better not to play in. I have nothing personal against him, just not someone I wanted to debate with.

Pretty comical. Marcus Peters considers tackling (or lack therof at times) to be a "business decision."

Robinson said: "I'm asking you, what's up with tackling?"

As they were talking, a video showed Peters stripping the ball away from Jamaal Charles during a game last fall.

Peters pointed to the screen and said: "Right there, look."

Robinson countered: "Don't get me wrong, that's going to get the ball..."

"Sometimes you've got to make a business decision," Peters said. "It's a business decision."

"What do you mean a business decision?" Robinson said with a laugh. "Your business is to tackle."

"Yeah, but if he's running," Peters said, "other people have a job, too."

Yup good point, that’s my Stephen A Smith comparison of him. In the end his hard on for Dorsey did him in, everything he accused other posters of he did the same thing when it came to him defending his idol Dorsey. I tried to debate with him on it because I just couldn’t understand the logic and it never really happened so I probably should have also let it go.

In the end he’s probably a better fit for that other chiefs message board...

I left the other Chiefs message board b/c of the same stuff that is starting to happen here.  It was very negative and everyone resorted to name calling.  it wasn't enjoyable to read. 

Blue just lacked respect for anyone's opinion and maybe he just needs a breather. 

Pretty comical. Marcus Peters considers tackling (or lack therof at times) to be a "business decision."

Robinson said: "I'm asking you, what's up with tackling?"

As they were talking, a video showed Peters stripping the ball away from Jamaal Charles during a game last fall.

Peters pointed to the screen and said: "Right there, look."

Robinson countered: "Don't get me wrong, that's going to get the ball..."

"Sometimes you've got to make a business decision," Peters said. "It's a business decision."

"What do you mean a business decision?" Robinson said with a laugh. "Your business is to tackle."

"Yeah, but if he's running," Peters said, "other people have a job, too."

He was just avoiding injury like he would have done again this year. That will hurt his money. He better get over it.

Archived