It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

He was just avoiding injury like he would have done again this year. That will hurt his money. He better get over it.

Agreed. It's a huge flaw in his mindset and it wasn't an issue after the suspension where someone likely reminded him of it.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terez A. Paylor‏Verified account @TerezPaylor 2m2 minutes ago

Andy Reid can’t comment directly on Marcus Peters because the trade isn’t finalized yet, but he says there has never been a mandate from chairman Clark Hunt to make any move.

Let's assume we believe Reid isn't taking the blunt end of the sword yet again with his comments, this would put me squarely on the "let Reid go...Now...Immediately" bandwagon. Not being able to control elite level talent (when that's what you are known for) at a very good price for the near future is an absolute travesty. Shame on you and take the horse you rode in on right back out of town please. Sets a horrible precedent to current and possible future players that they can control what happens to them. I don't want that anywhere near my team, no matter how many regular season games you win.

Now I don't believe this, because from everything I just said, and all it implies, it makes absolutely no logical sense. Otherwise Hunt should and would fire Reid immediately for compromising his team's chances and not living up to his position as the teams head coach. I bet I can guess why this won't happen...This was protest driven. Plain and simple. Inexcusable.

Pretty comical. Marcus Peters considers tackling (or lack therof at times) to be a "business decision."

Robinson said: "I'm asking you, what's up with tackling?"

As they were talking, a video showed Peters stripping the ball away from Jamaal Charles during a game last fall.

Peters pointed to the screen and said: "Right there, look."

Robinson countered: "Don't get me wrong, that's going to get the ball..."

"Sometimes you've got to make a business decision," Peters said. "It's a business decision."

"What do you mean a business decision?" Robinson said with a laugh. "Your business is to tackle."

"Yeah, but if he's running," Peters said, "other people have a job, too."

Marcus Peters is as sharp as a bowl of jello

Let's assume we believe Reid isn't taking the blunt end of the sword yet again with his comments, this would put me squarely on the "let Reid go...Now...Immediately" bandwagon. Not being able to control elite level talent (when that's what you are known for) at a very good price for the near future is an absolute travesty. Shame on you and take the horse you rode in on right back out of town please. Sets a horrible precedent to current and possible future players that they can control what happens to them. I don't want that anywhere near my team, no matter how many regular season games you win.

Now I don't believe this, because from everything I just said, and all it implies, it makes absolutely no logical sense. Otherwise Hunt should and would fire Reid immediately for compromising his team's chances and not living up to his position as the teams head coach. I bet I can guess why this won't happen...This was protest driven. Plain and simple. Inexcusable.

We have picked up Fuller and Amerson and have the draft and a lot of cash freed up. I think it's appropriate to see how we further address the cornerback position before we judge the offseason and this move in particular. It's been rehashed a lot, but there were valid reasons to move on from Peters.

The idea that John Dorsey is the best GM in football, who had no interest in Peters, but yet the Chiefs botched trading away Peters is hilarious.

If the Chiefs truly got fleeced by the Rams, then wouldn't John Dorsey be all over acquiring Peters for a 4th this year and a 2nd next year?

:ph34r:

John Dorsey is the worst GM in Chiefs history when it comes to cap management. Carl was below average but not nearly as bad and Pioli was actually quite good as the cap, specifically the Charles deal. He left Dorsey with a ton of money.

The Bowe contract was horrific. Thank god Bowe helped us out.

Dunta Robinson, waiting in Houston, waiting on Berry, Tamba contract. He also paid Bennie Logan $8 million!

It’s nothing short of insanity to give Dorsey and A for that garbage.

We have picked up Fuller and Amerson and have the draft and a lot of cash freed up. I think it's appropriate to see how we further address the cornerback position before we judge the offseason and this move in particular. It's been rehashed a lot, but there were valid reasons to move on from Peters.

That's a wonderful opinion. I disagree with it immensely but that's ok too.

The idea that Hunt would or should fire Reid over the handling of 1 player is so ignorant I dont even know where to start.

Our HC has 194 wins in 19 seasons as a HC. He is the face of our franchise. He is the one who connects with every player on this roster. How many current coaches owe their start to him?

How many elite level players has he reached in his 2 decades as a HC? What did Marcus Peters say in his interview after the trade about his relationship with " Big Red" as he called him?

There needs to be a better adjective than "stupid" for this idea. Even if it was 100% Reid and had nothing to do with the protest. Essentially saying that trading a malcontent CB would be the deciding factor in terminating a future Hall of Fame head coach who is loved by his players and respected league wide, is just utterly asinine.

Mismanaging? Wait, so Peters, as a professional football player and a grown man bears no responsibility? Reid did what he thought was best for his football team.

Of course Peters bears responsibility. I've said that a number of times already. The talent cannot control the team and their own wishes. That's a failure on the coaches for not appropriating discipline properly in order for it not to continue as a distraction.

Marcus Peters is an elite level talent. He should have been controlled or disciplined. He signed a legally binding contract that while yes, can be amended for good play/behavior, should not be rewarded for poor behavior. He got exactly what he wanted and was entirely mismanaged by a head coach known for being able to relate to problem players.

This sets a terrible precedent for present and future players that they can control the situation with their behavior.

Unless of course it was a decree from Hunt due to the Protest which is despicable in and of itself. But Andy wants to take the heat...Hunt should WANT to fire him.

Of course Peters bears responsibility. I've said that a number of times already. The talent cannot control the team and their own wishes. That's a failure on the coaches for not appropriating discipline properly in order for it not to continue as a distraction.

Marcus Peters is an elite level talent. He should have been controlled or disciplined. He signed a legally binding contract that while yes, can be amended for good play/behavior, should not be rewarded for poor behavior. He got exactly what he wanted and was entirely mismanaged by a head coach known for being able to relate to problem players.

This sets a terrible precedent for present and future players that they can control the situation with their behavior.

Unless of course it was a decree from Hunt due to the Protest which is despicable in and of itself. But Andy wants to take the heat...Hunt should WANT to fire him.

A head coach should never ever be forced to keep a player that he cannot work with. And some people can't be reached. Marcus seems to be one of those people. It is not the job of the coaching staff to babysit these guys. They are professionals. And his second contract is now seriously diminished from what it would have been had he kept his nose clean. Players are not going to emulate him in part because they know that. He has literally cost himself millions of dollars.

A head coach should never ever be forced to keep a player that he cannot work with. And some people can't be reached. Marcus seems to be one of those people. It is not the job of the coaching staff to babysit these guys. They are professionals. And his second contract is now seriously diminished from what it would have been had he kept his nose clean. Players are not going to emulate him in part because they know that. He has literally cost himself millions of dollars.

I agree, That's Peters problem to deal with.

Ultimately they signed off to draft him. If he was insubordinate or a distraction, or both that should have been dealt with appropriately. It obviously wasn't.

I agree, That's Peters problem to deal with.

Ultimately they signed off to draft him. If he was insubordinate or a distraction, or both that should have been dealt with appropriately. It obviously wasn't.

How do you deal with it? He was suspended, in both college and the pros. He was fined. He was ultimately kicked off his college team. It's easy to say just deal with it appropriately, but some people can't seem to get it. Not just the Chiefs. Haynesworth, Pacman Jones, Ocho Cinco, Randy Moss, Bill Romanowski, Terrell Owens. There's a lot of very talented guys that just can't get their head on right.

How do you deal with it? He was suspended, in both college and the pros. He was fined. He was ultimately kicked off his college team. It's easy to say just deal with it appropriately, but some people can't seem to get it. Not just the Chiefs. Haynesworth, Pacman Jones, Ocho Cinco, Randy Moss, Bill Romanowski, Terrell Owens. There's a lot of very talented guys that just can't get their head on right.

After his suspension he was the model citizen. Perhaps that should have been done sooner? I don't care to be honest, it's not my problem. I didn't draft a known issue.

After his suspension he was the model citizen. Perhaps that should have been done sooner? I don't care to be honest, it's not my problem. I didn't draft a known issue.

I didn't draft him either. And neither did Andy. I'm sure they did what they thought was best. Ultimately they felt like he was not worth it.

I didn't draft him either. And neither did Andy. I'm sure they did what they thought was best. Ultimately they felt like he was not worth it.

What they did was let an elite talent walk out of Kansas City on his own volition. Embarrassing and mismanaged.

Archived