It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

No. They traded him. And to my knowledge it’s the only gun to head trade in Kansas City since Greinke.

So you don't see Peters behavior as one of the main reasons, if not THE main reason he was traded then?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What they did was let an elite talent walk out of Kansas City on his own volition. Embarrassing and mismanaged.

I agree we let a talented guy out of KC.  But it is neither embarrassing or mismanagement on the Chiefs' part.  They took a gamble on a talented guy, hoping that he could mature.  If this is embarrassing for anyone it is Marcus.  I wish him the best.  A life change sometimes does that.

For our gamble, we got several quality years at CB and some draft picks back.  It was worth the gamble.  Obviously we would have rather had him choose a better path.

The idea that Hunt would or should fire Reid over the handling of 1 player is so ignorant I dont even know where to start.

Our HC has 194 wins in 19 seasons as a HC. He is the face of our franchise. He is the one who connects with every player on this roster. How many current coaches owe their start to him?

How many elite level players has he reached in his 2 decades as a HC? What did Marcus Peters say in his interview after the trade about his relationship with " Big Red" as he called him?

There needs to be a better adjective than "stupid" for this idea. Even if it was 100% Reid and had nothing to do with the protest. Essentially saying that trading a malcontent CB would be the deciding factor in terminating a future Hall of Fame head coach who is loved by his players and respected league wide, is just utterly asinine.

A perfectly ok opinion. Mine just differs. Apologies.

I agree we let a talented guy out of KC. But it is neither embarrassing or mismanagement on the Chiefs' part. They took a gamble on a talented guy, hoping that he could mature. If this is embarrassing for anyone it is Marcus. I wish him the best. A life change sometimes does that.

For our gamble, we got several quality years at CB and some draft picks back. It was worth the gamble. Obviously we would have rather had him choose a better path.

A good take and I agree, Marcus suffers here in more ways than one.

I'll also contend we had two more "quality" years we could have gotten out of him unless he hurts himself further by holding out. Again, his problem. Not ours. And who knows, ***longshot***, but maybe he matures in those following years and becomes the hall of fame CB his talent dictates. Maybe not. Maybe he further stains his rep, holds out, doesn't play or get paid and we cut him for nothing in two years.

Two extremes and neither would likely happen but if "Big Red" is the father figure Peters suggests at least it wouldn't be the Owner imposing a ridiculous decree to get rid of an elite talent because of a protest he doesn't understand and doesn't want to be linked to.

A good take and I agree, Marcus suffers here in more ways than one.

I'll also contend we had two more "quality" years we could have gotten out of him unless he hurts himself further by holding out. Again, his problem. Not ours. And who knows, ***longshot***, but maybe he matures in those following years and becomes the hall of fame CB his talent dictates. Maybe not. Maybe he further stains his rep, holds out, doesn't play or get paid and we cut him for nothing in two years.

Two extremes and neither would likely happen but if "Big Red" is the father figure Peters suggests at least it wouldn't be the Owner imposing a ridiculous decree to get rid of an elite talent because of a protest he doesn't understand and doesn't want to be linked to.

I think it's a matter of circumstance.  If Mahomes is a 5 year veteran and some key pieces on the team are solidified, we are in a better position to take a chance on a potential malcontent.  I think it's the transition period to younger guys, and we don't want to take a chance on that spilling over to young guys who are going to be cornerstones of the next decade.  I'm not debating whether that's right or wrong, I'm just saying I think that's a big part of what you see here.

I think it's a matter of circumstance. If Mahomes is a 5 year veteran and some key pieces on the team are solidified, we are in a better position to take a chance on a potential malcontent. I think it's the transition period to younger guys, and we don't want to take a chance on that spilling over to young guys who are going to be cornerstones of the next decade. I'm not debating whether that's right or wrong, I'm just saying I think that's a big part of what you see here.

A good take also, but doesn't excuse what happened in my personal opinion.

A good take also, but doesn't excuse what happened in my personal opinion.

I don't think we will ever truly know what happened, so personal opinion is all any of us will ever have.  When it comes to in house stuff like this, no one is ever really forthcoming, and there will be a lot of contradictory statements, as well as a lot of non statements.  I really doubt the truth is ever public knowledge.

I don't think we will ever truly know what happened, so personal opinion is all any of us will ever have. When it comes to in house stuff like this, no one is ever really forthcoming, and there will be a lot of contradictory statements, as well as a lot of non statements. I really doubt the truth is ever public knowledge.

Agreed

After his suspension he was the model citizen. Perhaps that should have been done sooner? I don't care to be honest, it's not my problem. I didn't draft a known issue.

I said this earlier, but people with anger issues are always on their best behavior after a huge blowup. They feel guilty and remorseful but it wears off.

He will blow up again unless he seeks professional help and even then it's not a guarantee it won't happen again.

I said this earlier, but people with anger issues are always on their best behavior after a huge blowup. They feel guilty and remorseful but it wears off.

He will blow up again unless he seeks professional help and even then it's not a guarantee it won't happen again.

It is hard to do. I take medication along with counseling to keep in check. PTSD is no joke but having a good group of friends and my lovely wife and kids help me a lot.

Signability also a big part of the equation. Behavior expedited the process.

Not sure I understand what you are going for here. I hadn't mentioned anything about resigning anyone. There was at least one year of contract left, two if the 5th year option is exercised. Decisions on resiginging can be worried about later. You have a CB that is producing top 5 in the NFL in a distressed year...you can wait it out in my eyes for at least another year of production and not give him away.

Its possible that Andy told Marcus if he comes back from suspension and doesn’t cause any problems, we would try to trade him.

Being stubborn and inflexible is one thing. Being condescending in the process was another. You notice most of his arguments were him against about 15 people because of his jaded viewpoints. And he would literally try to belittle and talk down to every single person he responded to in a given thread.

You and I have had issues but weve worked through them because we arent assholes. Well Im kind of an asshole, but not to the point where I am unwilling to see both sides of an argument. He wasnt capable of that because he KNEW he was always right.

I always liked how he would call out Alex Smith in the past on Scout boards . But in the last month he had literally opined that Reid, Veach, and Hunt all 3 are the wrong people for their jobs. I started wondering if he even liked the Chiefs.

Being stubborn and inflexible is one thing. Being condescending in the process was another. You notice most of his arguments were him against about 15 people because of his jaded viewpoints. And he would literally try to belittle and talk down to every single person he responded to in a given thread.

You and I have had issues but weve worked through them because we arent assholes. Well Im kind of an asshole, but not to the point where I am unwilling to see both sides of an argument. He wasnt capable of that because he KNEW he was always right.

I always liked how he would call out Alex Smith in the past on Scout boards . But in the last month he had literally opined that Reid, Veach, and Hunt all 3 are the wrong people for their jobs. I started wondering if he even liked the Chiefs.

Asshole. ????

What if Mex moves to the big apple?

That should be our code where if we don't like somebody, we should tell him to move to the big apple.

Obviously, my comment has nothing to do with Mex, just with the idea of Xen banning all people from New York.

It is hard to do. I take medication along with counseling to keep in check. PTSD is no joke but having a good group of friends and my lovely wife and kids help me a lot.

Do you take medication and counseling specifically for Anger Management?

The statement you quoted me on was about Peters, not DBG, but I guess it would still hold true lol.

He was definitely an asshole and anyone having a conversation with him had to be one just to get their point across.

In the end, he was just never willing to give in or re-evaluate his opinions.  In life, if I look around and the people around me have a different view or opinion on something than I do, I evaluate that and consider "hey, everyone around me is saying otherwise, maybe I'm wrong?"   He would never do that.

I absolutely believe this is possible. And find it appalling.

Thing is this is clearly what Marcus Peters wanted. And clearly what Andy Reid thought was in the best interest of the football team. To me as long as it wasn’t a political statement by the organization, I can live with and decision whether I agree or not.

To me the ideal thing would have been to try and rehab his image and get more compensation. Big Red didn’t trust we could do that so we moved on and got what we could.

In short with Alex we sold high and got more than nearly anyone thought possible. With Marcus we sold low and got less than nearly anyone would have thought a year ago. One was a high character guy and the other not so much. But Andy didn’t discriminate and ultimately made decisions he believes will best serve team long term. Both moves probably weaken team in short term.

Thing is this is clearly what Marcus Peters wanted. And clearly what Andy Reid thought was in the best interest of the football team. To me as long as it wasn’t a political statement by the organization, I can live with and decision whether I agree or not.

To me the ideal thing would have been to try and rehab his image and get more compensation. Big Red didn’t trust we could do that so we moved on and got what we could.

In short with Alex we sold high and got more than nearly anyone thought possible. With Marcus we sold low and got less than nearly anyone would have thought a year ago. One was a high character guy and the other not so much. But Andy didn’t discriminate and ultimately made decisions he believes will best serve team long term. Both moves probably weaken team in short term.

If it's not Andy's fault, it's Clarks political disaster. If you can find another reason I'm all ears. Eyes in this case. Both of the above reasons set a horrible precedent.

Look, I'm livid, but the anger will pass and I'll have to settle for the ugly truth. I'll get over it too. I'm just a stain on a rug but now my favorite franchise/form of entertainment, is an ugly black mark. To me of course.

If it's not Andy's fault, it's Clarks political disaster. If you can find another reason I'm all ears. Eyes in this case. Both of the above reasons set a horrible precedent.

Look, I'm livid, but the anger will pass and I'll have to settle for the ugly truth. I'll get over it too. I'm just a stain on a rug but now my favorite franchise/form of entertainment, is an ugly black mark. To me of course.

I believe Clark Hunt has nothing to do with this other than sharing his opinion. If Andy thought it was best to keep Peters, he’d still be here. I’m extremely confident in that. This has zero to do with politics and everything to do with personality, character, chemistry and signability.

Should add I’m not trying to beat a dead horse or even talk you out of being upset. Just trying to better understand your point of view.

The statement you quoted me on was about Peters, not DBG, but I guess it would still hold true lol.

He was definitely an asshole and anyone having a conversation with him had to be one just to get their point across.

In the end, he was just never willing to give in or re-evaluate his opinions. In life, if I look around and the people around me have a different view or opinion on something than I do, I evaluate that and consider "hey, everyone around me is saying otherwise, maybe I'm wrong?" He would never do that.

And you don't need everyone. One person can be going against the grain who is right and changes your mind. Listening to other people's opinions if they're not trolling should make people more knowledgeable. There are a lot of exceptions in this world, of course, as some people have really stupid ideas, core beliefs, but as long as you are sane you should be able sift through those.

I believe Clark Hunt has nothing to do with this other than sharing his opinion. If Andy thought it was best to keep Peters, he’d still be here. I’m extremely confident in that. This has zero to do with politics and everything to do with personality, character, chemistry and signability.

Should add I’m not trying to beat a dead horse or even talk you out of being upset. Just trying to better understand your point of view.

Heres that dead horse...with your view (in my opinion) Andy Reid should be fired. And Clark Hunt should be spearheading the campaign. Not being able to control your talent, not just talent, elite level talent, potentially detracts from the Franchise. Monetarily for one, potential for success is number two, and ultimately it sets the precedent that present and future players can use their behavior to get what they want. A horrible precedent to set. Also potentially hurting the overall franchise and brand.

Take that how you will. Shrug it off even. Cool. It's disgraceful to me and I'd fire him in a heartbeat. I bet you're all glad I'm not the owner huh lol.

The other side of the spectrum (where it *is* a political move by Hunt) is even worse.

Archived