It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tucker Hagedorn @Tuckhag

Tucker Hagedorn Retweeted Benjamin Allbright

He’s probably right. Chiefs fans bitched about Alex then complained when they drafted Mahomes. Chiefs fans bitch about Peters & now bitch when the guys that deal w him everyday get the best they can Can’t win w some of you

Like I've been told in the past, this entertainment and as so you must cater to your audience. If they had kept him because of fans wouldn't that be dan appeasement as well?

The Chiefs are welcome to do that, but I can't be convinced they prioritize winning over everything else.

They prioritized business interests first with this move.

How do you ignore members here. I still can't find the place to do it.

Probably should start with ignoring this guy:

Yeah hes not going anywhere. Theres nothing here but baseless speculation. They cant replace Peters no matter what kind of compensation they got back, because corners with hiis ability flat arent available every year. In my opinion he is the best cover corner in football and can be controlled for 2 more years on a rookie deal. Thats not someone to move on from.

Veach has stated that his methodology includes building through the draft, RETAINING THEIR OWN SECOND CONTRACT PLAYERS, and being selective in outside free agency. 

Tucker Hagedorn‏ @Tuckhag

Tucker Hagedorn Retweeted Benjamin Allbright

He’s probably right. Chiefs fans bitched about Alex then complained when they drafted Mahomes. Chiefs fans bitch about Peters & now bitch when the guys that deal w him everyday get the best they can Can’t win w some of you

Who complained when we drafted Mahomes?

We were 29th already in passing yards allowed last year with Peters though. Nelson being healthy upgrades the slot. Amerson is on a prove it year and can't be as bad as Gaines. Berry is back there which helps tremendously. The factor here is Fuller, if he moves to Peters side or does he line up in the #1 WR no matter where? Of course there is still FA to go through so no idea what we may do there along with cuts still to come like Hali? If we give up more yards than the almost 4k next from last year, do we blame it all on not having Peters? I will miss the turnovers he created but he also gave up the long ball and penalties too. Just have to wait and see how it all shakes out? Still I would have thought we got better picks in the deal. Even if they are giving up yards and our defense fails.....silver lining then would be Sutton is gone. We will have to see if they can improve that front 7.

Gaines was depth and right now Amerson is your #2 CB. He only saw the field because Nelson went down in camp.

The Chiefs were gashed because Gaines was an instant completion and Mitchell couldn't cover forever, because they had zero penetration.

They took a step back when they direly need to take a step forward on Defense.

Then you don't trade him...

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article202034504.html

Even McVay is admitting that Peters is going to be a project when it comes to his maturity...judging by what he says and not by what he isn't saying. Things must have been really bad, you know things that just don't make it out of the locker room. Not surprising because Reid always sticks up for the players, even when he is ushering them out the door.

That said, is keeping him really worth it when you're likely only going to get less in a trade down the road? This freaking sucks for us fans but we are not on the team, we are not in the locker room, we are not working for Clark Hunt. He has the right to run his company however the fuck he wants.

Gaines was depth and right now Amerson is your #2 CB. He only saw the field because Nelson went down in camp.

The Chiefs were gashed because Gaines was an instant completion and Mitchell couldn't cover forever, because they had zero penetration.

Gaines, Mitchell and Akers were our #2 cb. Thast said having Amerson can't be that bad. Nelson for a full year in the slot will be better than Gaines there. That leaves Fuller to see if he can do again what he did in the slot for Peters spot. Again though, everyone seemed to excel more with Berry being in there, I hope this is what tips the secondary in our favor because the trade did not do not with the compensation we got. Who know though what else we will do with FA and picks. Just does hurt to lose a rookie deal with his talent for what we got. There has to be more to it that we may hear about or possibly see with Peters and how he does in LA. I do not think we are done. I can see Bailey, Parker and Hali cuts coming next as possibilities which frees up more cap space.

the off-season hasn't even started yet.  We've made 2 huge trades before we can even really do so.

I'm pretty sure they'll address the holes at CB in FA or the draft but we have to get there first.

Yeah hes not going anywhere. Theres nothing here but baseless speculation. They cant replace Peters no matter what kind of compensation they got back, because corners with hiis ability flat arent available every year. In my opinion he is the best cover corner in football and can be controlled for 2 more years on a rookie deal. Thats not someone to move on from.

Veach has stated that his methodology includes building through the draft, RETAINING THEIR OWN SECOND CONTRACT PLAYERS, and being selective in outside free agency. 

No where near the best cover CB in football.............he holds or interferes on EVERY play........and gets beat with the deep jump ball.  What were you watching last year?

Of course you can.    If you don't get even close to what someone's worth, keep him.   No urgency to trade him.   Unless Hunt wanted him gone for non Football reasons, no matter what.  Which is a HUGE problem going forward.  

They didn't want to pay option. Do you not get that? We got what we has worth because we were done with him. It's that simple. Criticize Andy all you want for that. McVay was willing to take on what few other coaches were. Plus that was one of the few places they thought they could get Peters to extend his contract. Again a CRUCIAL part of this whole deal whether you understand that or not.

Yeah hes not going anywhere. Theres nothing here but baseless speculation. They cant replace Peters no matter what kind of compensation they got back, because corners with hiis ability flat arent available every year. In my opinion he is the best cover corner in football and can be controlled for 2 more years on a rookie deal. Thats not someone to move on from.Veach has stated that his methodology includes building through the draft, RETAINING THEIR OWN SECOND CONTRACT PLAYERS, and being selective in outside free agency.

Because I was wrong about a prediction?Seriously??

Shut the fuck up you condescending prick. You singlehandedly make this place less pleasant to come to, and pollute nearly every thread you participate in.

Lets take a poll and see which regular poster here the board is least fond of. I think you would win running away. As soon as someone tells me how to ignore you, its as good as done. I wish someone would trade YOU to a Cleveland board where you could go support that guy you miss so much.

the off-season hasn't even started yet.  We've made 2 huge trades before we can even really do so.

I'm pretty sure they'll address the holes at CB in FA or the draft but we have to get there first.

Well sure, they will have to if they actually want to field a better Defense.

They basically just spent the capital they received to fill the hole they just made. The return was balls.

Because I was wrong about a prediction??

Seriously??

Shut the fuck up you condescending prick. You singlehandedly make this place less pleasant to come to, and pollute nearly every thread you participate in.

Lets take a poll and see which regular poster here the board is least fond of. I think you would win running away. As soon as someone tells me how to ignore you, its as good as done. I wish someone would trade YOU to a Cleveland board where you could go support that guy you miss so much.

This!

Because I was wrong about a prediction??

Seriously??

Reported for name calling.    Thanks sweetie.  I know it's tough to have to defend your own words.  

Would you trade Alex Smith and Marcus Peters for Kendall Fuller a 2, 3 and 4? Also freeing up 17 million dollars and ckearing the way for Mahomes?

Knowing what we know now though I thought Peters trade would have brought more. One great trade for Smith, one not so great for Peters. Thing is this does not seem so bad but the 17 million cap space also means you have to use it wisely. Pay a CB that much to offset the lost of Peters and it does not look so great now. Something more to this so it will be a wait and see. We can say we saved a 9.5 million hit next year on option year for Peters who probably would have held out by bot signing it for a while. We also get 2 picks now in the 2nd round next year along with our first pick and a lot of cap space. This trade still was not great but it was more of a future type deal that we will have to see on all sides when it is done.

Reported for name calling? What are you a 9 year old? Lmao.

Unfortunately around here, the responder to name calling gets warned.  I was told to report name calling instead of responding to it, by the head of the place.   I'd much rather respond, but I follow the rules.   Lets see if the mods follow their own.  

Because I was wrong about a prediction?Seriously??

It’s best to just ignore him. He’s clearly trolling and trying to get a rise out of posters.

At first I thought he was just uneducated. Now I know he’s a troll

Archived