It's a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd for Peters

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strap me in on the “I’m sooo glad this retarded thug loser is out with the trash” wagon. Now I’m excited to see what we we do with that 2nd! The extras are icing on the cake for me! Woo hoooo!! No better example of addition through subtraction baby! Yes! A 2nd and then some works perfectly for me! Bring on the Mahomes Era and prepare others for butt-whoopin they are about to receive!

Oh, and dbg, eat a bag o dicks :}

Are you talking grades for trades or over all grade so far? Dorsey hardly ever made trades and had 4 years as a GM. Veach so far has less than a year under his belt but is pointing it to get younger(other than Peters) it seems, manage cap space and we have yet to see a draft. Hard to trade him yet but giving Dorsey an A-? If he was an A grade type GM he would still be here. The Maclin fiasco shows alone he was not an A GM. For the contract handed high in and they way he was released to contracts given out to older and aging players etc. He could find talent on the roster cuts and such though but Veach has not done so bad with our kicker, Ragland and the 1 year deal to Amerson so far.

He got a new job immediately, and was the top candidate at both early openings.   Easy to grade Dorsey an A-.  Look at what he inherited, and look where he took us, quickly, and it was sustained.   Kept us an extremely young team for his entire tenure, and planned to continue it with the way the contracts were structured for 2018 cuttability.  Of course, he wouldn't have been stupid enough to Trade Peters for what he was traded for, so that's likely part of the reason he's gone.  Wasn't willing to be a puppet.   Lost a power struggle.  

Dorsey made plenty of trades, some good, some bad, https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Trades-completed-by-General-Manager-John-Dorsey-112330193

and traded around the 2017 draft like a maestro.   

Gotta keep the Mahomes deal separate as it happened at a different time.  Thus you might as well add in every trade from the past 5 years.

I guess a person could do this off season trades so far...

Redskins get:

Alex Smith

Rams get:

Marcus Peters

2018 6th

Chiefs get:

Fuller

2018 3rd

2018 4th

2019 2nd

You're right, otherwise, we'd have to throw in the 2 Second Rounders we gave for Smith in my equation (assuming it was Dorsey and Post-Dorsey).

but, but, but you don't trade him! Peters would never hold out! You make him play 3 years, then franchise him 2 more years and then get a 3rd round comp in 5 years!

Peters has no choice!

He could cover but refuse to tackle because he wants to stay healthy. Wait, that already happened.

Each transaction should be looked at separately.   Then combined, you can give an overall grade.   I'd give Veach a C+, some good, some bad so far.  It was a B until the Peters fiasco.  That's like a midterm that drags your grade way down, not just a pop quiz.  

Dorsey Overall was an A-.  Hated some of his moves, and posted about them, but overall he was an excellent GM.   Veach has a very long way to go to be that good.

A- is a bit high, just out of curiousity what did he start at after giving up two 2nd’s for the ‘bum’

I will give Dorsey a B. An A for finding talent outside the draft, a C for resigning players and a B for draft.

Still too early, but I give Veach a B for finding talent. Basically that is a steal with Ragland. Erving is an unknown and KPL was nice talent the flaked out. It is just a misty pot charge so who knows.

A- is a bit high, just out of curiousity what did he start at after giving up two 2nd’s for the ‘bum’

It was a 2nd and a 3rd which became a 2nd because we exceeded expectations that first season.  That was a C.   He built his way up with some great waiver wire pickups.  His first draft wasn't good.  

He got a new job immediately, and was the top candidate at both early openings. Easy to grade Dorsey an A-. Look at what he inherited, and look where he took us, quickly, and it was sustained. Kept us an extremely young team for his entire tenure, and planned to continue it with the way the contracts were structured for 2018 cuttability. Of course, he wouldn't have been stupid enough to Trade Peters for what he was traded for, so that's likely part of the reason he's gone. Wasn't willing to be a puppet. Lost a power struggle.

Dorsey made plenty of trades, some good, some bad, https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Trades-completed-by-General-Manager-John-Dorsey-112330193

and traded around the 2017 draft like a maestro.

Lol, we got nothing out of all those deals other than Smith, who you said we over paid for and Sherman as our fb Smith was Reid player that he wanted

The rest of those trades were nothing much but you grade that as A? At least we got 5 years out of Smith to wartch Veach then trade him for a 3rd and a starting CB that would at least bring a 2nd today for him. Dorsey also was fired, for his way of handling contracts and cap space. 2017 we have yet to see. Sure Mahomes has us excited and hunt was a home run but nothing else so far and many have said it was Veach and Reid on Mahomes more so than Dorsey. I give him a C. For getting us depth and such, comp picks and 1 year deals but Reid is the one that needs a lot of the praise took for winning as a coach. He'll if this was the case, Veach looks great winning the division again in his first year without any big his players or a draft....lol.

Lol, we got nothing out of all those deals other than Smith, who you said we over paid for and Sherman as our fb Smith was Reid player that he wanted

The rest of those trades were nothing much but you grade that as A? At least we got 5 years out of Smith to wartch Veach then trade him for a 3rd and a starting CB that would at least bring a 2nd today for him. Dorsey also was fired, for his way of handling contracts and cap space. 2017 we have yet to see. Sure Mahomes has us excited and hunt was a home run but nothing else so far and many have said it was Veach and Reid on Mahomes more so than Dorsey. I give him a C. For getting us depth and such, comp picks and 1 year deals but Reid is the one that needs a lot of the praise took for winning as a coach. He'll if this was the case, Veach looks great winning the division again in his first year without any big his players or a draft....lol.

You have no idea what Dorsey was fired for.   I grade him overall A-, based on his results.  His trades were overall meh, but a lot has to do with the 2017 draft deals, where it's too early to call.   Of course someone who NOW wants to minimize Dorsey will give that Mahomes credit to Reid and Veach.   Wouldn't expect anything less.  

Veach has a LONG WAY to go to be as good a GM as Dorsey was.   Hopefully he gets there.   

You have no idea what Dorsey was fired for. I grade him overall A-, based on his results. His trades were overall meh, but a lot has to do with the 2017 draft deals, where it's too early to call. Of course someone who NOW wants to minimize Dorsey will give that Mahomes credit to Reid and Veach. Wouldn't expect anything less.

Veach has a LONG WAY to go to be as good a GM as Dorsey was. Hopefully he gets there.

Lol that is my point. If he was so damn good he would not have been fired and in Cleveland now would he? Yet you give him an A even though he was fired so late in the process of the year.....come on, now way would an A grade guy get that. Your Dorsey homerism is showing now. Also, i would have to look but were you not one of those that called giving up a 1st this year to much in a trade for Mahomes on the other site?

Out of curiosity, why would a team that said they wanted the deal kept quiet all of a sudden let the terms slip? Or why, if it's such a shitty deal would the Chiefs let it slip? Or, can we wait and see what is actually agreed upon on 14 March. All of this is speculation by some non Rams or Chiefs personnel right? If, the rumors are correct so be it.

Lol that is my point. If he was so damn good he would not have been fired and in Cleveland now would he? Yet you give him an A even though he was fired so late in the process of the year.....come on, now way would an A grade guy get that. Your Dorsey homerism is showing now. Also, i would have to look but were you not one of those that called giving up a 1st this year to much in a trade for Mahomes on the other site?

He was fired by an incompetent owner.   That happens all the time with bad ownership, and unfortunately that's where we are.   The Peters giveaway just lends more credence to it.  That's not a reflection on the guy fired.  

I think we slightly overpaid for Mahomes, based on draft chart, but I was in favor of it, and was super excited about it.  

Out of curiosity, why would a team that said they wanted the deal kept quiet all of a sudden let the terms slip? Or why, if it's such a shitty deal would the Chiefs let it slip? Or, can we wait and see what is actually agreed upon on 14 March. All of this is speculation by some non Rams or Chiefs personnel right? If, the rumors are correct so be it.

This is the deal.  We got robbed.  If you seriously think the terms are going to miraculously turn in our favor on March 14th, then you should put in a bid for the Bridge in my hometown. 

This is the deal. We got robbed. If you seriously think the terms are going to miraculously turn in our favor on March 14th, then you should put in a bid for the Bridge in my hometown.

Why are they selling the bridge in your hometown. Can i put a toll on it? Are there other ways to get across the river or would i have a monopoly and be able to price gouge people. Seriously considering this.

Why are they selling the bridge in your hometown. Can i put a toll on it? Are there other ways to get across the river or would i have a monopoly and be able to price gouge people. Seriously considering this.

Many other ways to get across the river.   But I'll be glad to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.  Send me enough to buy the Chiefs from Hunt and give the fans a winning franchise for the next decade.  My mantra as an owner would be" hands off, I care about Football only".  

Many other ways to get across the river. But I'll be glad to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge. Send me enough to buy the Chiefs from Hunt and give the fans a winning franchise for the next decade. My mantra as an owner would be" hands off, I care about Football only".

Peters wanted to keep Alex. You can stop now:

https://twitter.com/HisDirknesS/status/968303303565152257?s=19

There were some but I think it was in the minority. I remember a few fans on sites that wanted Watson and even tried to rationalize their opinion after Watson's season before he got injured. Still it was in the minority though.

I rarely like QBs after watching a lot of video for whatever reason but I loved both Watson and Mahomes in that draft. Would have liked either. Interesting Andy chose the raw guy with the cannon arm over the safer bet. Made the pick even more compelling to me. And I don’t know any Chiefs fans who didn’t like taking a QB.

He was fired by an incompetent owner. That happens all the time with bad ownership, and unfortunately that's where we are. The Peters giveaway just lends more credence to it. That's not a reflection on the guy fired.

I think we slightly overpaid for Mahomes, based on draft chart, but I was in favor of it, and was super excited about it.

Same owner that brought in the best and hottest staff's up until now? Some worked some did not but he brought in the current coach that got us 2 division wins in a row. 5 winning seasons plus our first playoff win in forever. Dorsey did bring I depth and was good at the one year signings but lacked the cap space and even talent evaluation at times. He picked Ford and Fisher who some think is over paid but nothing special for a 1st over all pick but that was his first year. He picked Peters though talented we see how that went now. Ford probably won't be on the team if he passes the physical. Mahomes we traded up so we have to wait and see.

In 2016 he traded down and out of the 2nd and 3rd round picks we have Jones as Russell never made it out of camp. If not for the core group of guys he inherited we would have had many problems. He would draft for depth or development and we have class we are waiting on still. Now we have 2018, first for Veach yet to see but we will not have a first rounder either. Out of 5 years of drafts we have, with Mahomes staring next year 8 starters? Mahomes, Kelce, Fisher, Hill, Hunt, Nelson, LDT, Morse and I am sure I am missing some one.

We are waiting to see on others but nothing spectacular as of yet. We missed on a lot of CBs, no LG, no TE depth, safety depth and still have yet to find a solid WR group. Luckily we got Hill in the 5th but that does not happen often. Again, he turned around our depth and competition but no way I would give him an A.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Every-NFL-Draft-selection-made-by-Cleveland-Browns-John-Dorsey-112328382/Amp

Archived