Justin Houston

Thats why I never have bought a Jersey..ya never know

That’s why I bought a nice-quality Derrick Thomas jersey. Pretty hard to come to a point where that one’s no good at this point right? My cheapy backup that I use for casual kickin it with friends is a Len Dawson jersey. Pretty much fail proof right? No losers being sponsored here.

He is at his lowest value. Let him bounce back this year and see what you can get. Much less dead money next year.

Bounce back? From what? Sack numbers are down because Houston has become one of the top all around olbs in the game. He’s a complete player, not a one trick pony that can only rush the passer. Anyone who’s paying attention knows that Houston is at the top of his game even if he’s not posting 17 sacks a season. I’d contend that his value is as high as it’s ever been. That’s not to say I think we should trade him, because I don’t think we should, I’m just saying there’s nothing for him to bounce back from.

Bounce back? From what? Sack numbers are down because Houston has become one of the top all around olbs in the game. He’s a complete player, not a one trick pony that can only rush the passer. Anyone who’s paying attention knows that Houston is at the top of his game even if he’s not posting 17 sacks a season. I’d contend that his value is as high as it’s ever been. That’s not to say I think we should trade him, because I don’t think we should, I’m just saying there’s nothing for him to bounce back from.

I get it. You love Houston. So do I. But the narrative that he is dropping into coverage instead of rushing the passer just isn’t true. The numbers don’t bear it out. He is rushing appropriately 3 downs out of 4. That is about right.

He is not dropping more or getting more double teams than before. If I am wrong, link it because I a dumb ass that sees what I see.

What I see is a guy that had his lest knee repaired. Probably was over anxious to get back and went into a Denver seeing red. He killed and single handedly dominated the game. Then couldn’t play the season out.

In 2017, you had a player coming back feeling good about his knee. Left knee mind you. Knowing he can still dominate in coverage and dominate against the run, but an inside spin move with the weight of a RT on you? I think he didn’t feel confortable with it. I know I wouldn’t be.

You can say he was the same guy last year and the RTs he was facing were significantly better. I think he was getting stronger and not wanting to destroy his career.

Houston kills it this year IMO.

Nice! If we could get teams in 3rd and long more often he could rush more. But our run defense is so bad teams are constantly in 3rd and short yardage situations where he's forced to set that edge. Hopefully with EB back, another good ILB and improved d-line play we can improve this run d dramatically and let Houston get back to pinning his ears back on third downs regularly.

The RUMOR is that the chiefs are going to go back to press coverage from the secondary this season, effectively ending “band don’t break” in KC. If that happens, the pass rush is back on. We will greatly benefit from having Houston on the line if that happens...but seriously, Houston had a great all around last season, he just did a bunch of things that don’t show up on a stat sheet for us to oogle over. God willing, we use this money we have to get some DLine help and let Houston get back to Doo g what he does best

The RUMOR is that the chiefs are going to go back to press coverage from the secondary this season, effectively ending “band don’t break” in KC. If that happens, the pass rush is back on. We will greatly benefit from having Houston on the line if that happens...but seriously, Houston had a great all around last season, he just did a bunch of things that don’t show up on a stat sheet for us to oogle over. God willing, we use this money we have to get some DLine help and let Houston get back to Doo g what he does best

Makes sense as to another reason they traded Peters. He plays off the receiver a lot more then he presses. That's what I remember anyway. Any stats out there that can support or debunk my thought?

Archived