Thoughtful Take on Peters Trade

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pissed, don't get me wrong.  Trying to be level headed.  Also, I think Allbright can be kind of an ass but this provides perspective.

75YwXTCb_bigger.jpgBenjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL
FollowingFollowing @AllbrightNFL
More

If Marcus Peters could have fetched more in trade compensation, he would have. Period.

Of course.  And when he couldn't, you keep him.   Unless your owner is meddling, and forces a trade, no matter the pathetic compensation coming back.  

I'm pissed, don't get me wrong.  Trying to be level headed.  Also, I think Allbright can be kind of an ass but this provides perspective.

75YwXTCb_bigger.jpgBenjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL
FollowingFollowing @AllbrightNFL
More

If Marcus Peters could have fetched more in trade compensation, he would have. Period.

Painfully obvious to most. This was the best Veach could possibly get in a scenario where Andy Reid failed with Peters (no matter who's fault it is). Dorsey and Ballard were the two biggest instrumental parties in bringing him in and the fact neither was interested is as astonishing as it is telling about his lack of sign ability and fear he could infect young teams they will also certainly be fostering there. 

Sammy hits another one out of the park for a grand slam:

This trade is indefensible as a football move, a white flag on ambition for the 2018 season, and leaves open some brutally ugly possibilities up and down the organization’s football structure.

The team is likely to position this as a difficult decision made necessary by salary cap problems, and the escalating cost of keeping Peters beyond this season and particularly into his second contract, which would begin in the 2020 season.

They will try to convince fans that this is part of a building process around quarterback Patrick Mahomes, to absorb the short-term pain of cap problems and surround a nucleus of stars with the best young talent possible.

It’ll be complete nonsense, in other words, if that’s how this goes down.

Not sure how mellinger can write that considering the chiefs are still favorites to win the division.

I dont see the broncos getting kirk cousins changing my opinion on tjat

Smellinger is nothing but a shit stirrer. He talks shit about the Chiefs and Royals on a regular basis. According to some he does it because he wants the team to improve. In the same breath these people defend Peters for being upset because he was heckled. Hmm Smellinger heckles the teams and he's praised, fans heckles Peters (or other players they like) and they players are praised for getting pissed and mouthing off.

Smellinger is nothing but a shit stirrer. He talks shit about the Chiefs and Royals on a regular basis. According to some he does it because he wants the team to improve. In the same breath these people defend Peters for being upset because he was heckled. Hmm Smellinger heckles the teams and he's praised, fans heckles Peters (or other players they like) and they players are praised for getting pissed and mouthing off.

Or he wants to follow thee Whitlock path. Get ready Cowherd, we are grooming your next side kick.

Not sure how mellinger can write that considering the chiefs are still favorites to win the division.

I dont see the broncos getting kirk cousins changing my opinion on tjat

You sure about that?

2019 AFC Championship - Odds to Win 

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
Oakland Raiders

Another thing to think about is how our defense has been spoiled for a long time.  Smith wasn't aggressive but he didn't turn the ball over, we as a team had what maybe 15 turnovers this year.  I can see Mahomes easily having that himself in his first year.  Peters threw fits on the sideline when things didn't go his way, can you imagine what he would be like if Mahomes has a really bad year and makes mistakes at very poor times on our side of the field and the defense gives up points due to bad field position.  Peters would explode and making his trade value even worse.  Others have said that he has been basically been kicked off two teams but the telling thing is that we wanted to get rid of him and NOBODY wanted him in the NFL except for his hometown team that says a lot about him.  I wish just like everyone else that we would of gotten more for him but its hard when nobody wants him even the guys responsible for drafting him had no interest. Just a thought

I like me Peters. But we do need a good locker room for Mahomes. He is the leader of the team and could throw ton of picks his first year. That is OK so long as we don’t have chaos in the locker room over it. 2018 to me is not the goal. Mahomes is the real deal and in the long run will kill it.

Just saw peters interviewed on NFL network.. peters said he will miss berry Huston and specifically big red.. said he miss Reid n that he knew if he corrected him it was in his best interest. He respected Reid n enjoyed his relationship with him. He wanted to dispel the rumors that he and Andy didn't get along. We just lost one of the best cbs of this generation if not all time by the time he is done.. I've always defended Clark, but this reeks of an owner letting a small misguided, but money wielding porting of the fan base grab his ear. I'm not worried about being able to field a competent team, but I'm beyond disappointed in not only ownership, but also a portion of our fan base.

Just saw peters interviewed on NFL network.. peters said he will miss berry Huston and specifically big red.. said he miss Reid n that he knew if he corrected him it was in his best interest. He respected Reid n enjoyed his relationship with him. He wanted to dispel the rumors that he and Andy didn't get along. We just lost one of the best cbs of this generation if not all time by the time he is done.. I've always defended Clark, but this reeks of an owner letting a small misguided, but money wielding porting of the fan base grab his ear. I'm not worried about being able to field a competent team, but I'm beyond disappointed in not only ownership, but also a portion of our fan base.

Hunt is conservative by nature. He probably didn't even like the Peters / Hill drafts. Dorsey was canned for some of those reasons.

Dgaf I have always loved the idea that clark was so hands off.. let the coach n gm handle the team.. you don't like what they do fire em, but let them do their jobs how they see fit.. not dictated by pressure from an overly emotional and irrational fan base.

I guess Peters basically telling Hunt to fuck off didn't weigh in on the decision. No I don't have a link with him saying fuck off but when it's reported that the owner couldn't get through to him it says more about the player than the owner.

I guess Peters basically telling Hunt to fuck off didn't weigh in on the decision. No I don't have a link with him saying fuck off but when it's reported that the owner couldn't get through to him it says more about the player than the owner.

I've seen it n i would argue that he did get through to him.. saying that he didn't was the writers oppinion in the piece.. it was the conversation with Clark that led to the resolution of peters staying in the locker room for the song..

The owner has the money and is in charge. If someone pisses off the man with the money, then it’s asinine to criticize the man with the money. This won’t be the last black mark on Peters career.

Archived