Thoughtful Take on Peters Trade

Dgaf I have always loved the idea that clark was so hands off.. let the coach n gm handle the team.. you don't like what they do fire em, but let them do their jobs how they see fit.. not dictated by pressure from an overly emotional and irrational fan base.

Fans gonna fan.   I don't blame fans for making their feelings known.  I blame a spineless owner for letting that dictate how he runs his franchise,  how on the field Football decisions are made.   

The day Clark stepped in and forced Dorsey to sign Berry, he ceased being a hands off owner, if he indeed ever was one.  Now he forced his current GM to trade a top, young player, a key part of us winning in the recent past, and the immediate future, for pennies on the dollar.  Clark is on his way to Danny Boy Snyder ridicule.  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The owner has the money and is in charge. If someone pisses off the man with the money, then it’s asinine to criticize the man with the money. This won’t be the last black mark on Peters career.

It's not asinine to criticize the man with the money! How many conversations have been had over the years about how thankful we were that Clark wasn't meddlesome like jerry n some of the others?

I've seen it n i would argue that he did get through to him.. saying that he didn't was the writers oppinion in the piece.. it was the conversation with Clark that led to the resolution of peters staying in the locker room for the song..

But you just said he let him go due to fan pressure. Sorry but Clark isn't where he is today because he folds under a little pressure.

Here's the thing, Hunt is the owner and if he has a certain expectation regarding behavior that's his right as an owner whether you agree with it or not. Just like those of us have rules of conduct we are under with our employers,if you don't like then get off the bus.

I can go either way on Peters, but to give up a starting pro bowl CB that can play the game for a 4th and future 2nd sucks balls to me. The dude is a turnover machine that we don't have and eliminated a side of the field. To trade that for a possible special teams guy this year with a 4th and a 2nd next year doesn't cut it. I'd rather gut it out with him even if he's an ass for 3 years (this, 5th option, and franchise once) and get nothing in return than this low ball exchange. Heck, waiting until an injury during the season and trading him would have yielded better results.

That's fine if we wanted to trade him, but only if dealing from a position of strength. He wants to be a dick, then keep suspending him of games, it will click.

It's not asinine to criticize the man with the money! How many conversations have been had over the years about how thankful we were that Clark wasn't meddlesome like jerry n some of the others?

I'm assuming you have a job and work for a living. If your boss told you to do something the way he wanted it done would you bite your tounge and do it or would you ignore him and continue doing what you wanted? Remember you don't have the freedom to walk away and go work for someone else.

You sure about that?

2019 AFC Championship - Odds to Win -

Denver Broncos

18/1

Kansas City Chiefs

16/1

Los Angeles Chargers

14/1

Oakland Raiders

13/1

Again i argue they are basing that on the assumption that cousins is a top tier qb, which i dont agree with.

Ive seen enough of mahomes to think he will be the top qb in the division next year.

Here's the thing, Hunt is the owner and if he has a certain expectation regarding behavior that's his right as an owner whether you agree with it or not. Just like those of us have rules of conduct we are under with our employers,if you don't like then get off the bus.

I can go either way on Peters, but to give up a starting pro bowl CB that can play the game for a 4th and future 2nd sucks balls to me. The dude is a turnover machine that we don't have and eliminated a side of the field. To trade that for a possible special teams guy this year with a 4th and a 2nd next year doesn't cut it. I'd rather gut it out with him even if he's an ass for 3 years (this, 5th option, and franchise once) and get nothing in return than this low ball exchange. Heck, waiting until an injury during the season and trading him would have yielded better results.

That's fine if we wanted to trade him, but only if dealing from a position of strength. He wants to be a dick, then keep suspending him of games, it will click.

What kind of signal are you telling the rest of your players? Hey, if your good enough I don't care how you act. Great example of the inmates running the asylum.

Again i argue they are basing that on the assumption that cousins is a top tier qb, which i dont agree with.

Ive seen enough of mahomes to think he will be the top qb in the division next year.

Cousins isn't part of the equation. Right now Denver is the 4th choice.   If they sign Cousins, they'll likely pass us up as 3rd choice.  I love Mahomes,  but he's gonna have to outscore lots of teams.  He can, and it's the only reason I think we'll be OK next year.  But without Peters, we're a significantly weaker team than we were.  

I'm assuming you have a job and work for a living. If your boss told you to do something the way he wanted it done would you bite your tounge and do it or would you ignore him and continue doing what you wanted? Remember you don't have the freedom to walk away and go work for someone else.

The point is he had a conversation with his boss, and the decision that was made was that he would stay in the lock room till the song was done.. he didn't ignore Clark at all.. again your letting the writers opinion part of that article stand as fact.. it's just not.

The point is he had a conversation with his boss, and the decision that was made was that he would stay in the lock room till the song was done.. he didn't ignore Clark at all.. again your letting the writers opinion part of that article stand as fact.. it's just not.

Clark, is that you? I mean obviously if you know exactly was said between the two then it must be you. Also, the deal with the anthem is not the only reason he is being traded, I'm sure it factored in with the other things. I also believe that the anthem issue was not the only time the two had a heart to heart.

What kind of signal are you telling the rest of your players? Hey, if your good enough I don't care how you act. Great example of the inmates running the asylum.

You miss the part of suspending his ass over and over if necessary until he gets it? Tough love approach, if that register trade him in season like I said.

You miss the part of suspending his ass over and over if necessary until he gets it? Tough love approach, if that register trade him in season like I said.

Peters was suspended once.   For cause.   He got it so much he was completely remorseful, and played the best football of his career when he came back.   That's a guy who responds to tough love.   I suspect he'll respond to the Rams, and become the highest paid CB in the NFL in a couple of years.  

If you have to suspend someone over and over again why keep them? What's the age definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. He's had several chances in college and the pros and people expect him to change.

Bottom line, not a single person in here as I can tell has changed their opinion on this trade based on anything anyone has posted. So for me I am done with the Peters saga.

Peters was suspended once.   For cause.   He got it so much he was completely remorseful, and played the best football of his career when he came back.   That's a guy who responds to tough love.   I suspect he'll respond to the Rams, and become the highest paid CB in the NFL in a couple of years.  

agreed

You’re operating under the assumption that this was just one conversation about one single thing. Do you have evidence that says Clark didn’t have meetings with him about his on field behavior, or other things that aren’t publicly known? Your supposition in this matter is that this is based entirely on the anthem nonsense.

Clark, is that you? I mean obviously if you know exactly was said between the two then it must be you. Also, the deal with the anthem is not the only reason he is being traded, I'm sure it factored in with the other things. I also believe that the anthem issue was not the only time the two had a heart to heart.

My comments were based on the article in question that another poster brought up.. there were facts in it like peters had a talk with Clark n afterwards he stayed in lock room, there was also opinion like he couldn't get through to him..

Cousins isn't part of the equation. Right now Denver is the 4th choice. If they sign Cousins, they'll likely pass us up as 3rd choice. I love Mahomes, but he's gonna have to outscore lots of teams. He can, and it's the only reason I think we'll be OK next year. But without Peters, we're a significantly weaker team than we were.

Didn't read that close enough, my mistake. My point still stands though.

Im not afriad of denver in any scenario, and I don’t believe in david carr.

I will say this oakland has improved from the stand point of they had a zero percent chance of success with del rio as coach, at least the have a chance now.

The team that scares me is san diego playing an entire year of relying on run game and defense and not letting rivers take over and ruin them. Easier said than done for that franchise however.

You’re operating under the assumption that this was just one conversation about one single thing. Do you have evidence that says Clark didn’t have meetings with him about his on field behavior, or other things that aren’t publicly known? Your supposition in this matter is that this is based entirely on the anthem nonsense.

I'm not saying that it's the only reason or meeting, but your fooling yourself if you think it didn't play a large role.

Uhh... we’re talking about the #30 defense in the league WITH Peters. How much worse is it going to be without him? 31, 32? It’s too bad it didn’t work out with him —I loved watching him play —but the sky’s not falling here. They had a leaky D last year and won 10 games (could have won 14).

I'm not saying that it's the only reason or meeting, but your fooling yourself if you think it didn't play a large role.

By itself, no , not at all. When combined with other issues, yes, I’m sure it did. When considering issues, it’s a summation of all issues. The anthem thing by itself is a non starter, but when combined with everything else, the total picture becomes the issue.

By itself, no , not at all. When combined with other issues, yes, I’m sure it did. When considering issues, it’s a summation of all issues. The anthem thing by itself is a non starter, but when combined with everything else, the total picture becomes the issue.

Obviously they felt it combined to too much.. peters must have really hated Sutton/ whoever the rift was with.. funny how most that wanted peters gone also agree with him about bobs no nut play calling. Maybe clarks conservitive nature has rubbed off on Sutton. He seems the stay in line type.

I'm sorry guys I'm just pissed n rambling. No the sky isn't falling, but sure smells of poo

Uhh... we’re talking about the #30 defense in the league WITH Peters. How much worse is it going to be without him? 31, 32? It’s too bad it didn’t work out with him —I loved watching him play —but the sky’s not falling here. They had a leaky D last year and won 10 games (could have won 14).

Our defense in fact played its best game of the season last year with Revis, Nelson and Mitchell as the three starters playing nearly every snap. I’d bet a lot of money our overall actually defense improves in 2018. In fact I’ll bet we are MUCH younger and improve significantly over the past two seasons.

At first I was okay with trading Peters as long as we got great value in return. If we indeed just get a 2nd (next year) and a 4th then this is a horrible move. Not even close to what I was hoping. Peters is a proven commodity and still under a rookie contract. 

Now part of me wants to say...unless we fix the front seven it won't matter if Peters is there or not. But with Berry coming back, Ragland getting another year under his belt. Pick up a solid FA and draft decently...we could vastly improve the front end of the defense. But settling for chump change for Peters....I can't agree with that even if he was a difficult player at times. 

Archived